DNA firmware upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi there.. just a very basic question (hopefully).

Can ALL brands of authentic dna mods, upgrade their firmware through escribe?

Would this kill any factory presets the mods may have? I have never used escribe in my life but have borrowed my sis's windows laptop for a couple days so i can upgrade my smok mods and my dna device (just a quick kudos to joyetech and wismec having mac versions and making their firmware upgrades ridiculously easy).

For example my VT40 and my epetite 60. if i plug them in to the windows machine and load escribe, will it automatically tell me if i need to upgrade or if there is a new version?

Or should i be getting FW upgrades from the individual mod makers?

TIA!

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
The DNA 200 and the 250 don't have any factory presets that I know about.
My think vape has like nickel, then nickel no preheat, nickel soft, Ti, SS, Power..the basics to get one going. But I have now been reading things that people should calibrate their mods resistance or something, with escribe? And now i read some triple battery dna250 do not work properly out of the box, like the VT250s, as it has it's settings for lipos? I am going to be completely lost over this and am just thinking to sell my dna stuff and get the new colour board when it comes out.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
The SMOK mod's I have had were/are not user update-able (firmware updates), like other mod's I have (Joytech, etc.).
All the smok mods here are firmware update-able.. not on mac though, sadly. Which ones do you have that you can't find firmware for? Alien/XCube mini/Ultra/H priv/G Priv/G320/GX350/Alien V1 and V2 and more are all firmware upgradeable.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
On the E-Petite DNA 60, escribe will not overwrite the settings that came pre-loaded by Lost Vape. You will have the option to do this, but it will not happen by just connecting your device.

The VT40 is a DNA 40 cannot be connected to or edited by escribe. Only the DNA60-DNA250 can utilize escribe.
Thank you very much...
Also good to know re Dna40. So it just is what it is. No firmwares for DNA40's either then? I just noticed on my Hcigars they are a bit buggy with resistance locking and recognising new attys, but eventually it works wieth a lot of fiddling.

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
All the smok mods here are firmware update-able.. not on mac though, sadly. Which ones do you have that you can't find firmware for? Alien/XCube mini/Ultra/H priv/G Priv/G320/GX350/Alien V1 and V2 and more are all firmware upgradeable.
Two examples (non user update-able comment above) Koopor 200 & 60. Yes, newer SMOK reg's are update-able with factory firmwares.

Update-able (customizable) firmwares I have been running recently (that I like) ClockSelect & Arctic Fox (provide a bit more control over the software/hardware ;-) Really breathed new life into my Cuboid's & Primo v2.0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread