DNA 40, NR, Nickel Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
I ordered the LV tempered Ni200 and it's not as springy as the SV but not as soft as the regular Temco. Was actually able to clean and re-wick my first vertical coil with it.....Whoop Whoop.!!!!! Just ordered a SX Mini M class and some 26g since the target is .065 ohms I can do fewer wraps with thicker wire. Oh yeahhhh

OooHhh 4 "The Love of vaping"

Reactions: sunnata

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I ordered the LV tempered Ni200 and it's not as springy as the SV but not as soft as the regular Temco. Was actually able to clean and re-wick my first vertical coil with it.....Whoop Whoop.!!!!! Just ordered a SX Mini M class and some 26g since the target is .065 ohms I can do fewer wraps with thicker wire. Oh yeahhhh

OooHhh 4 "The Love of vaping"
So LV wire is better than SV?

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
Wow that's a lot of wire. It would take me a lifetime to use that much. I like the 25ft or 50ft rolls to try. Still figuring out what gauge I like best.. Things change so quickly in the Vaping market I have rolls of stuff I've still not tried.

OooHhh 4 "The Love of Vaping"

Reactions: HDMontana

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Wow that's a lot of wire. It would take me a lifetime to use that much. I like the 25ft or 50ft rolls to try. Still figuring out what gauge I like best.. Things change so quickly in the Vaping market I have rolls of stuff I've still not tried.

I've tried 32 and 30ga Ni200, and they just don't quite achieve the vapor density of the 28ga. I would use 26ga ideally, but the size of the coil would be ridiculous since I try to shoot for at least a 0.15 ohms resistance.

I also go through nickel wires way more; those things dont quite have the cleaning durability of kanthal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
Oh do I understand that. I'd much rather do a fresh coil than try and clean and re-wick. Especially the vertical coils I was using in my Marquis and Veritas. I think the SX mini M Class has a target goal of .065 so that would make using 26g more feasible. I should get mine tomorrow so I'll be starting a new journey. Shoot Me NOW.

Reactions: Bikenstein

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
^^^^ 26 awg is perfect for the SX M Class. 6-7 wraps gets you in the range of 0.065-0.08.
That's what I'm looking for. I want to use my Velocity on it but it's only setup to run dual coils. We'll see if I can get it to work or if I can only use it with Kanthal.

viking**

Apr 25, 2015
Pa.
Let me put it this way. I loved the kayfun's they were my goto tanks for the past year. I have 3 KFL+V2's with the dual air holes took the adjustment screws out and ran them wider open. I had the Kayfun V4 clone took the air adjustment screw out of it and ran it wide open. Traded the V4 for my first kanger sub tank ( the big one). Loved it so much I bought 2 of the kanger sub Mini's. All the kayfun's have been retired now. Will be selling them off soon. The flavor, build quality, ease of use and fill has made these my primary RTA's. The option of either using the stock OCC coils or the rebuildable deck is a winner. Not to mention the OCC heads are a snap to rebuild as well. No, I don't work for kanger. Just a very satisfied customer.
Read your comment and thought,is he reading my mind,I too have a KF plus,and I am about to give it away,not because it is not good but because I have trouble getting the build under the screws,I do succeed,but after many attempts.
Then I seen the Kanger Sub mini,my eyes lite up,my thoughts ,a 12 year old can build this.
I'm 72,eyes not as good as my youth,the build on the Kanger is where I'm heading,I'm going for one,I'm on a limited budget but I will figure it out,with hopes of getting a few more years Vaping.Tc

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah...Kayfun's (KFLs) are tricky with nickel. For the longest time I couldn't get them to work without quickly hitting temp protection...even at low watts. All of a sudden I built a magic coil that is hitting great, no TP up to 15 watts! I don't know what I did different but it's working. I was just about to retire my KFLs too!

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Yeah...Kayfun's (KFLs) are tricky with nickel. For the longest time I couldn't get them to work without quickly hitting temp protection...even at low watts. All of a sudden I built a magic coil that is hitting great, no TP up to 15 watts! I don't know what I did different but it's working. I was just about to retire my KFLs too!
Spaced or micro (touching) coils? I've had no issues with my KFL's or KF4's. I'm using KF4's only now (6 clones).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread