Long Island, New York
65827373.jpg

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Almost daily I come home from work read a few posts on the forum and find the same things over and over.

More power, pushing the power bar beyond anything anyone really needs. Innovation in this industry is there, I just feel like sometimes it goes in the wrong direction.

The power delivery aka our mods have come a long way but in many ways it's just stalled or even taken a step back in my opinion. Does anyone here realistically need 220w to get a decent vape? If you do more (or less) power to you, but we could use more innovation in other fields.

Better battery life is something that is needed not only in vaping but in many industries such things as cellphones, laptops and just about anything portable. I know this is hard for the industry to innovate since it's mostly out of our hands and mainly up to battery makers.

But then other things like wicking materials, or even taking another look at how we vaporize liquid and innovate something completely new there have been almost completely overlooked. I know ceramic had a short haul for a little bit but didn't really work out as much as people had hoped. That's ok, at least it was an attempt to try something new and learn a few things along the way! We need to keep trying things and improve on concepts instead of throwing more and more power at new mods and calling it innovation it's really not, we're just throwing more and more stress at one of the 2 key elements to vaping that hasn't innovated in quite a while, there is only so much these batteries can handle.

I feel we need to start getting creative again!
The days when I first started vaping and messing with lipton tea filters and SS mesh for Genesis builds, sure they were messy, amateurish and not for everyone but it was innovation these days what are we doing? We're just throwing more and more power at stuff and calling it new and improved.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Almost daily I come home from work read a few posts on the forum and find the same things over and over.

More power, pushing the power bar beyond anything anyone really needs. Innovation in this industry is there, I just feel like sometimes it goes in the wrong direction.

The power delivery aka our mods have come a long way but in many ways it's just stalled or even taken a step back in my opinion. Does anyone here realistically need 220w to get a decent vape? If you do more (or less) power to you, but we could use more innovation in other fields.

Better battery life is something that is needed not only in vaping but in many industries such things as cellphones, laptops and just about anything portable. I know this is hard for the industry to innovate since it's mostly out of our hands and mainly up to battery makers.

But then other things like wicking materials, or even taking another look at how we vaporize liquid and innovate something completely new there have been almost completely overlooked. I know ceramic had a short haul for a little bit but didn't really work out as much as people had hoped. That's ok, at least it was an attempt to try something new and learn a few things along the way! We need to keep trying things and improve on concepts instead of throwing more and more power at new mods and calling it innovation it's really not, we're just throwing more and more stress at one of the 2 key elements to vaping that hasn't innovated in quite a while, there is only so much these batteries can handle.

I feel we need to start getting creative again!
The days when I first started vaping and messing with lipton tea filters and SS mesh for Genesis builds, sure they were messy, amateurish and not for everyone but it was innovation these days what are we doing? We're just throwing more and more power at stuff and calling it new and improved.
I still don't know what I'm going to do with all this blue aquarium foam. Remember when the DNA 20 came out? The Mavericks that ran that chip at 20 watts? They were crazy but I remember thinking "those guys can really build! Imagine, a coil that can handle 20 watts!"
Now, I think the folks that need 200+ watts to get a good vape need to learn how to build.

Reactions: Eskie

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I still don't know what I'm going to do with all this blue aquarium foam. Remember when the DNA 20 came out? The Mavericks that ran that chip at 20 watts? They were crazy but I remember thinking "those guys can really build! Imagine, a coil that can handle 20 watts!"
Now, I think the folks that need 200+ watts to get a good vape need to learn how to build.

If I really needed to I can wrap a 1.5ohm coil break out a provari and I'd be just fine! I understand people like to vape the way they like to vape that's fine.

Nothing wrong vaping 80-150w if that's your thing go for it. But, do we really need 200+ watts to get a decent vape? It's it's not just that in 6 month's we'll be asking do we need 300w to get a decent vape?

All the meanwhile batteries aren't getting much better, I mean sure you can use lipos if you have to (pretty soon you'll have no choice), but where is the industry going with more and more power?

What's next iron lung surgery? Are we going to build artificial lungs to store more vapor?

PS: Yes I still have aquarium foam in my drawer no idea what I'll ever use it for but it's right next to my old lipton tea filters and my first "kit" which btw was more expensive then than a Vaporflask would be today sadly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread