DIY Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinQuaNon

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Brisbane
Hi
just recieved my Nude Nicotine starter kit!
is there anyone here who has used it and could guide me through making some juices wih it?
This is the contents of the kit,

36mg Nicotine base in PG/VG
PG unflavoured bottle
VG unflavoured bottle
10% Ethyl Maltol
10% Sucralose
Flavor #1: Blueberry Mojito
Flavor #2: Minty Menthol
Flavor #3: OMFG It’s Chocolate
cheers
Anthony

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Sinquanon
What you've purchased is kind of like buying a paint by numbers kit instead of buying quality paints and a blank canvas. What you really have is a MIY (mix it yourself) instead of a DIY. Unless you decide you really like their flavors you are probably better off next time to purchase the real flavor concentrates themselves (see Bull City Flavors for the various makers and flavors available) and follow established recipes (see E Liquid Recipes for an example of what you can make). There are many suppliers including the makers themselves and more than one recipe website.

Back to what you've got. You can use the E Liquid Recipe web site to figure this out yourself. Click on their Create a Recipe and that will bring up a page that starts with you naming what you are about to create. Most of what you need to fill in is pretty self explanatory. The desired strength is how much nic you want in your final juice in terms of mg/ml. Leave the Water/Vodka/PGA at 0%. Set your PG & VG at whatever ratio you want, it comes up suggesting a 30/70 ratio. Your nic strength will be set at 36 mg/ml. The next PG & VG is set to the ratio of PG/VG you ordered as the base to the nic (you don't state what it is in your list but it should state it on the bottle or as part of your order).

Next you click on Add a Flavor. Those 3 flavors you've chosen are not made to be mixed with other flavors (this is the big difference to buying the real concentrates themselves as these have been pre-mixed for you) so you can only add just one flavor. As to the % strength you want to then go to Nude Nic's website and that flavor's page and look to see what they recommend. For instance your Mojito is suggested to go from 2.5% to 7.5% and you will have to start by just guessing what you may like within this range. Trial and error in other words. Then down below you will see the recipe in both ml's and gram's depending on which you'll use to measure your components.

The components can be mixed together in any order. The ethyl maltol and the sucralose are both sweeteners and can be added trial and error to your taste and you can do this after mixing and testing what you've made. Look them up in the E Liquid Recipe flavor list to see how they are described and normally used. Don't forget to shake well and the importance of giving your creations time to steep properly.

Next time around buy your nic in 100 mg as there's no sense in shipping extra VG/PG as opposed to buying those separately. Pick some likely recipes from E Liquid and buy the flavors necessary to make them and go from there. Registering with E Liquid will allow you to do various useful things including saving your recipes and loading your flavors into your stash and asking what recipes you can make. They also allow you to modify the recipes and save them as private ones.

Good luck with it and have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: SinQuaNon

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I have not used their kit, but have used their flavors.
    I mix the tobaccos at 1.5% and the others at 5%.
    Have never added any EM or sweetener.
    Their flavors are VG/alcohol based, so I let them breath (all caps off) overnight.
    Of those 3 flavors, I've only tried the chocolate, which I found was best with a few weeks steep.
    Most of the fruity flavors can be shake and vape.

SinQuaNon

ECF Veteran
    Jun 3, 2014
    Brisbane
    Hi Sinquanon
    What you've purchased is kind of like buying a paint by numbers kit instead of buying quality paints and a blank canvas. What you really have is a MIY (mix it yourself) instead of a DIY. Unless you decide you really like their flavors you are probably better off next time to purchase the real flavor concentrates themselves (see Bull City Flavors for the various makers and flavors available) and follow established recipes (see E Liquid Recipes for an example of what you can make). There are many suppliers including the makers themselves and more than one recipe website.

Back to what you've got. You can use the E Liquid Recipe web site to figure this out yourself. Click on their Create a Recipe and that will bring up a page that starts with you naming what you are about to create. Most of what you need to fill in is pretty self explanatory. The desired strength is how much nic you want in your final juice in terms of mg/ml. Leave the Water/Vodka/PGA at 0%. Set your PG & VG at whatever ratio you want, it comes up suggesting a 30/70 ratio. Your nic strength will be set at 36 mg/ml. The next PG & VG is set to the ratio of PG/VG you ordered as the base to the nic (you don't state what it is in your list but it should state it on the bottle or as part of your order).

Next you click on Add a Flavor. Those 3 flavors you've chosen are not made to be mixed with other flavors (this is the big difference to buying the real concentrates themselves as these have been pre-mixed for you) so you can only add just one flavor. As to the % strength you want to then go to Nude Nic's website and that flavor's page and look to see what they recommend. For instance your Mojito is suggested to go from 2.5% to 7.5% and you will have to start by just guessing what you may like within this range. Trial and error in other words. Then down below you will see the recipe in both ml's and gram's depending on which you'll use to measure your components.

The components can be mixed together in any order. The ethyl maltol and the sucralose are both sweeteners and can be added trial and error to your taste and you can do this after mixing and testing what you've made. Look them up in the E Liquid Recipe flavor list to see how they are described and normally used. Don't forget to shake well and the importance of giving your creations time to steep properly.

Next time around buy your nic in 100 mg as there's no sense in shipping extra VG/PG as opposed to buying those separately. Pick some likely recipes from E Liquid and buy the flavors necessary to make them and go from there. Registering with E Liquid will allow you to do various useful things including saving your recipes and loading your flavors into your stash and asking what recipes you can make. They also allow you to modify the recipes and save them as private ones.

Good luck with it and have fun.
    perfect information, thankyou so much! I will do that!
    bit worried about handling the 100mg though!

SinQuaNon

ECF Veteran
    Jun 3, 2014
    Brisbane
    I have not used their kit, but have used their flavors.
    I mix the tobaccos at 1.5% and the others at 5%.
    Have never added any EM or sweetener.
    Their flavors are VG/alcohol based, so I let them breath (all caps off) overnight.
    Of those 3 flavors, I've only tried the chocolate, which I found was best with a few weeks steep.
    Most of the fruity flavors can be shake and vape.
    thanks just tried the chocolate after one night of steeping and it is quite nice!

Reactions: puffon

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2016
    perfect information, thankyou so much! I will do that!
    bit worried about handling the 100mg though!

Don't be. Unless you are a complete clutz and would spill it everywhere there is little danger. I've got mine in a 250 ml squeeze bottle with a twist top (that's the way it comes from Vape Wild). No fuss, no mess. If it dribbles I just wipe it up with a paper towel. If you were to get a little on your skin just wash it off, some folks do it on purpose and call it dripping. Gets around those no smoking/no vaping rules, like in airplanes. I don't use gloves nor face protection and see no need for it. I don't know how anyone could make much of a mistake with it in a small squeeze bottle.

Reactions: SinQuaNon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread