• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DIY juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
Tried asking once at a small pharmacy for a 16G needle.. Their eyes went big! Lol
Anyway forgot undate on my DIY.. It's like this;

VG 50%
PG 36%
Flavor1 7%
Flavor2 7%

Usually we will go something like this:
50/50 PG/VG
7% Flavor1
5% Flavor2

This way it's easier for us to read and interpret. For example, this i would read it as a half-half mixture of PG VG, with 7% of flavor 1. Simply said, for thicker vapes they would push to 80/20 VG/PG as base and the rest as flavoring.

E Liquid Recipe Calculator

Refer to the link for a clearer picture and understand the language there.

It's fun to DIY, gotta have patience and that little curiosity to tweak and tweak!

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Ya I took the flavorings as PG based, as they are watery, hence I consider them into the pg percentage..
I saw a YouTuber 'Amsterdamvape', on DIYing, seems easy enough for me to understand:)
50/50 is simple terms, but when you add in the flavorings and/or the nic, then the ratio no longer stand as correct no? Especially when you adds up the total ml you are making

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
Ya I took the flavorings as PG based, as they are watery, hence I consider them into the pg percentage..
I saw a YouTuber 'Amsterdamvape', on DIYing, seems easy enough for me to understand:)
50/50 is simple terms, but when you add in the flavorings and/or the nic, then the ratio no longer stand as correct no? Especially when you adds up the total ml you are making
We normally assume it's PG-based flavouring. And even so, following the percentiles it's already accounted for the total proportion of PG in the liquid.

cloudysheep

Account closed on request
Oct 5, 2015
behind you
hi.. sorry if this is a noob question.. i notice pharmacy doesnt sell syringes with needles.. tried wats.. and guardi... is there any places to get those with needles?
nope. pharmacies dont sell needles anymore to prevent drug abuse, they only have the tiny ones mainly for diabetics to use.... i went hunting before....

on a side note.... youll probably need blunt tip needles...... you know.... the kind that they use for administering medication to pets......

Reactions: vaporado

vaporado

Sep 25, 2015
In Da Clouds
nope. pharmacies dont sell needles anymore to prevent drug abuse, they only have the tiny ones mainly for diabetics to use.... i went hunting before....

on a side note.... youll probably need blunt tip needles...... you know.... the kind that they use for administering medication to pets......
kambing know pets well.. so they poke you too? so so.. where to get

Reactions: KenshinAdryan

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
like @plumeofred I use weighing method, its much simpler and you don't have to do much cleaning after.
As to needles, most of them are stashed in the back. (I still have quite a fair bit that I don't really use any more)
Also use a calculator like e-juice me up, after awhile you'll realise or actually find your favourite balance. Also 50/50 tend to bring out a lot of bitterness aftertaste, try 60/40 or 70/30 VG/PG instead.

Reactions: ezjayy

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
You mean putting the empty bottle on scale and drip and weigh? But does VG, being 'thicker', weights more?
Anyhow how does y'all store the liquids like pg vg flavors? In plastic bottles or transfer to glass? How long can they last also? Thinking of getting some more for mid term storage..

Yup, you have to account for the varying densities.

Water 1 ml = 1 gram
PG 1 ml = 1.04 gram
VG 1 ml = 1.26 gram ( may vary depending on water content )

0.04 grams per ml in PG doesn't really matter when mixing.

Mixin by weight with VG you do need to keep the higher density in mind.
Flavours are almost always PG-based, so they don't matter either.

Spending 15 bucks on a digital precision scale was one of my smarter investments :)

ReapersCreepers

Verified Member
Nov 24, 2015
sting your recipes next time in terms of %? It's easier for us to decipher the proportions and perhaps understand a little more about your j
Pardon me, but may I ask, for the PG, u guys just use PH flavoring as it contains PG? Or did u guys get the actual PG locally?

I'm currently at PH and found VG.. But I doubt they have VG.. So if u guys get PG locally, may I know where u guys got it?

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Pardon me, but may I ask, for the PG, u guys just use PH flavoring as it contains PG? Or did u guys get the actual PG locally?

I'm currently at PH and found VG.. But I doubt they have VG.. So if u guys get PG locally, may I know where u guys got it?
You found VG but doubt they have VG?, for me PG I use whatever comes with the flavourings, and VG separately.

ReapersCreepers

Verified Member
Nov 24, 2015
You found VG but doubt they have VG?, for me PG I use whatever comes with the flavourings, and VG separately.
Sorry.. I meant I found VG but doubt they have PG.. All the Gs are making me blur.. Lol..

If u use PG from whatever flavouring u find that contains PG, then if u wanna make a 70/30 VG/PG, u add 30% flavouring? Won't that be too much flavouring?

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Sorry.. I meant I found VG but doubt they have PG.. All the Gs are making me blur.. Lol..

If u use PG from whatever flavouring u find that contains PG, then if u wanna make a 70/30 VG/PG, u add 30% flavouring? Won't that be too much flavouring?
Hahaha, as for your question, I think there are calculators out there that should be able to give you a proper mix level.

If not, we will have to wait for the diy veterans to reply here, because i usually just agak agak only

ReapersCreepers

Verified Member
Nov 24, 2015
Hahaha, as for your question, I think there are calculators out there that should be able to give you a proper mix level.

If not, we will have to wait for the diy veterans to reply here, because i usually just agak agak only
Haha okay.. No problem..

I saw s shop is selling USP PG and also VG.. I guess I will just get both from there.. Solve the problem.. It's cheaper some more..

Last edited:

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Haha okay.. No problem..

I saw singapore soap is selling USP PG and also VG.. I guess I will just get both from there.. Solve the problem.. It's cheaper some more..
Now now, you may wanna edit your post.. I don't think it's acceptable to post sources openly etc

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Oops.. Done.. But i actually found that shop bcos Google actually found a lot of people mentioning s shop in ECF.. Lol..
Lol, that's why they say Google is your friend around here a lot.. Well, I think just to err on the safe side, better to just keep to googling then posting it openly here la

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread