DIY e-liquids muted flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.

antilopi

Mar 6, 2017
Hello, I would like to ask if somebody knows what should be the reason that all my DIY e-liquids have muted flavour. I am following famous recipes like DIY or DIE and fresh03 for example, I do everything as it say, I use syringe, I leave them to steep a couple of days. I am doing them with 100% VG base and my nicotine is e-liquid France 70/30 VG/PG. I am using Avocado. Any ideas? Thanks

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Everyone's taste is different so you may want to up the flavor %. Other than that it takes a little time after you quit smoking to get your taste buds and sense of smell back. It may be that if you just recently quit. The only other thing is if your flavors are from a different manufacturer, or possibly a less than reputable supplier that is watering down flavors to increase profit margins. I'm just spitballing here but that's all I got, good luck.

Reactions: CagedSpam

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hello, I would like to ask if somebody knows what should be the reason that all my DIY e-liquids have muted flavour. I am following famous recipes like DIY or DIE and fresh03 for example, I do everything as it say, I use syringe, I leave them to steep a couple of days. I am doing them with 100% VG base and my nicotine is E-liquid France 70/30 VG/PG. I am using Avocado. Any ideas? Thanks
If you are mixing max VG; you may be needing more than just "a couple of days" for the flavors to blend. Because VG is thicker, some find an increased period for aging (one to two weeks{or even more}), and others find it necessary to boost the flavor concentrates in order to get the flavors where they want them.

I don't know how large of a batch(es) you made, but if you are going to start tweaking them, I would first set part of each recipe aside. This will give you a "control" sample for both seeing what a little extra aging will do as well as something for comparison to see what affect your changes have.

Make sure you keep good notes about what you are doing so you can duplicate it in the future. I have lost more than one "success" because I failed to note what I had done and was never able to repeat it again.
Take a lesson from my mistakes!:D

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
It could be any number of things: what flavors are you using, what company are they from, maybe you need to up the flavor percentages, or change your wattage. Some flavors like sweet candy and dessert flavors need more steep time. Keep in mind that DIY flavors won't really taste like store bought juices, unless maybe you're trying to clone a flavor.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Hello, I would like to ask if somebody knows what should be the reason that all my DIY e-liquids have muted flavour. I am following famous recipes like DIY or DIE and fresh03 for example, I do everything as it say, I use syringe, I leave them to steep a couple of days. I am doing them with 100% VG base and my nicotine is E-liquid France 70/30 VG/PG. I am using Avocado. Any ideas? Thanks

What are the flavor profiles , are they Strawberry based because many people complain about having trouble tasting those types of recipes .

I have made quite a few DIY or DIE recipes myself and i have not had any that really impressed . On another note, you having trouble tasting flavorings when using 100% VG is expected , PG carries flavors much better than VG .

I have trouble finding recipes that really impress also but one i came back to after trying every clone of it and being disappointed is Suicide Bunny's Mothers Milk .

I decided to Google the official "leaked recipe" and that one is very different from the others but to my amazement it turned out to be amazing and very tasty , it's the one with a dash of TFA Cinnamon Spice .

Another full on flavor recipe that people should make if full on flavor is what they want is the Adirondack "Placid" clone below:

Placid is

HoneySuckle 4%
Pear 4%
Strawberry 4%
Lime 1%

It's very tasty with any flavoring from any manufacturer and an all time best seller .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread