DIY Box mod with mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2016
Hi there. I'm new to this forum. Pardon me.

Recently, i've built my self a dual parallel box mod with irlb3034pbf mosfet. It fires well the first time with a 0.30 ohm built. No shorts no nothing. Works great. However, after a few days, the mod just fire itself even with the master switch turned off. Its likw slow firing.

I was wondering what went wrong. I've check for any shorts to body from the batteries or switches but to no avail.

Can it be the mosfet? Anyone has ever encountered this type of situation before? I could use some advice here.

Thanks

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I'd look for a crossed wire or solder flow causing the problem. You say you've checked that, and if you're certain your circuit is without error, then it could be your switch or the fet. Multimeter every contact from battery to 510. This simple circuit should not be hard to trace the malfunction.

Let's see what we're working with. Post a couple pics of the build, please.

Thread moved to modding forum in 3-2-1...

Jul 8, 2016
I'd look for a crossed wire or solder flow causing the problem. You say you've checked that, and if you're certain your circuit is without error, then it could be your switch or the fet. Multimeter every contact from battery to 510. This simple circuit should not be hard to trace the malfunction.

Let's see what we're working with. Post a couple pics of the build, please.

Thread moved to modding forum in 3-2-1...
Will do. I'll post the photos soon. Thanks

Reactions: Dougiestyle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread