Do more smokers switch to ecigs, or begin smoking and vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    When I first started vaping, I had a mental block that told me I needed an analog after dinner, even tho my PV had satisfied me all day. I would vape all day, then after dinner I would go outside and take a few puffs. Tasted awful. Put the analog out, went back in the house and caped the rest of the evening. Did that for 4 days, after that, never had an analog again. Just tasted too nasty!

patkin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2012
    Arizona USA
    I was "dual" for about a year. During that time I became pretty sure I wasn't addicted to nic but was mentally obsessed and dependent on the act of smoking or possibly addicted to chemicals in the smokes. When I dropped to 2 or 3 smokes a day, detox set in and it was so awful I bumped them back up to 5 or 6 for a while. Smoking or not smoking should never be turned into a moral issue... I mean ANTZ do that. I really, really, hate when I see that. We're here to help each other, among other things, and not judge each other. Many of us, as smokers, have dealt with harsh judgments and are recovering, to one degree or another, from not only smoking but the psychological and emotional damage done to us by those shaming and ostracizing. One's goals should be all that matters and they won't be the same for everyone. My health and economics mattered to me. I've reached the goals I set for myself. So, if I appear to be on a soap box here its, hopefully, for the eyes of new comers who may have gotten the impression they have to hide here the way they've had to elsewhere while smoking. We're here to help, not hinder.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    I switched from one or the other in my early days Ms. Audrey. First 2 kits would vape only, until the cravings got bad enough, then went back to smoking and restarted all over again.... Wasn't until my kit V4L arrived that I finally stopped smoking and only vaped... Haven't picked up a cigarette since, know my limits. I applaud those that can have one or two and go right back to vaping.... I will always be a recovering smoker. One puff will put me right back on to a 3 pack a day habit....

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2014
    Detroit
    customcabinetsbycasey.com
    I did the dual use at first, primarily because that's what I intended to do.

My first kit was to satisfy my curiosity, and hopefully save a few $$ along the way.

Over the course of the next 7-10 days, I was reaching for the pv more & more, until one day I'd only had 1/2 a cigarette.

It dawned on me that was a 'just-because' cigarette, and I was likely to be ready to try something I had never intended to do: stop smoking! ;) ;)

I kept my cigarette supply right where they always hung-out, and only caught myself reaching that direction a few times - more of a physical habit than a preference/crave.

The other thing was I didn't tell anyone! This was going to be my own little experiment, and if it didn't work out, it was going to be between just me, myself & I (a nice little trio ;))

It took about 2 weeks off tobacco burners until I I consciously recognized it would be okay to start thinking of myself as an ex-smoker.

That's when I told my saint-like wife that it looked like I'd quit smoking!

Her response: "Oh, I hadn't really noticed"

Yeah, a little less time in the workshop and more time with her!

Anyways, I am not fearful of a risk of relapse or feel any attraction to try a t-burner. The smell is okay, but no special sense fondness.

I totally embrace the concept of count the cigarettes you DON'T smoke, and know that when the time & feeling is right for you, is the precisely perfect time for you to make the switch.

tejas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2013
    East Texas
    I smoked for 41 years. The day I started vaping, I had a pack and a half of ciggies setting on the desk. I left them there, and didn't touch them for 3 or 4 days. Then I decided I wanted one, lit it up, and was disgusted by how horrible it tasted. Those couple of puffs is all I've had of analogs since I started vaping 18 months ago. I can't fathom going back...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread