DiyFlavorShack - Help With DIY - Any Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VallyGrlOR

Feb 6, 2010
Oregon
Well, if no one else is going to take you up on this, let me be the first. I bought some Coconut flavored liquid (Dekang) and I just can not taste the flavor. I put a little in a smaller bottle and added some coconut flavor to it and VG and really can't taste the difference. Do you know of any way to fix this stuff? I hate to throw out 30ml of liquid simply because I can't taste it. The coconut flavor I bought is Lorann. I am very willing to pay for a fix for this from you, and have been awaiting your reopening so I could ask you on my order LOL

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
HI
thats a good question, its a taste thing. I think adding nic later is NOT as good as getting the one i have with nic already in it. I think people that want it to taste the way they like it will go that route. But if you have had it before premixed you will want to go the same route as the flavoring in my opinion is not as strong. My suppler disagrees with me but i think i know best.
i got this for the 0 nic users.it is the same price so i would go premixed.

thanks dawn

bookspook

Jan 7, 2010
The South
Hi,

I plan on ordering from you for the first time, when you open. I wish your site was up, even if I couldn't order.......at least I could have been shopping these last few weeks. :) I'm wanting some stuff.....I just don't know what stuff I want, yet! LOL!!

Back to the topic of this thread.............

Why can you only put just so much VG in a recipe? I see that some mixers state that they can only put a certain percent VG and a certain percent PG.

I think that PG is causing me some itching. Is it possible to make an all VG juice? Don't most of the flavorings have PG in it?

How long does it take for flavors to blend together? In other words, after you make a mixture, how long should you wait to try it?

How long does a mixture last before the flavor starts to fade?

Does the toolbox that you sell have everything that would be needed to start mixing? If not, what else would be needed?

At what mg of nicotine does the flavor of the juice begin to change? What would be an ideal mg of nicotine to use to get the best flavor and nicotine hit?

Thanks

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
Hi,

Hi
Hope this helps
Sorry the site has been down but i am afraid some will accidently order. We are having a Great web designer do a PDF catalog for us,

Why can you only put just so much VG in a recipe? I see that some mixers state that they can only put a certain percent VG and a certain percent PG.
YOU CAN PUT IN AS MUCH VG AS YOU LIKE, THE FLAVOR HAS PG IN IT., SO IT CAN NOT BE 100 PERCENT VG.. UNLESS STATED THAT THE FLAVOING IS MADE WITH VG- WHICH I HAVE FLAVORS THAT ARE 100 PERCENT THE PROBLEM WITH THEM IS THEY ARE NOT AS STRONG.,
I think that PG is causing me some itching. Is it possible to make an all VG juice? Don't most of the flavorings have PG in it?
YES THEY DO UNLESS STATED

How long does it take for flavors to blend together? In other words, after you make a mixture, how long should you wait to try it?
IMMEDIATLY

How long does a mixture last before the flavor starts to fade?
WITHIN A MONTH OR SO IT DOES FADE. AND SO DOES THE COLOR
IT IS ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE EXTRA FLAVORING AROUND TO REMIX

Does the toolbox that you sell have everything that would be needed to start mixing? If not, what else would be needed?
EVERYTHING YOU NEED AND MORE

At what mg of nicotine does the flavor of the juice begin to change? What would be an ideal mg of nicotine to use to get the best flavor and nicotine hit?
AS SOON AS YOU ADD NICOTINE IT CHANGES THE TASTE AND GIVES THROAT HIT THE HIGHER THE BETTER. NO ONE SHOULD VAPE OVER 26MG ( THAT SHOULD BE FINE FOR ALL EX SMOKERS)

TAKE CARE
AND THANK YOU
DAWN

bookspook

Jan 7, 2010
The South
On the last question, what I'm asking is at what level of nicotine do you start to noticeably effect the flavor? For example, if you want to maintain full flavor should you stay around 10mg, 12mg 18mg, etc? What would be the optimal level, not necessarily the highest level, that you should put in a liquid?

Thanks, Dawn. Good luck on your reopening, tomorrow.

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
Dawn,

So happy you're re-opening mañana :p I plan on ordering your clove everyone's been raving about, and your Flue Cured :D Regarding the clove, someone said they even felt the sensation on their lips...I don't recall if this was a special blend you made for them, or if you only have one kind...please advise :) Also, aside from the 18mg Flue Cured I will be ordering, I have quite a supply of Dekang Flue Cured @ 24mg that is just WAY TOO STRONG...If I also purchase your 0nic., how much should I use to supplement into a 30ml bottle of the 24mg?

Thank you kindly, welcome back, don't stress yourself, and ALL THE BEST!!!

Much Love - Mr.e

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
Hi YA Mr E

thank you so much.. lets see on the stuff you want to mix if you put a zero mg in you will be diluting it down so lets start with a easy equation. if you cut it in half.. half yours and half Zero. 24mg cut in half = 12mg

if you cut a quarter 25 percent. 18mg Appox.

use the easy calculator from Dan.. he is a genius.

see ya soon
hugss dawn

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
Midnight?!:p You C-R-A-Z-Y...just like we are! ;)

Thanks for the answer to the mix ?, the %'s I figured as such, just didn't know if I had to dilute your flavoring...but I don't and that's AWESOME!!! You just made life that much easier :)

Just one more ?...Is there more than one type of Clove?

Tic - Tock - Tic - Tock...Can't wait!

Thanks again, and MUCH LOVE! - Mr.e

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
Glad you are feeling better Dawn! I have a question about flavor integration. I recently been trying DIY for the first time without using nic. What is the "magic" flavor integrator for e-liquids? I know its apple cider vinegar for some soups, stew and chili. Ethol Maltos or however its spelled is supposed to tame down strong flavors and add sweetness, but I haven't read where it helps integrate all the different flavors.

Thanks in advance for your expertise

Matt

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
Hi Matt

the magic is in the tweek.. there is no magic in intergration you will find it happens when you mix and then you tweek a drop more of this and Wjala its there.

i dont use ethol yet i am getting some in and will try it. but as of yet i dont use it.

i just mix and it happens. you will find the same

clove--- no i mix it one way unless special ask.. i use a great recipe that i add a little licorice and stuff to make it like a real clove ...i cannot tell my recipe as people watch me and copy a lot which is good as the best flavors out there is always a great thing.
but i do like to make them guess alittle.

and yes CRAZY is GREAT...

hugss dawn

Last edited:

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
Thanks for answering my question. Your Clove/Kretek tastes FANTASTIC with your RY4 Carmel!!! I have some EM crystals which I dissolved and added it to a mix and found that it does make it sweeter. I have read in several places that it is what the cotton candy flavoring is made from. How concentrated are the flavors that you sell on your website? I love your RY4 Carmel and wanted to purchase some but saw that you stated it wasn't a concentrate. It would be fantastic if you offered your RY4 as a concentrated flavoring mix. Correct me if I am mistaken.

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
HI
i have not worked with EM yet i do have some on order to see if it does work as well as everyone is saying. But to date i have not used it. i do use cotton candy or marshmellow to sweeten.

now on the concentrate for tobaccos. i cannot get concentrate flavoring, as i was lucky to find the zero mg to and BEG my supplier to make all my bases in double flavor. (without ruining and turning them chemically) so i didnt want to say you can add a drop of this and have 20 mls of ry4. all this is a way for you to take the zero mg and DIY it yourself to make it to taste and use the percentage of nicotine you want maybe you want a 4mg add this 4mg of nic to ry4 and you have what you want. that is the purpose of zero flavoring.

I hope this helps

thanks dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread