Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
just started vaping with a Kanger Kbox mini, and an Aspire Pegasus, both only hold 1 battery, it it really feasable to spend the money on a battery charger when both items have usb charging ports ?
Ditto on the others postings.
Usb's on these types of devices tend to not hold up very well. I was just helping another member who's device is only a couple months old(to her) and it went south really quickly. So if you have a device that does have an external battery please charge it outside the mod itself. Plus you will need a second battery to use while the first one is charging so that you can continue to vape without waiting for the first battery to charge(which is what you would have to do using the usb port).

:)

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
makes sense to me, OlderNDirt, since my OCD with juices has already kicked in

That is a necessity in vaping. But then.......

Carnack says "then you will need more tanks for all those great flavors you've discovered. Then one/some of those tanks will need a little more power and/or battery life, new mod(s). And on it goes!"

Welcome to the rabbit hole! :D :vapor:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
just started vaping with a Kanger Kbox mini, and an Aspire Pegasus, both only hold 1 battery, it it really feasable to spend the money on a battery charger when both items have usb charging ports ?

Excellent 4 bay chargers are around $30.00 and many you can get for around $20.00 on sale like the Xtar VC4 which is the best charger i have used and i have had Efest Luc's and Nitecore's.

PS : Nothing wrong with being a tightwad , save money by taking your girl to Burger King and spend the extra $$ on important stuff like a good charger.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
yes... as the others have said

we have 3 kbox minis, love the little buggers, but one was my go to mod for about 6 months and would get charged in our trucks a lot(hey i drive a lot at times)... and now the usb port is loose despite me trying to be gentle. we also only bought a 2bay xtar(love the charger) and we now have multiple dual battery mods... and it sucks, when both of us have mods that need charging.

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
Let me try to put it as easy as I can, a USB output doesn't have the amps or the voltage to fully charge a 18650 to the full 4.2volts. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. The wait to find out was a tad too much time for me and I ended up picking a Nitecore 2 bay charger.
The regulated mod phase for me lasted just a week and I moved on for mechs. Then I bought a 4 bay charger (nitecore again as that's the only thing in reach at the time).

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I'm gonna be different.

No. You do not NEED an external charger. Since you're using single cell mods, balanced charging is not an issue. The mods have sufficient safeties in place, as well.

However, the life of the most mod and the battery will both take a hit, and charging will take longer.

So, you see, you don't NEED an external charger, but soon enough you'll either want one, or wish you had one...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I do have one mod I have never taken the battery out to charge. Call it my own little experiment, but so far, so good.

Temporary, you might get away with it. Long-term, I think you have to give in to the inevitable.

I agree with @Shawn Hoefer - may as well plan to buy.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
By not buying a charger, then another, then more batteries , etc , You deprive yourself of a another hobby;).....Yes , the hole is deep, oh so deep :(.......But in the other hand if you don't want to go there , as others have said, just charge through the mod , you will be fine ........Keep it simple ( not in my nature, but I envy those whom do)

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
we bought the charger after the first month and first spare battery... with only to topbox starter kits... yeah now we each have 2 dual battery mods (dripbox 160 and alien 220), with now 3 topbox minis, 1 dripbox 60w...

See! See how this works? Carnack smart! :w00t:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I currently have an 8 bay and a 4 bay on my deck... one is automatic, the other requires setting the bays individually. There's a 4 bay in my broom shop, and a 2 bay in the car.

This ain't no regular rabbit hole... those have bottoms... eventually... go ask Alice. I think she'll know...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread