97cbf370ca4047e6c3f17f69a1408ec9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Just got ahold of them thy are sending me a pre payed label and are exchange it for me

Sucks to go through but at least they're standing up to do the right thing. All I can think of is somehow that board was overheating throwing everything off. Glad they'll do the exchange. I'm sure Evolv would stand behind it and deal with the board, but given how new it is you deserve the swap, especially spending this much money.

We've all had hardware failures at times. no to cheer you up, but better now than 3 months down the road when a return to Evolv for a board swap would be the other option. Keep us updated, I'd like to know how smoothly wny makes it for you.

Reactions: Deryan3

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Sucks to go through but at least they're standing up to do the right thing. All I can think of is somehow that board was overheating throwing everything off. Glad they'll do the exchange. I'm sure Evolv would stand behind it and deal with the board, but given how new it is you deserve the swap, especially spending this much money.

We've all had hardware failures at times. no to cheer you up, but better now than 3 months down the road when a return to Evolv for a board swap would be the other option. Keep us updated, I'd like to know how smoothly wny makes it for you.

Wny vapes has a 45 day return lost vape has a 6mo thy clam thy will just send out a new one when thy get mine

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Is it ok to use the UBS charging or shod I buy a charger

DNAs have good balance charging but I prefer using a quality external charger when possible. The usb port is essential for connecting to ascribe and updating, and I'd hate to endanger that by potentially breaking the port by unnecessary wear and tear.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Is it ok to use the UBS charging or shod I buy a charger

As KenD pointed out, there's no problem with balanced charging through the usb with it. And as he pointed out, there are advantages to an external charger to reduce any possible wear on the connector. It also lets you have other paired sets charged so you can simply swap out and keep vaping.

Wny vapes has a 45 day return lost vape has a 6mo thy clam thy will just send out a new one when thy get mine

To my knowledge, Evolv offers a 1 year warranty on the board. Either way, I'm glad wny is taking care of it.

Reactions: KenD

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont

It's in the mail thy emailed me a 2 day prepaid return slip

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I got 4 Vtc4 with my charger I shod be able to run any power settings with them battery

I believe it will charge at 1A for 4, or 2A for 2. Personally, if it can be selected, I would stay at 1A even for 2 unless you were in a rush. Higher current leads to higher thermals and ultimately decreases the lifespan of the battery. Granted, it's not dramatic, but it's something to be aware of. I know there is now a Nitecore that can do a fast charge of 3A. I don't know if the Xtar can, but I personally would never charge an 18650 at 3A.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I believe it will charge at 1A for 4, or 2A for 2. Personally, if it can be selected, I would stay at 1A even for 2 unless you were in a rush. Higher current leads to higher thermals and ultimately decreases the lifespan of the battery. Granted, it's not dramatic, but it's something to be aware of. I know there is now a Nitecore that can do a fast charge of 3A. I don't know if the Xtar can, but I personally would never charge an 18650 at 3A.

I like to change at .5A I know it takes 6hr but I like slow rate

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont

I got a new lost vape 166 today no problem 1 week turn around

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I just got my black frame carbon fiber snakeskin (dark blossom, looks more beige and black than blossom, but it's what the photo showed) from them. Ordered Saturday morning, shipped out same day, and even with free shipping still arrived today. I have a black Pharaoh inbound for it due tomorrow. Figure they'll go well together. I have my black Engine living on it until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread