Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Yeah and from what I see, they are a rip off of the name but don't have the Temp Protection. Just a 40w dna which is not a total loss since you get up to 8v and 40w...
but none of the new tech; I guess its too hard to clone so far.
If anyone expects TP dna40 clone, please let us know if they get them with TP.

bingoking

Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
new mexico
this thread has been helpful...my wife and i just got our un reg mods 3 weeks ago..been having fun..but 2 days ago we got a real kayfun lite.. with 30 gauge we can run it on out c-twists..great flavor..now on the mech mods.. which is single 18650..nope..tried 26-30 gauge.. we both have now know to really enjoy this we need regulated ones..we have looked at the hana 40..WOW!!! its alot of money..but the temp control is cool..but buget and being safe is the thing we want..any suggestions would be helpful!!

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Hana dna40 and other authentic dna40 devices are top of the line.
That said, dna40 temp protection is a new innovation that is really imo where vaping is headed. The Ni200 (nickle) wire is different to work with but simple to do if you know how to make coils.
The great thing about them is you can use either Ni200 or Kanthal or Nichrome conventional wire and get fantastic range of vaping choices.
Temp Protection only works with nickle (and some use titanium) wire.
The newest Vapor Shark dna40's are coming out with larger LED screens, a Zip charge (faster charging), and a beep for when/ if you batts in wrong. Check that out.

Expensive but fully backed up by Evolv and high end device makers. The first runs of the DNA40 had about 10% glitches so don't look for used ones imo (unless they are proven glitch free).

Cloners have NOT got this TP chip figured out yet. so if you don't need TP, a clone DNA30 is great imo.
That said, if you are vaping sub ohms most of the time; i.e. dual coil RDA, then you would probably want a high watt box as DNA are not made for high wattage.
But anything from .8 ohms up is a go...
They excel with 1 to 2 ohms coils.

bingoking

Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
new mexico
thanks...the only real thing for me is that the temp control on the real one would allow me to vape my cotton candy without burning it to a crisp..we both like the rda's for almost all of our juice and they really are a big step up from the c twist and kanger type tanks..we are trying to get all this stuff put together so we both can quit anologs..i did it for 13 weeks last year but got real sick and went back..but both of us can really see that a regulated box with one or two batts would be real nice with a tank for driving!!!

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I just watched a video for the Vapor Flask V3 40W "clone" in a couple shots it showed a reading of 450 degrees...? however they didn't mention temp control. now, i'm wondering if there's anymore info out on this dna 40 clone chip? if it is a solid chip, I can't wait to get a V3 flask! I've been holding out, maybe it will have been worth the wait. haha, time will tell I guess ;)

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Yeah and from what I see, they are a rip off of the name but don't have the Temp Protection. Just a 40w dna which is not a total loss since you get up to 8v and 40w...
but none of the new tech; I guess its too hard to clone so far.
If anyone expects TP dna40 clone, please let us know if they get them with TP.

That sounds dangerous. Somebody buying something advertised with temp control and then trying to use nickle without the temp feature is a cause for concern.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Resistance 1.5ohm, 3ohm, 3.3ohm
output wattagev7W-40W
No mention of TL ... hmmmm

They obviously didn`t clone a Evolv DNA 40. :lol
Pretty easy to clone an atty compared to a board and firmware

The DNA 40 has been cloned. There are some that don't have the tc but ones that do have it are making their way over to the us now. In the next couple weeks schit is going to go down.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
There's no reason to believe that the Chinese can't reverse engineer a DNA40 with fully functional temp control.

Despite what many of you may think, at the end of the day the DNA is still not that complex of a device.
The Chinese have reverse engineered fighter planes and a litany of things far more complex than any ecig will ever be.
If you think they can't do a DNA40 (or just temp control in general) you are either delusional or flat out ignorant.

Now how long it will take for them to release a quality version is a different story.
I give Yihi until Summer time tops before they announce something comparable (or maybe even better)

Signed,
A genuine DNA40 and many Chinese mods owner

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
The DNA 40 has been cloned. There are some that don't have the tc but ones that do have it are making their way over to the us now. In the next couple weeks schit is going to go down.
ummmm - no, Provari fan-boy

the only thing that has been cloned are the cases for some of the more common DNA 40 based mods - the DNA 40 board and amazing temp control has NOT been duplicated and will not be for at least a year, if ever, it is a complex system in both hardware and software and both are encrypted, and protected by a slew of new patents.

In fact, the largest mod manufacturer in the world, Innokin, a huge Chinese firm, just gave Evolv an order for a million+ DNA boards, the Chinese never do that, which is further proof that a clone of the actual temp protection that works well is nowhere even close to working for the Chinese! It's not even on the distant horizon!

It's actually pretty cool and comical, the Chinese buying a ton of made in USA circuits - when has that ever happened in history?

Last edited:

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
There's no reason to believe that the Chinese can't reverse engineer a DNA40 with fully functional temp control.

Despite what many of you may think, at the end of the day the DNA is still not that complex of a device.
The Chinese have reverse engineered fighter planes and a litany of things far more complex than any ecig will ever be.
If you think they can't do a DNA40 (or just temp control in general) you are either delusional or flat out ignorant.

Now how long it will take for them to release a quality version is a different story.
I give Yihi until Summer time tops before they announce something comparable (or maybe even better)

Signed,
A genuine DNA40 and many Chinese mods owner

"The Chinese" are not a singular entity. And it's a tad bit ridiculous that we're over here championing reverse engineering as some kind of virtue. They only have to reverse engineer because they aren't innovating, have no business ethics, and have no laws to prevent unethical business. This may or may not be an oversight ... in any event it's not something to promote if you live in the first world and enjoy it.

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
Um...just to throw this out there, I already have a cloned dna 40 with tc and I have three of them... when they work they are EXACTLY like my authentic vapor flask in terms of regulating and now that I have worked with the R and D department to figure out the firmware issues (which no one here helped me with much...just saying) I am getting second round with upgraded firmware next week to start second round testing and they are pretty certain that these ones will be "perfect" and this round I am getting for free after the first round not working right...if anyone is interested shoot me a pm and I can tell you where to find, I would just post it publicly but everyone for the most part here are fan boys and prefer to spend around 300.00 dollars to get an authentic...me, not so much lol, oh and if you were wondering the first batch just had a freezing issue with the board just freezing up and continuing to fire after depressing the fire button, other than that they work EXACTLY as the authentic. Everyone thinks there is so much to tc when all it is doing is monitoring resistance and then adjusting wattage to keep at a certain resistance...it is not magic or rocket science...happy vaping everyone!!!!

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
"The Chinese" are not a singular entity. And it's a tad bit ridiculous that we're over here championing reverse engineering as some kind of virtue. They only have to reverse engineer because they aren't innovating, have no business ethics, and have no laws to prevent unethical business. This may or may not be an oversight ... in any event it's not something to promote if you live in the first world and enjoy it.

I myself am not promoting a communist nation that has no labor laws and no work ethics or even how they manipulate currency to make sure their goods are always cheaper than ours...but I am a sucker for paying less than 1/3 what they want for these authentics from evolv and if I can take advantage of it until good quality American made products come down in price a little...I will, just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread