DIY kits ?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by izdalion, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. izdalion

izdalion Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

DIY Kits for newbs :)
    Who has them?
    Are they worth it?
    and
    Who has the best price and/or most for the right price?

So I am leaning towards DIY as you can tell LOL Why? Because Ima a juice junkie ;) But really if what I hear is true it is definitely worth it. I do plan to make my own and also still buy my fav juices from my fav vendors. I just need a way to save as much cash as I ca as are we all.
    Now I have only seen 2 DIY Kits myself from a few vendors but if there are more out there I would love to know. Or if there is a better solution then getting a Kit that would also be a plus.
    Thanks all and as always I appreciate the help in advance :D :vapor:

2. ninfreak

ninfreak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

3. Eddie.Willers

Eddie.Willers ECF Wiki SysOp Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    +1 to ninfreak
    VG, PG, nic base, flavorings are the basic ingredients. Add to this some pippettes (for accurate measurement), a small funnel (to decant into bottles) and, perhaps, something to mix in. 15mL and 30mL bottles are also handy for liquid batches.
    Good to go!

:vapor:

4. ninfreak

ninfreak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

lol thats too much eddie... all i need is a needle and bottles... all that other stuff is pretty useless. i do have pipetts to measure something that only needs a drop or 2 that doesn't come in a dropper bottle

5. lightbeast

lightbeast Senior Member ECF Veteran

6. N rustica

N rustica Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

any youtube videos?

7. Iffy

Iffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    My minimal requirements:

nic
    VG
    PG
    flavors
    e-Juice Me up calculator
    20ml syringe
    5ml syringe
    1ml syringe
    30ml bottles
    5ml bottles (for test samples)
    120ml bottle (for bulk base)
    100ml graduated glass cylinder (for bulk base mixing)

Of course I have more DIY equipment [​IMG], but the list is what I actually use 98% of the time.

I mix 100ml of base (nic/PG/VG) and put that into a 120ml bottle that has a flip-top cap. I use 5ml bottles for test samples. Most of my mixes are 30ml, sometimes 60ml. Note that I do not use needles, pipettes or funnels; no need fer 'em.

Ya don't have to spend a fortune buying kits that have items ya probably won't use.

If you'd like, I can send ya 120ml each of PG and VG, plus a couple of 20ml syringes (sans needles) to 'seed' your new venture. PM if interested.

Good luck! [​IMG]

8. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Great advice here, the only info I would add. Buy more bottles (double) than you think you need and 14 gauge needles if working with VG, 16 gauge for PG

9. izdalion

Super Super advice everyone Keep them coming. I knew Kits would be kinda a waste but I figured as a noob I couldn't go wrong. But with the info you guys are providing me I might turn the other way :) You guys are awesome as always :vapor:
    Keep the ideas coming

10. christhomaswynn

christhomaswynn Senior Member ECF Veteran

Kits tend to be overpriced and from what I understand the flavorings are just so so. I used ecigexpress for pg/vg, nic juice and flavorings. I got the tasty puff flavoring and they were ok but I think I'll be using the lorann flavorings from now on. They are super strong and they will last you a lot longer. Other than that all you need is a couple of syringes and dropper bottles.

11. panachronic

panachronic Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have seen a few of these kits here and there. I've not seen one that was complete, or even one that seemed all that useful. I get the impression they are often put together by people who have never DIYed.

12. izdalion

Note: My mix right now is 70PG/30VG at 18mg on premixed and I am very accustomed to that.
    With that said when buying nic I am better off going at a higher nic level and cutting it, Right? Because as I understand it the higher the nic the more you get out of the bottle after cutting for a base.
    Do I go VG nic or PG Nic?
    I was leaning towards PG nic because it would cut the VG but not sure :unsure:

13. AzPlumber

The type of nic base used is a personal preference but generally if your finished liquid ratio is higher in pg use a pg nic base, if your finished liquid ratio is higher in vg use a vg nic base.

eta: Sometimes high nic base (100) is cheaper and sometimes 48 or 60 is, just depends on the supplier. Remember when cutting nic base you also need to buy pg or vg.

14. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

DIY kits are an ok way to get you started. But as you get into it, you will find that many of the supplies can be found cheaper elsewhere, even locally. You can buy VG at Wal Mart, VG at Tractor Supply stores, as well as syringes and needles, in some states. The only things I need to buy on line is the nic liquid and flavorings.

15. SuperLuckyLady

SuperLuckyLady Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Please read up about handling nicotine, and add some protective equipment. At a minimum, some disposable gloves and a work tray to catch spills.

16. izdalion

Great advice Morgan and believe me I plan on it. I have 2 lil' ones that I need to protect :) and me ofcourse LOL

17. izdalion

OK so here's my plan at the moment everyone
    100mg PG nic base
    PG Base
    VG Base
    70/30 pg/vg ratio
    18mg base line nic level
    and flavoring hmmm.... no idea
    I hear FlavorArt is awesome

18. SuperLuckyLady

SuperLuckyLady Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The only flavorings I've used are capellas. And they are awesome. Not the cheapest though. So far, I've mainly mixed up one flavor juices, and I am very happy already!

19. izdalion

Yea I hear great things about capellas to but price is a problem. I'm just afraid of trial and error. I know it's all subjected but I really hate doing it LOL Name of the game I guess.
    What I've been dying for is a awesome Banana Fosters like Ms.T's if I could make that then I'd be set for life :D

20. AzPlumber

Each flavor brand has its pros & cons but great juice can be had by each one. Just depends on the type of juice you are looking to make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.