DIYFLAVORSHACK contest for Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawnsharks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Austin, TX
Hi! Great looking site! (Journalism degree under my belt, so pardon the red pencil, but you asked...! It's late, so I won't be too long)

Under 'What's in our e-liquid?'

"The Percentage of PG and VG you ask FOR.. We use Different Calculations for each Flavor." The word 'for' is missing, and you have two periods. If you want an elipses, it ought to be three, otherwise a semicolon would work. The next sentence has unnecessary capitalization.
"The Percentage of PG and VG you ask.. We use Different Calculations for each Flavor. Our Most common percentage is 30pg/70vg on flavors. When it comes to the tobaccos we like to use a nice 50/50 blend." "Different", "Calculations", "Flavor", "Most" need not be capitalized. This is a very common mistake, double check the rest of the site for these things.

"Our E-Liquids/E-Juices are clean and pure quality." The word quality does not fit, drop it, or say "Made with pure, high quality ingredients" but that will also require some reworking of the sentence that follows.

Value Menu Samplers description looks like the CAPS LOCK button got stuck when you typed "Limited tIME" and has the same odd capitalization issues.

All pages: "To Order Call: 702-807-7215 Monday-Saturday 10 to 7 Pacific" Monday, Saturday and Pacific are not capitalized.

The About us Page also has erratic capitalization.

"Our E-Liquids/E-Juices contains only the finest ingredients we
could get our hands on." - Mixed tenses and plurality "Our E-Liquids/Juices contain only the finest ingredients we can get our hands on" (Drop the 's' on 'contains' and change 'could' to 'can'.)

Again, I apologize for scrutinizing, but I am detail-oriented. The site looks great, however, I would definitely comb through and look at grammar and capitalization. There are many instances that could use attention. If I had a ton of free time, I would be more than happy to edit the whole thing. I love doing things like this.

I will poke around a little more, and should anything jump out at me that does not fall under the above categories, I will point it out.

Have a wonderful day, and I hope business skyrockets for you!

-Shawn

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
ok, child is asleep for his nap. time to browse the site and point out and errors i see and to try to not post what others already have..

#1, left hand nav bar you still have the html default text for the tables (Nav Menu 1, Nav Menu 2, Nav Menu 3) that could be blanked out if you do not want any text there, or edit to something else.

#2 you have house of flavors listed twice, once at the top that is a clickable link, and again under Nav Menu 3 that is not formatted correctly (runs past the table length) and is not a clickable link.

#3 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - you have caramel DIY VG flavoring (and description says its a DIY flavoring and not a ready to vape liquid) rather than in the diy flavorings section.

#4 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - banana cream, description reads "I love Bananans" at the end. should read "I love Bananas". you have one too many N's in banana.

#5 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Strawberry Champagne does not have a description.

#6 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Irish Cream does not have a description.

#7 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Key Lime description has a misspelling, it reads "Very Storg Lime Flavor" it should read Strong

#8 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Pomegranate does not have a description.

#9 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Vanilla Raspberry does not have a description.

#10 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Watermelon does not have a description.

#11 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Strawberry Bubblegum has the same description as Bubblegum, does not mention strawberry in the description

#12 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Raspberry Bubblegum has the same description as Bubblegum, does not mention Raspberry in the description.

#13 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Cherry Cola has the same description as Kola

#14 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Vanilla Cola does not mention vanilla in the description

#15 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Eggnog has no picture

#16 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Turtles description reads "slow slow down its Tutle Time", maybe only have one slow, and Turtle is misspelled

#17 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Bananas description misspells bananas.. missing the last na

#18 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - VG Cranberry description reads "This Vape is tart but not sour but tantalizing Tart", maybe change to read "This Vape is tantalizing tart but not sour"

#19 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Buttered Popcorn shares part of a description with Caramel popcorn, it should not read its sticky

#20 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Coffee Chocolate Royal shares the same description with Coffee Royal

#21 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Coffee Royal Spice shares the same description with Coffee Royal

#22 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Hawaiian shack does not have a picture

#23 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Hawaii 5 0 does not have a picture

#24 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Hot cocoa does not have a picture

#25 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Italian Galliano does not have a picture

#26 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Whild cherry does not have a picture

#27 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Whild cherry name may be misspelled? wild?

#28 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Jingle Bell Cookies does not have a picture

#29 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Mr Popper has no picture

#30 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Mr Popper may be wrong name? description says pepper?

#31 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - DEEjam has no picture

#32 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Passion orange has Deejam description

#33 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Kuolo has Deejam description

#34 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - No Can Dew has no picture

#35 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Melon O Pear has no picture

#36 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Vanilla Beanz has no picture

#37 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Vanilla Beanz description sounds like it may be a coffee flavor?

#38 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Wild BlueBerry has no picture

#39 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Hills of Joy has no picture

#40 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Jolly watermelon has no picture

#41 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Jolly apple has no picture

#42 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Jolly grape has no picture

#43 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Jolly raspberry has no picture

#44 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Jolly Lemon has no picture

#45 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Jolly Strawberry has no picture

#46 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Mt Charleston cocoa has no picture

#47 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Ecstacy has no picture

#48 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Mint Explosion has no picture

#49 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Vanilla Custard has no picture

#50 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Man Hands Cigar has no picture

#51 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Hilt-on has no picture

#52 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - house blend 555 has no picture

#53 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Fire N Ice has no picture

#54 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Sticky Fingers has no picture

#55 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Fruity Bubble Gum lists your price as 4.00, with a sale price of 4.95

#56 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - liquor locker - Magic puff is listed when it should not be

#57 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Singles only has several that are not a single flavor, unless i am mistaken as what singles only means.

#58 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Just Deserts - Magic puff is listed when it should not be.

#59 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Pastry Pantry - Honey is listed here when it should be in another place?

#60 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Pastry Pantry - Lemon is listed here when it should be in Fruit Bar

#61 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Pastry Pantry - Liquorice is listed here

#62 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Pastry Pantry has several listed in it that are not pastry related.

#63 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - LI HING Mui, Magic Puff, and POG are all listed under Coffee House

#64 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Soda Fountain needs to be redone, many flavors are not available from a soda fountain.

#65 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Mentol Mart has several flavors in it that are not menthol

#66 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Candy Factory has Magic Puff listed in it.

#67 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Nut House has Magic Puff and Hopscotch listed when they should not be. possibly shack 555 (i know know what 555 tastes like so..)

#68 under E-LIQUIDS ready to vape - Fruit bar has flavors other than just fruits in it.

#69 under DIY Flavorings - Pumpkin has no picture

#70 under DIY Flavorings - Mini Essentials Mixing Kit is listed when it should not be

and im out of time now, child woke up. next time he naps i will look some more

not sure if i should seperate this into multiple posts as others have done or leave as one long one?

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
everyone is doing such a great job, helping out with the format and everything. I really cannot find anything that has not been already addressed.

I love Dawn, have for a long time and I always highly recomend her and her place for everyone doing or just beginning diy, because she goes the extra mile to help us all get started and learn. She and diyflavorshack is absolutely irreplaceable in my opinion.

huggles
morri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread