DNA40 Hana clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Your assessment is inaccurate and laughable. You know what they say about denial... Either way, both boards are really accurate, which is a win for consumers. I have to say, I get a kick out of you guys. It wasn't but a month ago that the Evolv huggers were saying that China wouldn't have the temp control working anytime soon. Well, it's already here. Now I guess is when the straw grasping begins? Huge props to Evolv for bringing temp control to the market, but putting out an unfinished product at a premium price is a terrible look. It seems like every chip they release is riddled with problems.

I don't give a crap if China has temp limiting working or not, they are to late. I'm all stocked up with Evolv dna 40s. :)
Regardless if you can only build up the yihi by bashing Evolv again I don't give a crap.
I have two dna 40s, one from pre-order and one from cyber Monday, they both work perfectly all the time.

So where is it that I buy this yihi with Temp Limiting right now?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I don't give a crap if China has temp limiting working or not, they are to late. I'm all stocked up with Evolv DNA 40s. :)
Regardless if you can only build up the yihi by bashing Evolv again I don't give a crap.
I have two DNA 40s, one from pre-order and one from cyber Monday, they both work perfectly all the time.

They're shipping next month:

SXmini Box Mod - M Class -Temperature Limited

There was one in Vegas recently with the temp-protection confirmed as working and accurate using a $10,000 FLIR .. ;)

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
I don't give a crap if China has temp limiting working or not, they are to late. I'm all stocked up with Evolv DNA 40s. :)
I have two DNA 40s, one from pre-order and one from cyber Monday, they both work perfectly all the time.

I'm not propping up anything. There's way cheaper working temp control units available now that aren't yihi. Evolv does enough stumbling on their own, they don't need my help. Here's a fun rundown. 1 Zna and 3 rDNA. Those are the amount of fault evolv products I've had, in one year. In fact, the only evolv products I've owned that worked flawlessly was my Darwin, and repaired Zna. I will never buy another launch evolv chip. After my experience it would be foolish.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I'm not propping up anything. There's way cheaper working temp control units available now that aren't yihi. Evolv does enough stumbling on their own, they don't need my help. Here's a fun rundown. 1 Zna and 3 rDNA. Those are the amount of fault evolv products I've had, in one year. In fact, the only evolv products I've owned that worked flawlessly was my Darwin, and repaired Zna. I will never buy another launch evolv chip. After my experience it would be foolish.

You see or perhaps you don't but you had a chance right there to explain why I might wish to own a yihi board but all you did was heap another round of rant on Evolv.

I also don't give a crap if "There's way cheaper working temp control units available now" or if you "will never buy another launch evolv chip".

I hope the yihi works for you, my experience with Evolv has been excellent.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
It wasn't but a month ago that the Evolv huggers were saying that China wouldn't have the temp control working anytime soon.

And they didn't. The product is not even out on the market yet and won't be for another month. Yet it is China "huggers" like yourself that on day one were claiming China had temp control and Evolv TC was DOA because some Chinese company wrote the words temp control on a website. Today they are still a month away and what about the actual chip they announced, that 250 watt monstrosity with a TFT screen monstrosity? Complete vaporware.

....ing dupes.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
And they didn't. The product is not even out on the market yet and won't be for another month. Yet it is China "huggers" like yourself that on day one were claiming China had temp control and Evolv TC was DOA because some Chinese company wrote the words temp control on a website. Today they are still a month away and what about the actual chip they announced, that 250 watt monstrosity with a TFT screen monstrosity? Complete vaporware.

....ing dupes.

There are people with Chinese DNA 40 clones in hand already. So yes, it's happening now. Am I buying one? Nope. I'm going to wait and see what yihi has to offer and let others be the lab rats this time. Most likely I will end up with the Chel's DNA 40 that'd coming out soon and hope that I finally get a working chip.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
There are people with Chinese DNA 40 clones in hand already. So yes, it's happening now. Am I buying one? Nope. I'm going to wait and see what yihi has to offer and let others be the lab rats this time. Most likely I will end up with the Chel's DNA 40 that'd coming out soon and hope that I finally get a working chip.

We're talking about the SX, review the post you quoted. We all know unbranded DNA clones can be trusted as far as you can throw them. Regardless, they are only hitting the streets now, after being announced last October. And completely different products than China thought we would have wanted back then. They had no ....ing clue what TP was or what it would be. This is what China does, when a company innovates and shakes up the industry, they put out bull.... to buy themselves time to rip off a working product. And dupes eat it up.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
The fanboi is strong in this thread.

Chinese knockoffs are here, deal with it. Yihi's presumably higher quality than a clone chip will be here soon. Deal with it.

Evolv had the TC market all their own for about 6 months and didn't move the needle much in sales, in the grand scheme of things. They simply didn't. They're just not set up for it, most of their boards end up in low volume mods, and if everyone wanted Evolv DNA40 products and had to wait for Evolv and their mod partners, well, there'd be about the same amount of Evolv products in consumer hands as there are now.

They price themselves out of the mass market when the most affordable genuine DNA40 device ever just hit the market at $140, and the most affordable genuine DNA30 device ever just recently dipped to $99, and people wonder why the mass market turns to China.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
We're talking about the SX, review the post you quoted. We all know unbranded DNA clones can be trusted as far as you can throw them. Regardless, they are only hitting the streets now, after being announced last October. And completely different products than China thought we would have wanted back then. They had no ....ing clue what TP was or what it would be. This is what China does, when a company innovates and shakes up the industry, they put out bull.... to buy themselves time to rip off a working product. And dupes eat it up.

Trusted as much as my 4 fault evolv boards I guess. lol.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
They price themselves out of the mass market when the most affordable genuine DNA40 device ever just hit the market at $140, and the most affordable genuine DNA30 device ever just recently dipped to $99, and people wonder why the mass market turns to China.

Wrap your head around the fact that Evolv's prices are perfectly fair. In fact they are likely more than fair when you look into the actual innovation they are responsible for, they don't charge much for that.

You simply don't understand or appreciate that flat out theft and terrible economic policies are responsible for the price differences. The reason people turn to China is because their labor has been directly pitted against China's near-slavery, and wages have been stagnant for a generation. This is a vicious cycle, and if it is not recognized and attacked, we will only spiral further downard.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Amigo, this American designed electronic part, which contains 2.94 billion transistors on the GPU alone, not counting high-end voltage regulation parts, signal converters, several high density connectors, and about a pound of copper and aluminun on the heatsink, sells for about the same price as an rDNA40. That's the result of at least two years of R&D from very large engineering and software teams, who are very well paid in America.

So don't tell me Evolv is charging a "fair" R&D price, or that Vaporshark is charging a fair profit for cost of goods, labor and packaging. They're charging what they charge because they can, not because they must.

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
No, totally agreed but they have the monopoly right now, once China has it cloned properly do you still see the masses going after the 300.00 dollar device's after they realize they can get the China clone at 1/3 the price?

They have trained all the reviwer parrots to say "clone/China is evil, genuiine is GOD" :laugh:

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway

....ing dupes.

Already answered by others.

Last edited:

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway

Chinese knockoffs are here, deal with it. Yihi's presumably higher quality than a clone chip will be here soon. Deal with it.

Evolv had the TC market all their own for about 6 months and didn't move the needle much in sales, in the grand scheme of things. They simply didn't. They're just not set up for it, most of their boards end up in low volume mods, and if everyone wanted Evolv DNA40 products and had to wait for Evolv and their mod partners, well, there'd be about the same amount of Evolv products in consumer hands as there are now.

What genuine dna 40 Device comes at 140 USD? I would like that.

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
Wrap your head around the fact that Evolv's prices are perfectly fair. In fact they are likely more than fair when you look into the actual innovation they are responsible for, they don't charge much for that.

You simply don't understand or appreciate that flat out theft and terrible economic policies are responsible for the price differences. The reason people turn to China is because their labor has been directly pitted against China's near-slavery, and wages have been stagnant for a generation. This is a vicious cycle, and if it is not recognized and attacked, we will only spiral further downard.

You think US is better than China? Well, think again, this is scary stuff
The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery? | Global Research
Ok, another discussion, but slavery it is.
If you take the time to read all of it, you might understand IBM, Boeing, Motorola, Microsoft, AT&T, Wireless, Texas Instrument, Dell, Compaq, Honeywell, Hewlett-Packard, Nortel, Lucent Technologies, 3Com, Intel, Northern Telecom, TWA, Nordstrom’s, Revlon, Macy’s, Pierre Cardin among others are as bad as any Chinese industry

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California

If EVOLV wishes to dominate the market they should mass produce their modules and sell them at the lowest price they can and still make money and maybe much more. The Chinese and the US manufacturers could just concentrate on making the box mods. It will be a win-win situation. Greed and arrogance maybe part of the equation here.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
You think US is better than China? Well, think again, this is scary stuff
The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery? | Global Research
Ok, another discussion, but slavery it is.
If you take the time to read all of it, you might understand IBM, Boeing, Motorola, Microsoft, AT&T, Wireless, Texas Instrument, Dell, Compaq, Honeywell, Hewlett-Packard, Nortel, Lucent Technologies, 3Com, Intel, Northern Telecom, TWA, Nordstrom’s, Revlon, Macy’s, Pierre Cardin among others are as bad as any Chinese industry

Yes, US is better than China. In many ways. We have many regulations to protect the employees and consumers that China doesn't. We have freedoms that China doesn't have.

Your link has nothing to do with your argument. Prison? They are criminals that are being punished. Sorry we don't have luxury prisons for our criminals. And why shouldn't they work to pay off their housing and food? Maybe it will be more of a deterrent for not committing crimes? Try finding a more neutral view on our prison systems than a bleeding heart liberal's view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread