Disposable Blu: How long does it actually last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calivapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Los Angeles
Unfortunately, no. The problem is that the battery in those units don't last. There's still liquid but no battery. I would recommend buying one of their rechargeable batteries, a charger, and cartridges if you want to go this route (as opposed to getting an ego, for example). You will save a lot in the long run. One disposable is around $10. You can get the rechargeable one in the config I mentioned for about $40 with 5 cartridges. And with these, you will be able to use up the whole cartridge which on average lasts about 3 days.

Calivapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Los Angeles
Unfortunately, no. The problem is that the battery in those units don't last. There's still liquid but no battery. I would recommend buying one of their rechargeable batteries, a charger, and cartridges if you want to go this route (as opposed to getting an ego, for example). You will save a lot in the long run. One disposable is around $10. You can get the rechargeable one in the config I mentioned for about $40 with 5 cartridges. And with these, you will be able to use up the whole cartridge which on average lasts about 3 days.

Edit* But I guess getting a rechargeable one may not help you quit.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
thanks for the info.

how long do you think this disposable will last in terms of days, not hits.

The blu disposables that I had (got 2) I would say lasted about 3-4 days. Maybe another way to gauge how long it will last you is in terms of how many cigarettes equivalent.

I used mine mostly on my way to and from work, which worked out to 6 cigs a day, and then a few drags here and there (probably worth 1 cig a day). So for three days, I guess it lasted about pack to a pack and a half.

Antoly

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Maynard MA, USA
If you want e-cigs to help you to quit smoking there is no sense in trying to minimize e-cig usage. It will not work that way. Moreover, the goal should be to maximize their usage, I mean to use them as often as you want. That is the way to success. Your goal should be to quit smoking not to get rid of nicotine, at least initially. After you forget what tobacco cigarettes are and why people smoke you will be able to decide if you wish to quit getting nicotine, lower its consumption or vape forever.

yayfish

Apr 5, 2013
burgh
i wrote to the blu customer service. this is what they said:

Thank you for contacting us.
In theory if you hit it once a day it should last about 400 days. This being said the battery is only good for about 1 year. AS far as smoke time it only has about 2 hours of smoke time on the battery. Meaning if you smoked it for 10 minutes and didn't touch it for 6 months it would still have a bout 1hr and 50 minutes left on it. Also if you take huge drags on it this will drain the battery faster. It does say approximately 400 puffs. Hope this helps you out. Have a great day.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

great answer. and they wrote back to me in about 12 hours.

if my ecig lasts this long, and i can hit it only a few times (more likely, a dozen) a day for a month or two then i am pretty excited!

wandawag

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
jacksonville, florida
please rethink your plan of using your ecig just a few hits a day. use it at least as often as you would have smoked. you want to keep your nic level up so that you don't have cravings. you will have sucess if you vape enough...since the will is there....there is a way....vape till you are content. keep reading here and then you will graduate away from the cig a likes possibly. the cig a likes is the most expensive way to go....but if cig a likes is what keeps you off the stinkies, stay with that...whatever it takes! even using cig a likes, still cheaper than smoking for most. best of luck, welcome to ecf....and keep reading and learning.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I just wrote a 15 minute reply to this post then lost it all as my isp crashed.....arghh...

Please listen to the knowledgeable people on here before choosing what to do. If you believe an email and get all excited about the prospects of getting 40 cigarettes-worth and batteries lasting a year, you WILL be disappointed.

Look-a-like e-cigs do NOT perform as well as the marketing would have you believe. The big bad world of the internet allows companies to make any claims they like about performance, vaping time, nicotine yield, etc. Nobody will stop them.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I like how they qualified it by saying, "in theory." That's the wrong theory. The battery has a natural drain and will lose its charge over time. Oh well, give it a try but I'm willing to bet that it won't last even a week with reasonable use.

Exactly. It's like saying "in theory" our government is here to help us.

Excuse me while I go barf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread