DIY Master Techniques - Flavor Add-on's (EM, VW, BW, MTS, ACV, ect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.vapyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2010
Houston, Texas
FYI - 2-Acetyl Pyrazine- Colorless to pale yellow crystals or liquid with a sweet popcorn like odor. Used as a flavoring agent. Skin and eye irritant. When heated to decomposition emits toxic fumes. GRAS.

My short and sweet opinions on what i use

EM - MUST have . Goes in a lot of my juices .Not a normal sweetner . Brings richness and moistness to the table
Vinegar - best in tobacco mixes to enhance flavor or used to make sweet flavors more bitter .
Tart and sour - iuse this on lots of juices as well . The key to tart fruits and a little adds sweetness to bakery juices
Sucralose - EZsweetz work best and i use sweeteners on occasion to really bring a lot of sweetness to bland flavors .
Vape wizard - I dont use this . Iv never been able to do a damn thing with it . It is a tobacco itself however and i dont normally do tobacco juices
Bitter wizard - Does what it say , makes bitter . I like sweet juices so its really not for me .
Acetyl Pyrazine - I use this molecule on some of my juices to really enhance cakes and cookies big time . Graham crackers are gold with this molecule .

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Yes I add mts VW into my calcs at half to one percent. The lemon juice that is being discussed comes in the plastic lemon and can be used right out of the original container or put in a dropper bottle. Using it with EM would be a personal choice but i don't see why you couldn't. Instead of the lj I use tart & sour or citric acid and have used them with EM.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Anyone ever add salt (NaCl) to their juice? I haven't experimented with additives, but since salt is used in flavoring of almost everything else I find it conspicuously absent from this list.

I wouldn't dare put salt in a cartomizer or atomizer for one reason. Salt never evaporates. I learned this as aquarist. If you add salt to a freshwater tank (a little actually helps the fish) the only way to get it out is to do a water change. In short, salt would just clog up your equipment and the more juice you have that has salt in it, the worse the problem would get. On the bright side you could wash it out but there's also the factor that it could wreak havoc as far as corrosion goes.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I wouldn't dare put salt in a cartomizer or atomizer for one reason. Salt never evaporates. I learned this as aquarist. If you add salt to a freshwater tank (a little actually helps the fish) the only way to get it out is to do a water change. In short, salt would just clog up your equipment and the more juice you have that has salt in it, the worse the problem would get. On the bright side you could wash it out but there's also the factor that it could wreak havoc as far as corrosion goes.

I never thought about it from that direction, was just thinking that simple Na+ & Cl- ions shouldn't be so different from anything else, but obviously they are. Figuring out why will probably occupy the geek part of my brain for awhile.

I also keep fish, have multiple tanks just like I have multiple PVs, and I can be just as obsessive about it. My big thing is growing aquarium flora, have a green thumb in the water that is totally lacking on dry land.

micksf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
San Fran
Regarding adding moisture to your mix...

From mwa102464...
Try adding 1-2% EM to your mixes

from AzPlumber...
A few things to try. EM as mentioned above, TPA Sweetener or TPA Marshmellow. If you are mixing a fruit flavor a little sweetener and loranns tart & sour might help. All of these at very low %'s will help.

1 to 2 % is a good starting point and probably works for most. Some might need a bit more but going too high will give it an off taste.

from shilohcalista...
Agree on the EM and also let them steep for a few days.

from the original thread...
www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/277816-diy-tastes-dry.html

Last edited:
Reactions: iamoldskool

micksf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
San Fran
from shilohcalista...

Tart & Sour is an additive that can be used in any mix to make a flavor pop-- particularly fruits but can be used with any category of flavor.

from AzPlumber...

Just as Shiloh has said it works great on the fruit flavors. At 1 or 2 drops per 5ml it will brighten the flavor and higher %'s will give you a jolly rancher effect.

from the original thread...
www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/277248-loranns-tart-sour.html

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
Anyone ever add salt (NaCl) to their juice? I haven't experimented with additives, but since salt is used in flavoring of almost everything else I find it conspicuously absent from this list.

I have use preservative free NaCl in my DIY for 3 years with out problems. I mix like I cook. When you bake, a salt lifts the chocolates, vanillas and adds depth. NaCl does the same. I have 510,901 and 801 attys that are older than a year and I use tanks with Boge and DC cartos without a problem. When a mix seems perfect except it seems to be "just missing something" it is the salt. My experience has been the opposite of your assumptions about NaCl. This can be purchased at any medical supply or pharmacy and I use generally a dropper 5mls for bakery/sweets and higher for choc coveed petzels or other salt needed mixes. Pie crust is not pie crust without salt IMHO.:2c:

ETA: NaCl is in every respiratory treatment and Ihave never seen residue on the nebulizer tubing or the ventimasks either.That seems to give an answer about whether it is safe for inhalation.

Last edited:

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I have use preservative free NaCl in my DIY for 3 years with out problems. I mix like I cook. When you bake, a salt lifts the chocolates, vanillas and adds depth. NaCl does the same. I have 510,901 and 801 attys that are older than a year and I use tanks with Boge and DC cartos without a problem. When a mix seems perfect except it seems to be "just missing something" it is the salt. My experience has been the opposite of your assumptions about NaCl. This can be purchased at any medical supply or pharmacy and I use generally a dropper 5mls for bakery/sweets and higher for choc coveed petzels or other salt needed mixes. Pie crust is not pie crust without salt IMHO.:2c:

ETA: NaCl is in every respiratory treatment and Ihave never seen residue on the nebulizer tubing or the ventimasks either.That seems to give an answer about whether it is safe for inhalation.

BG, does this come in a liquid or granules that you dilute in pg.

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
liquid. It can come in syringes wrapped in sterile wrap or in a bottle with a rubber draw spot. Lifts flavors of bakery, sweets, chocolates and seems to do what it does in a good cookie, lift the undertones. Makes the e-liquid more dimensional. Salt....ie: sodium chloride also is a wetting agent. Moisturizes the mouth and makes saliva as well. Good for VG vapors and good for your lungs, Win=win..............I have never seen anyone post about it,I have always done it as I mix like I cook and bake. I have used pure organic sea salt diluted in PG and it worked just as well but is hard to calibrate the saltiness, add a drop at a time, no steeping needed after adding to mix, salt dissolves in PG very well. Did I invent something? LOL

lancec50

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Indianapolis
liquid. It can come in syringes wrapped in sterile wrap or in a bottle with a rubber draw spot. Lifts flavors of bakery, sweets, chocolates and seems to do what it does in a good cookie, lift the undertones. Makes the e-liquid more dimensional. Salt....ie: sodium chloride also is a wetting agent. Moisturizes the mouth and makes saliva as well. Good for VG vapors and good for your lungs, Win=win..............I have never seen anyone post about it,I have always done it as I mix like I cook and bake. I have used pure organic sea salt diluted in PG and it worked just as well but is hard to calibrate the saltiness, add a drop at a time, no steeping needed after adding to mix, salt dissolves in PG very well. Did I invent something? LOL

So would kosher salt work fine diluted in PG? Do you think about a teaspoon of salt to 10ml of PG be a proper dilution amount? I am wanting to try this out. I have always wondered if it would work. Salt is needed to bring flavors alive in baking. How many drops do you add per 10ml of juice?

AOKP running on the Gnex.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread