DIY Master Techniques - Flavor Add-on's (EM, VW, BW, MTS, ACV, ect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
OK for all the men that are on the fence about this. IF your self concious about this wear a tea shirt over your bra. And if people laugh just think to your self "let them laugh but in the end I'll be the one with all the perfectly steeped juice" :) Just think in the 60's woman were burning there bras. If they new how well bra's steeped juice this never would have happened and history would have been changed:)

Last edited:

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Not allowed

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Everyone left

Still here what do you want to know?

lets start with

.5% sweetener
.5% EM
1 - 2 % AP

I find ACV and lemon work good at first then mute flavor in the long run.

I don't believe in using those flavor blenders like vape wizard because they fade flavor as well.

I don't care what people say about steeping not working IT DOES WORK.

You can steep naturally, use heat, Seed steep or use an ultrasonic cleaner.

over flavoring is the number one reason you don't taste anything or it taste like perfume.

Burnt taste is usually a burnt dirty coil or to much power.

To much harshness could be bad NIC or to much NIC or to much heat

That's all I have for now.

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
Anyone try milk frothers

Yes, and they do work, finding a good vessel is not easy though.
However, this is not a speed steeping method, just a thorough mixing method.
You will turn your juice into a super froth, let it sit or heat it a bit and it will settle back down
So, if you want a super stir, that will work.

I have not found a reason to really continue using it though.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Yes, and they do work, finding a good vessel is not easy though.
However, this is not a speed steeping method, just a thorough mixing method.
You will turn your juice into a super froth, let it sit or heat it a bit and it will settle back down
So, if you want a super stir, that will work.

I have not found a reason to really continue using it though.

I have a cheap $5 Ikea model (bought from Ebay) which is useful for mixing flavoring into base before I pour it into bottles. Just a few seconds is all I do, though. I figured it was more efficient than a teaspoon LOL

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
I have a cheap $5 Ikea model (bought from Ebay) which is useful for mixing flavoring into base before I pour it into bottles. Just a few seconds is all I do, though. I figured it was more efficient than a teaspoon LOL

It is actually. And after thinking about this a bit. I may go back to using it. There are some ideas I want to revisit. And really it is the most efficient way to seriously mix a juice. Thanks for the reminder.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I m curious about the too much heat=harshness??? I ve noticed some of my juices get harsh after a week first three days its good then for a week it gets harsh then tends to mellow out but its usually gone by then.

To much heat and you'll notice the harshness right away. After a while the coil starts to get deposits on the coil so the coil does not get as hot as when new or first used. So the vape should mellow out. But if you say the vape starts off mellow then gets harsh then I have to wonder if your getting a burnt taste from to much sweetener or somthing else gunking up the coil and not really a harshness.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I believe a froth followed by a hot tap water steep work great for juices you want to vape asap I have a question though for everyone have you ever had a juice that never stopped getting darker? I have some jamaican ten speed thats almost black now it taste great but its really syrupy and very very dark

I've had that with a few very sweet RY4 mixes I've made. They were very good for the first few months but after a year of just sitting around not being vaped they were so over poweringly sweet, dark and syrupy I tossed them.

Last edited:
I've recently made a batch of juices that all seem to have a bit of a tang to them. Wondering if it could be a bad batch of VG. What is VG supposed to taste like? Or maybe its my PG? I just want to eliminate the possibility of bad bases before i go messing with my flavor percentages and end up wasting a bunch of time. Anyone know a good way to determine if your bases are good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread