DIY Master Techniques - Flavor Add-on's (EM, VW, BW, MTS, ACV, ect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
I have use preservative free NaCl in my DIY for 3 years with out problems. I mix like I cook. When you bake, a salt lifts the chocolates, vanillas and adds depth. NaCl does the same. I have 510,901 and 801 attys that are older than a year and I use tanks with Boge and DC cartos without a problem. When a mix seems perfect except it seems to be "just missing something" it is the salt. My experience has been the opposite of your assumptions about NaCl. This can be purchased at any medical supply or pharmacy and I use generally a dropper 5mls for bakery/sweets and higher for choc coveed petzels or other salt needed mixes. Pie crust is not pie crust without salt IMHO.:2c:

ETA: NaCl is in every respiratory treatment and Ihave never seen residue on the nebulizer tubing or the ventimasks either.That seems to give an answer about whether it is safe for inhalation.

Bonniegirl... Thanks for posting your knowledge and experience with salt. Much appreciated.

Please help me obtain what you use. I have no idea what to ask for or where to look in Walgreen's for the salt you use. Name brand? Package size? I'm just totally lost.

Also, a recommendation on a dosage starting point please? For a 10ml batch, how many drops to start?

Thank you!

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
About the Salt. If you are going to use it, use the NaCl 0.05% that you get from a pharmacy. Don't go mixing iodized salt, table salt, rock salt or kosher salt. The Sodium Chloride from a pharmacy is the same liquid that has been used for decades in Respiratory Therapy treatments and is perfectly safe.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
My short and sweet opinions on what i use

EM - MUST have . Goes in a lot of my juices .Not a normal sweetner . Brings richness and moistness to the table
Vinegar - best in tobacco mixes to enhance flavor or used to make sweet flavors more bitter .
Tart and sour - iuse this on lots of juices as well . The key to tart fruits and a little adds sweetness to bakery juices
Sucralose - EZsweetz work best and i use sweeteners on occasion to really bring a lot of sweetness to bland flavors .
Vape wizard - I dont use this . Iv never been able to do a damn thing with it . It is a tobacco itself however and i dont normally do tobacco juices
Bitter wizard - Does what it say , makes bitter . I like sweet juices so its really not for me .
Acetyl Pyrazine - I use this molecule on some of my juices to really enhance cakes and cookies big time . Graham crackers are gold with this molecule .

i use AP in one of my only tobacco juices (which the flavoring for is no longer available :( ) its a 555 called State Express. its non-sweet, dryish and "extra" nutty. tastes much like halo prime, especially when you add a few drops of AP. so if you guys enjoy a dry-ish, robust, nuttier 555, AP might be for you.

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
From pinellaspete... Regarding - Throat Hit

Start with adding some Vodka of at least 100 proof or above. Add 2 drops per 5ml to start with. You can always add more if needed. Don't worry, it won't taste like Vodka at these levels.

From Mr. P....

The only way to get a good TH is to go 100% PG with a mint or cinnamon type flavor. Other then that nothing will give it you without PGA.

from the original thread....

www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/272451-throat-hit-zero-nic.html

also- citrus flavors will add TH. FW Ecto Cooler is one that i can vape at 0mg. i need at least a tiny TH in my juices. most of the time, im looking for huge TH, but at 0mg, you cant expect much. and EC is nice for a 0mg tiny TH jucie.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
With tthe Lemon Juice, are you referring to the yellow odd shaped bottle at the store? Do you just pour it in a bottle, then add it to your mixes? Is there a specifici type? Is it ok to use with say a tiny % of EM (for body/moistness)? Of course all flavors are different, but generally speaking.

i am sketched out by the little lemon shaped bottle regarding vaping it. it clearly lists oil. but no one seems to be worried about that so maybe i should be either?
check this article out:
ReaLemon® Juice: Real or Fake?

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
i am sketched out by the little lemon shaped bottle regarding vaping it. it clearly lists oil. but no one seems to be worried about that so maybe i should be either?
check this article out:
ReaLemon® Juice: Real or Fake?

I added the plastic lemon bottle stuff to my recent batch of Mandarin/Lemon/Lime. Five drops in a 30 mL batch. I wasn't able to detect any difference.

I'm waiting on my ECX Malic Acid to come in the mail. I think I'll be using that from now on.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I've got some salt for a netty pot, pure NaCl. Haven't made solution yet, but I plan on dissolving it in distiller water in a beaker. I figure if I dissolve it while its in a hot water bath I can get it saturated. After it cools to room temp I'll pull enough liquid off the top to fill a bottle and toss remaining liquid and crystals. I don't know what percentage it will be, but the bottle will be big enough to last so I can get repeatable results.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Is dissolving salt to use in a PV a good idea? Most use the rubber stopped bottles used with syringes bought at a Pharmacy. That is .05%. Do you think it might be a bit much, what your planning on?

I've got some salt for a netty pot, pure NaCl. Haven't made solution yet, but I plan on dissolving it in distiller water in a beaker. I figure if I dissolve it while its in a hot water bath I can get it saturated. After it cools to room temp I'll pull enough liquid off the top to fill a bottle and toss remaining liquid and crystals. I don't know what percentage it will be, but the bottle will be big enough to last so I can get repeatable results.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I haven't been able to find the solution you mention, I've seen others mention it too. It looks like 35.9g/100ml is a saturated solution (100%). From there I can dilute it down. 0.05% seems really low to me, I wonder if they meant 0.05 solution or 5%? Either of those would make more sense to me. I'll keep a bottle of saturated so I only have to do it once. 5% seems like a good starting point.

d9mel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Spa City
Hey guys, most basic isotonic saline solutions (IV fluid, line flushes)that are intended for human use will have a base NaCl concentration ranging from 0.9%-0.5% to align with the NaCl concentration of blood, IV fluid can also carry dextrose, potassium and other molecules. Might not sound like alot, but it is what it is.

you might want to do some quick research on the molecular lifestyle of salt. Im gonna pass on us sing it in my juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread