DIY Flavoring Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Have you tried NF Strawberry? I like it:)
I have not tried yet. Still steeping the strawberry mixes. So far I found I have allergies to Jungle flavorz and cannot vape it. I never experienced a asthma attack from a flavoring. This is a first for me. I can vape capelas with zero problems. After the asthma attack I don't want to try anymore Strawberry flavors. I think I will buy it instead. Apple flavorings give me mouth ulcers so I must have a problem with fruits. IDK I usually just use as a adjunct to a main flavoring.

smelly

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Central, FL USA
Hey all,
NN nicotine solutions are good but they do have that familiar flavor and odor. The worst nic I've tried was... well PM me if you want that info. Or maybe I should just say it. I don't know... but anyway. NN nic is good but it does still have that aroma/flavor. Wizardlabs is also very good. I have a whole bunch of both and they are very similar. In a blind test I cannot tell difference.

I have a question about VG. It feels kind of like a newb question but I'm at my wits end here. You know that sort of dark flavor that VG has? Well I want to make it disappear without diluting the VG - how? :) The most success I've had requires diluting the VG down with substantial amounts of DW and PGA before I use it for mixing - but then my clouds aren't big enough and juice is runnier than I prefer. Really good high VG juices I purchase from others do not have this VG flavor but their "thickness" is still there. So again - how? Anyone really know? Do I just need to give up on using low percentages and start using more flavoring so it masks the VG taste?

Desert Willow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Bullhead City, AZ
I have a question about VG. It feels kind of like a newb question but I'm at my wits end here. You know that sort of dark flavor that VG has? Well I want to make it disappear without diluting the VG - how? :) The most success I've had requires diluting the VG down with substantial amounts of DW and PGA before I use it for mixing - but then my clouds aren't big enough and juice is runnier than I prefer. Really good high VG juices I purchase from others do not have this VG flavor but their "thickness" is still there. So again - how? Anyone really know? Do I just need to give up on using low percentages and start using more flavoring so it masks the VG taste?

This was mentioned in a thread I read quite awhile back. Many reported bad experiences when using VG purchased from walmart. Where do you get your VG?

I vape all VG but I never noticed a flavor from my mix... or perhaps I am just used to it. I use VG from essential depot right now, but my next purchase will be organic non-GMO certified, so I am open to recommendations.

smelly

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Central, FL USA
Wow... Guys... & gals... I'm an idiot. My VG had gone bad. I pulled out a small bottle from Wizard Labs that I've never opened. Everything tastes fine now. I'm an idiot. I guess over time I was using a slowly degrading batch and taste buds just went along with it until the difference was large enough for me to realize something was off. Man... I'm duuumb.

My essential depot order arrived today though so cool - more VG!

cacooke

Feb 28, 2014
Franklin NC
I would very much like to make a "Liqua Cuban Cigar tobacco" clone. The only "CUBAN" flavor I have is TFA "Cubano Flavor". The only test I have done on this flavor got me what tastes like stewed okra to me. If your from the south you will know what I mean :) . I have many other tobacco flavors though. Any hints or ideas on where to start?

TIA

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
Wow... Guys... & gals... I'm an idiot. My VG had gone bad. I pulled out a small bottle from Wizard Labs that I've never opened. Everything tastes fine now. I'm an idiot. I guess over time I was using a slowly degrading batch and taste buds just went along with it until the difference was large enough for me to realize something was off. Man... I'm duuumb.

My essential depot order arrived today though so cool - more VG!

How old was it, seems odd, shelf life is supposed to be around 2 years, so IDK.
My PG has kind of a bitter taste, so I'm gonna try a different brand next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread