DNA166-DNA250 UPGRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tj K

Jan 18, 2017
Hi there guys I work constantly with DNAs and I am wondering if anyone knows how to bypass Evolv's protection from the dna 166 watts to the full 250 that the chip has in place. I worked through all of Escribe but can't seem to change it from the cap of 166. I understand it is for safety and I am all about safety, but then you smok's Alien mod is 220 watts with all their new chips running two 18650s and no one has blown up since. So help me out here programmers.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
166w with two batteries, 250w with three batteries. That can't be changed in escribe. The Alien can do 220w, but there are no batteries that can actuality do that within their cdr. Just because no accidents have happened (or been reported) yet doesn't mean that any won't happen. Even with 30 amp batteries you shouldn't exceed 180w with two batteries or 270w with three. 120w and 180w respectively with 20 amp batteries.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Tj K

Jan 18, 2017
166w with two batteries, 250w with three batteries. That can't be changed in escribe. The Alien can do 220w, but there are no batteries that can actuality do that within their cdr. Just because no accidents have happened (or been reported) yet doesn't mean that any won't happen. Even with 30 amp batteries you shouldn't exceed 180w with two batteries or 270w with three. 120w and 180w respectively with 20 amp batteries.

Awesome thanks brother! You are tons of help!

Reactions: KenD

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
The Alien in my hand right now might be able to hit 220 Watts but I will never get close to the recommended wattage for the coils because right now I am running it at 25% below the start of the recommended range. With my RX200S I updated it to the 250 watts and rolled it back because I noticed a decrease in battery life. Trying to hack the firmware to operate out of the safe ranges of a regulated MOD is akin to running lower than .1 Ohms on a Mech in my opinion. If you want to do Darwinist things.........................

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
In my honest opinion, the Alien's 220W output is just hype and false marketing, just like many other mods these days.
The Alien will actually put out a bit more than 220w (within a specific range of coil resistances). That's not good, however, as there are no cells that can handle that within their cdr.

Reactions: Joergl100

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Love to see a screen shot of that since my Alien (the one in my hand) won't go over 220 watts. V1.2.1 firmware at the present time.
What the screen reads is rarely exactly what the mod fires at. The settings go up to 220w but at certain resistances it won't fire that high and in a very limited range IRL it'll fire a few watts higher. Check the Djlsb vapes test and review.

Reactions: Joergl100

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I would love to see a screen shot is all. You made the statement so lets see the screen shot. I do not care what Djlsd has to say I would like to see your screen shot. If it is only what you read on the Internet we all know what that is worth.
I won't go through the review just in order to take a screenshot. Please feel free to do it yourself. Daniel is by far the most qualified technical reviewer out there and he's highly respected. He's the one that revealed that the Sigelei 213 won't do more than 155w, for example. I recommend his channel for everyone who wants actual inormation on vape gear. If you don't feel like having a look, no problem, but the facts are there plain and clear.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
It's life in the forums I think.
This is a case of .... If there ain't no picture, it didn't happen !
My favorite is......... If your going to do that, get a video of it happening !

I think both could be used in this thread. Just saying :<0)

If you didn't see it happen with your own eyes..............

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
No I want a picture of your MOD putting out over 220 watts. Should I have said Hand Check instead?

How should anyone?

Daniel (DJLsb) measured that! That has nothing to do with the display on the mod! I know that video as well as many others from DJLsb, he is absolutely reliable!

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Be that way...
unknown.gif

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
FFS, it's in DJSLB's review online which can be viewed on YouTube - he uses 'scopes and meters to measure output from the mods he reviews. He has no reason to lie, and is one of the most respected reviewers, especially when it comes to technical aspects of mods, around.

Stop being an ........ about it, and just watch the review yourself.

EDIT - And if you don't want to look at 'possibly edited' video review, then why are you asking for a photo of someone's mod doing that? That picture could easily be 'shopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread