Dissappointed with sales this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I went out over the holiday and hit a couple of local shops in my area. One shop did have some great deals but low in stock, kinda normal, no big deal. One shop had liquids on sale but it was mainly just house stuff and to me not that great. The other 2 shops were awful (I knew they would be) the deals may have been high like 35% off but when they are higher than online by what seems like 100% or 50% higher than any other local shop, it really isn't a deal.

I have looked online at some sales and just haven't been impressed. I'm not in the market to buy anything, well don't need anything but always looking for the I want it gimme. I haven't found anything to raise an eyebrow about. Is it me or have the sales been less this year? Have the prices come down through the year, so there just isn't room for the huge markdowns?

The biggest sales I've seen, have to me been geared more to the starter side of things. I mean it makes sense with the new year coming and all but haven't seen any crazy deals on other side of the spectrum. I also haven't seen much in the way of liquids either. I haven't noticed a liquid sale that has made me want to order stuff and try it.

Is it me? Have I just reached the point where I'm not finding anything new or exciting? Have I missed something somewhere or have any of you felt the same way. Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate what our shops and/or online stores do for us but just seems like last year had more to offer for less. Then again maybe I've just done too much buying, selling, and trading that I've just lost the fever, lol.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Apart from one online UK site it was pretty dismal and didn't make me buy anything in the sales only purchases I made were with fasttech and that was just normal. I think the hype of black Friday was far bigger then the deals on offer add in that the biggest deals are usually on older stock and with the coming legislation in the EU and the US most places haven't been ordering in the larger quantity they have in the past so less discount for the sellers to pass on.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I'm pretty happy with my current gear that should last me several lifetimes. I've been getting more committed to DIY (particularly given the recent taxation legislation of eliquid in the city of Chicago and Cook county, which doesn't directly impact me anyway) so I bought 500ml of 100mg nicotine for 40% off.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Made the jump, and ordered over $100 worth of DIY stuff from RTS Vapes with the 20% off code, plus 4oz of Blue Slush extract direct from OSDIYS (no discount).

I'm keeping an eye out for the cyber Monday sales, but so far, the emails aren't even baiting me to click the banners... 15% off site wide, 35% off select products, and some sites just seem to have slept in today offoring no discounts at all... I need to buy coils for my Atlantis, but at this point, I may just get them as opposed to waiting for a deal.

Reactions: papergoblin

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
I didn't need anything I couldn't wait a few months of saving for rather than putting it all on a credit card, but I did look around.... Had a cart at a few online shops with a mod or two at least, just couldn't justify spending, I'm pretty stocked up on things like nic and wick and wire.... Only trying to keep a year supply of batteries, VG, pg and flavors for the excuse to look around and buy extra random stuff....
I wouldn't say I was disappointed in the sales, there just wasn't anything for me to give me shinitis....

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I picked up a 2nd iStick 100W and a Tobeco Velocity clone for $35 shipped. Couldn't pass that up. Other than that the sales were kinda "meh..."

4oz of Blue Slush
Have you tried it yet? I'ts one of my faves. I mix it at 15% and just add nic and VG. Comes out around 96% VG. Great for clouds. :thumb:

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I picked up a 2nd iStick 100W and a Tobeco Velocity clone for $35 shipped. Couldn't pass that up. Other than that the sales were kinda "meh..."

Have you tried it yet? I'ts one of my faves. I mix it at 15% and just add nic and VG. Comes out around 96% VG. Great for clouds. :thumb:

I have not! I'm trying to clone my favorite juice to date (Berry Slush by Draco Vapory) and I'm hoping this is a good starting point... Even if it is not exact, the overwhelming positive reviews of it sold me on the 4oz versus the 1oz.

I found a couple of beginner/intermediate box mods (I'm not demanding) at good sales prices, so I got those.

Other than that, I'm not really in the market for anything and really, really don't need more nic right now. I'm already getting the hairy eyeball for using half a shelf in the freezer.

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
I think I did pretty well and have had to stop myself before the wife tears me a new one.

Juice:
Ohm's Vapes had 100ml for $10. While I DIY a lot, they have some flavors I really enjoy.
Charlie Noble is already reasonably priced, and at 50% off I couldn't pass up getting a bit more.

Mods:
Sig Fuchai for less than $50. Reuleaux DNA for under $100. Atmizoo Lab for under $20. IStick 100W for under $30. Tesla Two for $17.

Atties:
Two more Goblin Minis for less than $35. Two Aromamizers, one of each size, for just a little more than the price of one.

And lots of 25Rs. I have a couple carts I'd like to pull the trigger on, just weighing the marital consequences.

Two packages are already scheduled for delivery today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread