DNA40 button broken, need repair / replacement help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chango

Jan 24, 2013
California

I have a ZNA that I fit a DNA40 into. I am in the minority of DNA40 owners who has had absolutely zero problems with it and I love this chip's performance. A couple days ago I found that the up button had no effect. I opened it up and saw that the up button had broken. In the picture you can see that the down button is intact, whereas the up button is just exposed metal. I actually found the part of the button that had broken off, it looked like a very small O-ring sticker that once held the tiny domed button under it. I tried sticking it back on but to no avail. After searching all over for information about this happening to other people, I found someone mention a button replacement, so I purchased C&K Tact Switch as a replacement but it was way too big. Furthermore, since this is a ZNA, there is practically no extra room to work with so the replacement has to be the exact same size. In the ZNA, the UP and DOWN buttons on the DNA40 are pressed by simple metal pins that align right to where these buttons are.

So here I am in desperation about what to do to fix this. Does anybody have any ideas? If possible I'd much rather a fix that does not require me to desolder / solder a new button back on because this component is so small I worry that I might do even more damage trying to repair it, but my DIY attitude nullifies the fear of messing it up.

Does anybody have any ideas? I'm desperately missing vaping throughout the day. I'm not going back to smoking but I am absolutely losing my mind here without it. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Evolve were really good when they fixed my DNA 40 They could have just blamed me claiming that I had damaged the board but they were great responded to all my emails and repaired it pretty quickly. If you cant just attach a switch to the board I would send it back to them and they should fix it if its within a year of you buying it! i've even heard of them fixing boards after warranty periods up but you would have to be pretty lucky! GL Otherwise just buy a new board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread