Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Grocery or drug store.

In my area, DW is basically everywhere and $1-2 per gallon.

Anyone that uses a PAP machine buys distilled water, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Store it at room temperature and it should last a year or two easily.

I don't use it, but 5-10% seems to be the max I have heard about. Generally to thin VG for folks that can't use PG.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
you can make your own.... get a pot of water, put the lid on it at an angle as to where it leans a bit over the edge of the pot, place a cup/glass at the edge of the lid outside the pot... bring water up to temp 180-212F let it simmer. As the water simmers/boils off it will condense on the lid and then run into the glass... a domed lid works best. And there you have it distilled water...

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
distilled water is basically water that has been boiled to the vapor state, collected and bottled...

but heres some info that really doesnt make sense... the reason people use distilled water is that there is a lack of "chemicals" that normal tap water contains... and nobody really wants to vape chemical loaded water right?? ;)

but its okay to drink it... and its okay to take a hot shower and breathe it... and its okay to swim in it ( even more loaded with chemicals that normal tap water)... and at 10% of 5 ml.. thats what 1/2 a ml of water...

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I suspect the DW spec started just to reduce wear on the metals in the atty from impurities.

If you have good tap water at home, that should be fine considering the minute amounts we're talking about.

At the store... "drinking" water should be just as good. They're heavily filtered.
I'd avoid any "mineral" waters, as they're specifically produced to retain, or have added, extra minerals and salts for flavor.
Can't say about "spring" varieties... some might, some might not. I'd avoid for constant atty use.

For generic or common brands... all three cost the same per gallon, so get DW if available, drinking if not

But I wouldn't get neurotic about the topic. :D

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I can only tolerate 10% PG or less.
I tried DW and found it has too much TH.
I read that Saline has less TH so I tried it and confirmed.
I've been using 87VG/3%Saline/10%flavor (VG nic) for over a year.
I'd guess it's about the same viscosity as 25/75 PG/VG

Addipak.jpg

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread