Do I really have to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
so i can keep them in a cabinet out of the light and not around a heater?

Yeah, you will be fine , a cool dark place is all you need , i keep mine in the back of an old filing cabinet that always stays cool . I do keep Nic in the freezer in small 120ml bottles but you don't have to.

Hercules

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2016
Yeah, you will be fine , a cool dark place is all you need , i keep mine in the back of an old filing cabinet that always stays cool . I do keep Nic in the freezer in small 120ml bottles but you don't have to.

So can I keep my 120ml nic bottle in a dark cabinet instead of the fridge?

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
So can I keep my 120ml nic bottle in a dark cabinet instead of the fridge?
Thanks a lot Do you now the best cheap good tasting vendors flavor concentrates?

Check BullCityFlavors , they carry most concentrates and most are cheap in the 10 ml sample sizes.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
I bought a eliquid stand after I read that you can't have liquid in the light. How important is it to keep them out of the light and how important is it to put my liquid and nicotine in the freezer? Thank you

For juice that will be gone within a couple of months I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you want to store it a year or more that's a different story. Exposure to heat, sunlight and air (oxygen) all expedite oxidation which is the #1 cause of juice going bad. Juice stored in plastic bottles will oxidize fairly quickly even when stored in a cool dark place because oxygen permeates through plastic. Juice stored in airtight glass bottles will last for a long time if protected from heat and light. Semi-opaque (tinted) glass bottles help protect juice from sunlight (UV) when not stored in a dark place. Juice stored in a refrigerator remains fresh longer than juice stored at room temperature. As you dispense juice from a bottle it is replaced by air (oxygen) and even when resealed the newly added oxygen is free to react with the remaining juice...it speeds the rate of oxidation. Same for concentrated flavorings and liquid nic, tinted glass bottles are the way to go if you want them to remain fresh for longer periods of time and the cooler they're kept the longer they'll last. I don't freeze anything that contains flavorings.

As liquid nic oxidizes it turns ever darkening shades of pink or yellow/brown (depending on how it was manufactured) and develops a musty, nutty flavor. Heavily oxidized it can develop an off odor that smells something like "wet dog". Liquid nic stored in its original plastic container can remain viable for well over a year when kept at room temperature. Even in its original plastic container, nic stored in a freezer will remain viable for several years. Transferred into airtight glass containers with minimal headspace and stored in a freezer liquid nic remains "fresh" for at least a decade and perhaps much longer, no one knows just how long it will remain viable under ideal storage conditions....not yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread