DNA40 Hana clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
And as virtuous as it may be to support good old American made products, our own government has been the driving force in moving almost ALL of our production out of the states starting with China being made a part of the WTO in 2001 under the Clinton administration, I don't think it is fair to draw conclusions on individuals based off of not wanting to pay the outrageous pricing of products from evolv, vapor flask, hana and others that could sell for a little less to be more competitive...but they don't

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
And as virtuous as it may be to support good old American made products, our own government has been the driving force in moving almost ALL of our production out of the states starting with China being made a part of the WTO in 2001 under the Clinton administration, I don't think it is fair to draw conclusions on individuals based off of not wanting to pay the outrageous pricing of products from evolv, vapor flask, hana and others that could sell for a little less to be more competitive...but they don't

You are clueless as to what is actually costs to manufacture in the US, and calling Evolv's pricing outrageous is outrageous.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
ummmm - no, Provari fan-boy

the only thing that has been cloned are the cases for some of the more common dna 40 based mods - the dna 40 board and amazing temp control has NOT been duplicated and will not be for at least a year, if ever, it is a complex system in both hardware and software and both are encrypted, and protected by a slew of new patents.

In fact, the largest mod manufacturer in the world, Innokin, a huge Chinese firm, just gave Evolv an order for a million+ dna boards, the Chinese never do that, which is further proof that a clone of the actual temp protection that works well is nowhere even close to working for the Chinese! It's not even on the distant horizon!

It's actually pretty cool and comical, the Chinese buying a ton of made in USA circuits - when has that ever happened in history?

Your wrong. Also, I'm no fanboy of anything. I don't even own a provari so I have no idea what you're talking about there. What I do know is that your clueless and your "everything without a DNA 40 is worthless" schtick colors you the village idiot around here. Carry on.

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
You are clueless as to what is actually costs to manufacture in the US, and calling Evolv's pricing outrageous is outrageous.

So I take it you are an expert in manufacturing costs in the USA? If you read my other posts I went on to say that 300.00 dollars is outrageous and that that cost could come down slightly to be more competitive, is that so much to ask?

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI

I was also implying that the pricing of all of those companies combined was outrageous, not just evolve by itself but I will admit that IMO 80.00 dollars just to get your hands on the DNA 40 board and USB charger is on the high side and if you are the expert on evolv could you tell me the pricing of the million+ units they sent to China? I am willing to bet it was a lot less then 60.00 dollars a unit lol

Last edited:

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
ummmm - no, Provari fan-boy

the only thing that has been cloned are the cases for some of the more common DNA 40 based mods - the DNA 40 board and amazing temp control has NOT been duplicated and will not be for at least a year, if ever, it is a complex system in both hardware and software and both are encrypted, and protected by a slew of new patents.

In fact, the largest mod manufacturer in the world, Innokin, a huge Chinese firm, just gave Evolv an order for a million+ DNA boards, the Chinese never do that, which is further proof that a clone of the actual temp protection that works well is nowhere even close to working for the Chinese! It's not even on the distant horizon!

It's actually pretty cool and comical, the Chinese buying a ton of made in USA circuits - when has that ever happened in history?

If that IS the case, not being cloned for a year, how do you explain me having 3 cloned units (which do admittedly need a few kinks worked out) sitting in my household at this very moment? Does everyone really believe that a board that only monitors resistance and adjusts wattage is really that far outside the realm of Chinese duplication?

P.S.- you said that both hardware and software are encrypted? How do you encrypt hardware? Buttons and casing and the wiring come encrypted? lol

Last edited:

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
OK, board+usb charging board still at $67 not $80

Edit: shipping flat rate $2 within US at vapedojo

I am not on a high horse or religiously devout to any of my opinions so fine, 67.00 dollars for both- I stand corrected and accept criticism just fine, so that out of the way would you like to dispute any of my other points other than one minute point of +/-13.00 dollars?

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
And that is just OUR retail cost, now factor in that these companies are more than likely paying let's say even 40.00 dollars for this chip and usb, do you feel that there is +/-200.00 dollars of work and retail cost going into this? In fact the only company not marking retail up by 200.00 dollars is vaporshark and guess what? yup, made in China...big surprise there

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
And that is just OUR retail cost, now factor in that these companies are more than likely paying let's say even 40.00 dollars for this chip and usb, do you feel that there is +/-200.00 dollars of work and retail cost going into this? In fact the only company not marking retail up by 200.00 dollars is vaporshark and guess what? yup, made in China...big surprise there

Research and development... Also bad example... Vapor shark has a daughter board... That's gotta be worth 100 right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
Research and development... Also bad example... Vapor shark has a daughter board... That's gotta be worth 100 right??

Well, with all the R and D went into the BRAND new design of the hana box and the vapor flask (lol) I mean it's ridiculous, we should all just pay 300.00 dollars for BRAND new designs that look NOTHING like their predecessors, right?

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Well, with all the R and D went into the BRAND new design of the hana box and the vapor flask (lol) I mean it's ridiculous, we should all just pay 300.00 dollars for BRAND new designs that look NOTHING like their predecessors, right?

Haha tru

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
Well it's just like cars... There's a 100% markup on cars but we still pay it... That's capitalism .... U sell what u think others will pay

Agreed...to a point, do you honestly feel (assuming mark up on these is 100%, which puts their wholesale cost at around 150.00 USD) that 100.00+ dollars of work went into soddering some wires and placing them into an enclosure? Like I said, everyone needs a piece of the pie BUT IMO they could cut their price just a little, be more competitive and completely curtail what the Chinese do best, steal good idea's and slash prices through currency manipulation to flood the market with their products instead of our own...just saying

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
And admittedly one thing I do not see ANYONE buying up in droves is Chinese cars...although I find myself wondering how many of the components are Chinese made...lol, what is more American made? The domestic that is 70% foreign made, or the foreign that is 70% American made? (Both of which more than likely have at least 50% Chinese made components) afterthought...maybe "assembled" would be better terminology than "made"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread