Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Over the years that I've been here I just started saving information found on the site so I didn't have to go back and search.

Lately a lot of people have started DIY and I've been passing them links and thought it may be good to keep it all in one place.

The attached and downloadable file is a PDF with clickable links. I believe all are updated and accurate. If you have information I should add (or fix) I will update the file and post updates (not sure for how long).

And BrotherBob, I used your information on getting started, page two so thank you.

The document is four pages.

Attachments

• DIY information.pdf
    156.2 KB · Views: 2,514

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
If you are just getting started get some PG, VG, and nic and use it to dilute e liquid you already like by 50-75%. When you have confidence doing that get an all-in-one flavoring and flavor with that instead of pre mix. I delayed DIY for months because I believed I needed to learn pages and pages of stuff. A gallon each of PG and VG and a liter of 100mg nic should cost $100. That's enough to last me 4 years at 7 ml of liquid per day with 10mg nic.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Updated

Added Hoosiers and danny45's blog links. Danny45 has additional mixing links and dives deeper into the details at a component level for DIY. I used his blog a ton when I started and it was a huge help.

These are great additions, I was having issues finding the blogs :( I couldn't remember that danny had a 45 at the end of his username and his blog didn't come up in the search by name or I was just screwing up.

Sorry for the delay gentlemen.

Also added some information on:

Liquid Extraction From tobacco
Whole Tobacco Alkaloid eliquid’s (WTA) - Aroma juice
ECF Thread on WTA
Long Term Nicotine Storage
Nicotine Comparisons ECF thread - Long)

Attachments

• DIY information.pdf
    152.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Updated

I'm just gathering the links and keeping them together. BrotherBob has provided a lot of great information in this attachment.

I would be happy to add any information posted or sent to me in a PM if you have something you think should be added. Please let me know if there are corrections or dead links.

Attachments

• DIY information.pdf
    435.4 KB · Views: 119

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Thank you, I appreciate the time and effort you put into preparing this for us.
Since I've just gotten started in the steeping process and found it to be helpful possibly it would be nice if you put a little information about this. I've seen a lot of people saying there is no flavor.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's a good thought, Carl12, and I too appreciate your hard work, Marc411 :)

I'm thinking an overview of steeping methods and *approximate* times might be helpful, though in some ways everyone's a bit different on that, but including it and the purpose for it might help some folks who may think shake and vape is the way to go and then end up overflavored....

Anna

Updated

I'm just gathering the links and keeping them together. BrotherBob has provided a lot of great information in this attachment.

I would be happy to add any information posted or sent to me in a PM if you have something you think should be added. Please let me know if there are corrections or dead links.

Thank you. Much appreciated!

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Marc411
Thank you very much, I see that Dannyv45 is in there with a crockpot, been there since 2014.
I used a crock pot when I first started DIY to find recipes I liked faster. Once I found a few that I liked I mixed batches of them and speed steeped some, and mixed other big batches of them and just let them age naturally while I vaped the speed steeped stuff. Once you get over the initial hurdle of getting something to vape and some stuff steeping the speed steeping becomes unnecessary. I haven't used the crockpot in a year. I have 2 - 3 liters being vaped/steeped and the stuff I am vaping was mixed between January and June. I have mixed 6x100 ml the past 30 days and have everything pulled out to mix up another 400ml this week. The stuff I mix this week likely will not get vaped until early 2018.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Great point Fozzy, I'm like you I mix enough to get a month of cabinet steeping done long before I need it. Once you know what you like mixing larger batches takes care of the need to speed steep.

I did recently speed steep a couple recipes for friends on my electric stirrer and hot plate which works pretty well.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I say water bath rather than speed steep but I have found that using less flavoring in a DIY mix I get much more flavor than I had before. My last mix was a Turkish tobacco steeped at 130 F for six hours using less flavoring than I had previously. Very easy to tell it was a stronger flavor. I'm comparing this to a Turkish mixture that was mixed and put into a fridg. Maybe left in there a few months. At this time I'm amazed at the results, I should try both methods in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread