DIY ecig juice accident! should i be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke S.

Apr 15, 2016
Hi guys! I've been making my own juice for about a year now and I am typically very cautious when working with needles. Today I opened a new syringe for my Propylene Glycol, so it was unused and it fell off the table as I was opening it and my reflexes thought, "hey lets catch this nothing bad could happen" and sure enough it punctured almost all the was through my hand. I took all the steps to cleaning and caring for the puncture, but now my thumb hurts incredibly when I move it or apply any pressure with it. I figured it was just a bruised nerve/bone. it does not currently seem like a medical emergency, i just wanted here some thoughts on what I should do? Thanks!

P.S I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area, i figured this was an odd occurrence and thought "health" would be the most appropriate lol

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
My son shot himself through the hand with an EPI pen... So few key questions: Was the needle sterile? Is there a chance you chipped bone? If yes and no, them probably not much to worry about. If not, then you should probably see your doctor as a precaution e.g. tetanus, xray, etc.

But hey, why not use blunt (rather than sharpened) needles? Best of luck!

Luke S.

Apr 15, 2016
My son shot himself through the hand with an EPI pen... So few key questions: Was the needle sterile? Is there a chance you chipped bone? If yes and no, them probably not much to worry about. If not, then you should probably see your doctor as a precaution e.g. tetanus, xray, etc.

But hey, why not use blunt (rather than sharpened) needles? Best of luck!
thanks for the quick response! and correct, it was sterile and it does not seem to hurt bad enough to have a chipped bone., i will definitely have to invest in some blunt tipped needles after this incident considering i use so many different flavours in my mixes lol.

Reactions: LoveVanilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread