DNA 40 charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Hi I just posted a seriously similar thread for the record I think it might just be extremely slow..... I have not gotten any reply about how long it should take to charge but you average PC USB port only provides 0.5A this might mean it might take 2-6h to charge since the average wall 0.5A charger take that long from what i've read.

Everyone seems to have a external battery charger i'm not 100% sure why but i think its because onboard charging times are just too slow and everyone is paranoid about battery exploding, I would have thought the chance of something going wrong while charging would be similar to the chance while discharging so the idea that you should charge externally seem a little ludicrous to me if you happy to vape on that same battery.

For the record you can apparent get USB chargers that have 2.0A of current and the dna PDF says it can handle up to 16A..... so i assume 2A is fine which would speed up the charging time that said most external charges i've read about have a trickle charge period so the straight up 2A may reduce battery life......

One last thing I'm no Battery expert please check with a knowledgeable person before pushing 2A through the USB charging port....... this whole post is simply peculation nothing more so only take it as that please!

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I don't have the HB40 but I've got several authentic DNA devices and yes it does charge the battery through USB. Depending on which USB charger they are using the current charge is mostly likely 500mA which will take a while with a 18650, mine usually takes 3-4 hours using my computer. I usually remove the battery if possible and use my external charger, it's quicker that way but the USB does charge. From what I've read on the HB40 the status light is visible, red indicates charging and green indicates charging complete.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
A massive thank you Nomoreash, I've been putting off ordering to see weather i should be getting a wall battery charger as well..... Now i can order and spend all my money the joy you have brought me! So yer thanks again! a shame i cant give you rep like so many other forums!

I just went back over the DNA 40 PDF and the onboard charger states that it is only a 0.5A charger so i'm not sure what that 16A input capacity is all about maybe it the 510 connector? so in summery it will take a long time regardless what USB port you plug it in to i think!

And FYI op the if you are looking at the screen display while the battery is charging the DNA 40 has an interesting battery display it will from memory only it show the battery at a 100% from 50%-100% charged and then at 50% from 50% to 25% charged. below 25% charge it will state that it needs charging. Well at least that's what i think the youtube video said it you want to know for certain there are some great DNA 40 reviews on youtube that are seriously in depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread