Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I've seen something about that before - using coolwhip to test flavorings. It may have been to COMPARE flavors, and I think where-ever I saw it, it was discussing flavorings for baking or food - can't find the reference now though...

Another tip/idea: Carefully LABEL your mixes!
Once you've got a bunch of juice made, and it's changing with steeping, you DO NOT want to lose track of what was IN the one that becomes marvelous after a couple weeks! If I make a change to a recipe with a new batch, I just make a slightly new name for it, and put that on the label - then save a file for the recipe. Other people actually put the entire recipe right on the label.

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
:)

Once you create juices you absolutely "love", you know ... the ones you'll make "over and over",

make large bottles (30ml - 60ml) of just the "flavor base",
and label the bottles by your juice's names (i.e., PB Cookie Flavor Concentrate).

IMO, this blends the "flavors" together,
and makes for much easier and faster mixing when you're ready to mix your juice.​

rbeckys8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
idaho
Make a 120ml bottle of base..get one of those mini mixers and mix up good then almost fill a lot of small bottles leaving enough room for different flavors. With your smaller bottles stored away pull them out when you need them to make a new juice, they are ready for the added flovors and you don't have to mess with the nic any more than you need too!!

Hillbillie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Texas
Here's a tip I've heard several times, but it just sunk in after last weekend's mixing spree...

when trying a new flavor or recipe....start small (like 3 or 5 ml). I've been mixing 10 mls b/c it's easy for me to calculate %s but when it doesn't work out (like 3 of the 4 I've tried so far) you end up wasting a lot when you're forced to dump 'em. :(

But a 30 ml of DIYFS HOLY HOLY GRAIL RY4 at 13% NEVER fails me! <= best tip I could ever give ya'!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
But a 30 ml of DIYFS HOLY HOLY GRAIL RY4 at 13% NEVER fails me! <= best tip I could ever give ya'!

Got any other flavor suggestions that aren't tobacco made by DIY Flavor Shack???

If making high VG juice, and using calculator, you may pretend that Distilled Water is the PG on the calculator. Somebody just told me how to do that. (I don't add any PG to my mixes except for what is in the flavorings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread