DIY fix for leaking squeeze bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Been meaning to post this for awhile.

So you get home from the $ store with your squeeze bottles, filled them up with pg and vg, get out your recipes, scale, nic, and flavours thinking this is going to be great, then pg and vg everywhere when you try to add the pg and vg. What to do ?

After cleaning up the mess...........Head to a hardware store, find the plumbing section and pick up a roll of "Thread Seal Tape". It's a thin white tape about a 1/4" wide but without a sticky side. Cost I don't remember exactly but somewhere around 2 bucks. Plumbers use it on threads to prevent leaking. Wrap 2/3 times around the threads on the bottle, screw on the lid and presto no leaks.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Or, buy these. No leaks yet and I've used about a dozen of them repeatedly. The tips fit all my atomizer fill holes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ITTTSOM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71K4WIfXUpL._SL1500_.jpg

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Or, buy these. No leaks yet and I've used about a dozen of them repeatedly. The tips fit all my atomizer fill holes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ITTTSOM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71K4WIfXUpL._SL1500_.jpg
These look like good bottles for juice, I haven't had any trouble with my 30 ml plastic bottles leaking but I do like the above bottles.

My post was in reference to 250 ml bottles that I transfer my pg/vg into from the large bottles they come in, guess I should have been more specific in my original post.

Reactions: Kenna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
These look like good bottles for juice, I haven't had any trouble with my 30 ml plastic bottles leaking but I do like the above bottles.

My post was in reference to 250 ml bottles that I transfer my pg/vg into from the large bottles they come in, guess I should have been more specific in my original post.

I've been leery of the two condiment type bottles I bought at Michael's, but so far they haven't popped a top in over 4 months of using them and I've squeezed pretty hard, especially with the one containing VG.

It probably has to do with the type of plastic they are made of. Some are pretty soft and pliable.

The bottles I posted have lots of good reviews from DIY ecig people.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I've been leery of the two condiment type bottles I bought at Michael's, but so far they haven't popped a top in over 4 months of using them and I've squeezed pretty hard, especially with the one containing VG.

It probably has to do with the type of plastic they are made of. Some are pretty soft and pliable.

The bottles I posted have lots of good reviews from DIY ecig people.
I have a dozen of these. I also have a condiment bottle the I have pg in. It hasn't leaked so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
After cleaning up the mess...........Head to a hardware store, find the plumbing section and pick up a roll of "Thread Seal Tape". It's a thin white tape about a 1/4" wide but without a sticky side.

The tape you speak of is called teflon tape which is what plumbers use on pipe thread. I'm not so sure how safe that is if it comes in contact with juice.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The tape you speak of is called teflon tape which is what plumbers use on pipe thread. I'm not so sure how safe that is if it comes in contact with juice.

It's fine. It's used on pipe threads on potable water pipes and food handling systems all the time.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal

My 250s and 500s always leak a bit from the twist top, but I've yet to have one leak from the threads. If I ever do, Teflon tape will be my first fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread