disposable carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
I heard some time ago about the likelyhood that disposable carts were on the horizon. It was said that they would be like the kr808-d cartomizers but for the M-series. Are these available yet? If so, where can one get them? I like the M-series, but have been awaiting the ease of making this little guy a 2 piece. Thanks in advance!

-VP

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Do a google for 401 cartomizers. There is a new place in Texas, ecigs-4all, that has them. I'm not sure if they are E2 or not. Also not sure how good these work. I was kinda waiting on some reviews here. Have I missed them?
Joe

Just looked at the ecigs-4all site, i got no data on those M401 cartos either, but i doubt they're the E2 cartos since there's no mention of them being filler-less or requiring special refill needles. I would like to give the E2 401 cartos a try.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
The e2 still have some bugs to work out I hear. The regular might be a good thing? I have not even found a review of the regulars.
Joe

I have tried an E2 510 carto, an older one before they made the change to ceramic parts. It really worked well on my battery mods!! Performance comparable to an LR atty (2 ohm), but used less power than an LR atty. Actually I would say it was somewhat overpowered on my 3.7v MODs. There's a chance the E2 cartos may work well on std 40x batts. A super tiny m403 with a big kick would be pretty cool :)

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
VM, I am a 3.7 fan also. Oh, and a 40x fan. Sooo, I combined 3.7 w/ 40s and it works fine. I can't tell much diff from a reg 40x batt xcept for maybe a more consistant vape.

Have you seen any reviews on a 401 carto, old style or E2?

I have 808 cartos that I use one my 3.7 and hey... I like em. But now I want a carto for my 40x batts.

LOL, a carto that works great on a 403... would be REAL neat!
Joe

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I just got some 401 CE2 cartos today. I'll report back when I get one filled. I got the XL ones that hold close to 2ml. I've been using these since the beginning on my 808 and was curious to how they work on the M4xx models.

Cool! I've been wondering how well they'll work on std 40x batteries.

Since the 510 E2 carto that I tried ran pretty 'hot' on full 3.7v MODs, I've been wondering how well they work on std batteries. I didn't try it on any std batts because I only have std 401 batts and no 401to510 adapter.

An XL carto on a 403... funny... a filled carto would outlive quite a few battery charges :)

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Cool! I've been wondering how well they'll work on std 40x batteries.

Since the 510 E2 carto that I tried ran pretty 'hot' on full 3.7v MODs, I've been wondering how well they work on std batteries. I didn't try it on any std batts because I only have std 401 batts and no 401to510 adapter.

An XL carto on a 403... funny... a filled carto would outlive quite a few battery charges :)

Ok, I've tried it on a 401 manual and a 403 auto for comparison. The threading was tight at first but now it screws into place easy. The draw is easier compared to an atty. I'm using a 3ohm carto so the hit is real mellow. The company recommends 2.5ohms for the 401 batt. I would probably like that better (being use to 3.7). If you're after a mellow hit then 3ohms would be fine.

For size comparison, an 401 XL CE2 is the same size as the 403 batt itself.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Turbo, where do you buy these?
I got them at Vapor junction.

Wow, that's big. and that holds 2ml of juice? How annoying is it to fill?

It doesn't hold exactly 2ml but close. I'll have to measure it on a refill. They also make a regular size one. There's a filler ring w/ two small holes so the best way to fill is to use a syringe. There are some that take the filler ring out and drip to fill. I find that if you disturb the filler ring leaking can occur. Some people do a PTB mod to cure that but I leave it in place.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Ok, I've tried it on a 401 manual and a 403 auto for comparison. The threading was tight at first but now it screws into place easy. The draw is easier compared to an atty. I'm using a 3ohm carto so the hit is real mellow. The company recommends 2.5ohms for the 401 batt. I would probably like that better (being use to 3.7). If you're after a mellow hit then 3ohms would be fine.

For size comparison, an 401 XL CE2 is the same size as the 403 batt itself.

For a capacity comparison... one 401 XL CE2 carto holds about as much liquid as 6 401 carts.

Ah... yet another site selling the E2s (cloudsofvapor and wordup carry them too) although vaporjunction is the first I've seen with 401 E2s... i wish they had the 2.5 ohmers for the 401 in particular since the 401 batts are lower voltage.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
For a capacity comparison... one 401 XL CE2 carto holds about as much liquid as 6 401 carts.

Yes, it sure beats those tiny little carts.

Ah... yet another site selling the E2s (cloudsofvapor and wordup carry them too) although vaporjunction is the first I've seen with 401 E2s... i wish they had the 2.5 ohmers for the 401 in particular since the 401 batts are lower voltage.

I imagine more vendors will start stocking them, especially if the next revision turns out even better. I'm loving these so far. They do take a little learning curve to master but it's not bad. The flavor is close to dripping. I agree, I'd like to try these at 2.5ohms and would like to know if the standard size carto fits into a PCC. That might even urge me to start taking the 401 out again on occasion.

Last edited:

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
OK, weird question. Are they making 401 cartos that have the filler in them? I have 808s w/ filler and have no probs w/ them. I just fill them when they act low on juice. And they are a snap to fill w/ the condom method.
Joe

As far as I know they haven't yet. They've been threatening for a while and do have some for some other M series. You would think they would've by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread