Do not buy the RX200S!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
Hello everyone, I have been a lurker here for a while. Mostly on the DIY e liquid threads, which I appreciate all of you and the great recipes you guys create. I had to join today to try to convince others not to make the same mistake I myself have made. I will be attaching a video to this thread (I couldn't find a way to upload onto the website directly so it will be a YouTube link) of the mod itsself. I purchased a RX200S on 05/28/16 (I say less than a month in the video as I hadn't checked my invoice on Elementvape at that point in time, also with the week long shipping it's almost exactly a month) and have been using it ever since. It became my favorite within minutes and have been using it since day one. I had read that Wismec 510s were shorter than most companies and that Wismec only warranties if you use their atties. So since day 1 I have only ever put the Indestructible Atty on it, nothing else, ever. Well today 7/11/2016 I got the "atonomizer short" screen. You have no idea how babied this mod has been. Never laid on hard surfaces, never taken out the house, never put into a pocket. This is as babied as babied can get. So after roughly a months use its already a paperweight, I have sent an email to Wismec and will make sure to update this thread with ALL correspondence posted into this thread to give people better insight into the situation.. At this point though even if they replace it free of charge I will never buy Wismec again, there was no way I could of babied this mod anymore than I already did and to break in a month with no abuse is unexceptional. Please learn from my mistake and don't buy the RX200S.

Sorry for the long post but I needed to say what I said

Reactions: gofishtx

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
1. I have read threads where others haven't had warranties fulfilled on their original rx200 due to using other tanks
2. What do you suggest I do? Take it apart? The video shows it not functioning
3. I stated I will be posting all correspondence with the company but that I had to voice my opinion on a mod I have babied and broke in a month.

A mod should not break after 1 month of very good care taken to it. I have a Tesla tc100w as my outside house mod that I have trashed around and works perfectly, as well as my hexohm that works perfectly. Even my XcubeII that can't read ohms right hasn't broken after a huge e liquid leak I had from the TFV4 tank. I am sorry my experience with a brand who is supposed to be quality has upset you

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
O, my...
1. I checked Wismec warranty policy, nowhere there was stated that warranty is void because of use of unauthorized tank.

You didn't check very hard...

* Product failure or damage caused due to usage with non-WISMEC components

Warranty Policy - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

Crush the 510 pin using a non-WISMEC atty = voided warranty.

There is a solution to the problem though...

20160708_1348091.jpg

Fat Daddy Vapes 510 V4 Low Profile Short

Works like a charm and I can put any atty I want on it without fear of breaking anything and they all sit nice and flush.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
Have you tried to, ever so gently, pry the center pin up so that it makes contact again? Looks like you're really cranking down that RDA.
I will try that now once I get home. In the video that is the tightest I have ever screwed it. You have no idea how scared of the 510 I have been since day 1. As soon as it read ohms I would only screw it on until snug, never once forcing it. In the video I do go really hard with it as I'm trying to see if that was the problem

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I think what AT is saying is you haven't even allowed the company to respond and you are already bad-mouthing them. Saying not to purchase a companies device is going to potentially hurt their business. There is always going to be a small percentage of failure with any electrical device no matter how much you spend or baby it.SWith that being said I hope the company helps you and you get a quick resolution.

Last edited:

MegaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
USA
www.megavaper.com
Wait What? Ive had this same mod for like a week. Im not sure why people are saying to pry the pin... When my atomizer is not making a connection the message is "Atomizer not found". Hes getting atomizer short. Im thinking that is the coil in his RDA. Did you put this RDA on another mod and have it work?

SwagPapi

Jan 3, 2016
Okay, I can speak from absolute expierience from this happening it's not the device itself it is the RDA put on a sub ohm tank and it will vape just fine. The rx200/rx200s are super touchey when it comes to rdas. I've had the problem where the rx200 would say Atty short but I can take it and put it on another device say my limitless box mod and it fires just fine. What I would recommend doing don't mess with the 510 pin right away. Try a sub ohm tank first than mess around with your build triple check it's not touching anything to have it short and rebuild it if you have to be sure. I Bet the 510 connection is fine. I'm saying your rda build is messed up if it said no atty found then there is no connection tampering with that connector off the bat won't fix anything. Trial and error and your last resort should be messing with the 510 pin. I know their customer service isn't the best (from expierience again) but I've been vaping long enough and messing around with enough box mods and rdas and tanks and whatever else to know what could be wrong and it's not the 510 in this case. If it is than I'll be suprised.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
You didn't check very hard...

Warranty Policy - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

Crush the 510 pin using a non-WISMEC atty = voided warranty.

There is a solution to the problem though...

20160708_1348091.jpg

Fat Daddy Vapes 510 V4 Low Profile Short

Works like a charm and I can put any atty I want on it without fear of breaking anything and they all sit nice and flush.

Is there anywhere that can install this 510 on it for a reasonable price? This is my favorite mod and would love to use it again....

So I tried the prying the 510 up ever so slightly which has made it work. It now only reads ohms now though when the atty is completely flush though (like the very last possible turn to screw it on is when it reads it) instead of when it would read ohms while still screwing it on halfway

Last edited:

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Nevermind, you posted prying the firing pin helped. Try unscrewing the center pin in the atomizer too, if you can (I'm not familiar with that atty). You were really cranking that atty down. You might have pushed the center pin in the atty in too, as well as the connection in your mod. That may be why you're getting a weak connection now. If you can pull out the atty pin a little, it might fix the problem completely.

In the future, don't crank them down like that. It's unnecessary and you can damage your equipment.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
Nevermind, you posted prying the firing pin helped. Try unscrewing the center pin in the atomizer too, if you can (I'm not familiar with that atty). You were really cranking that atty down. You might have pushed the center pin in the atty in too, as well as the connection in your mod. That may be why you're getting a weak connection now. If you can pull out the atty pin a little, it might fix the problem completely.

In the future, don't crank them down like that. It's unnecessary and you can damage your equipment.

I completely agree, thanks. In the video I do crank it down but that was the first time I had done that, I usually screw it on just until it becomes snug. Unfortunately the pin isn't adjustable on the Indestructible.

Wait What? Ive had this same mod for like a week. Im not sure why people are saying to pry the pin... When my atomizer is not making a connection the message is "Atomizer not found". Hes getting atomizer short. Im thinking that is the coil in his RDA. Did you put this RDA on another mod and have it work?

Yeah I made sure the coils were held in place fine and did a test fire on my Tesla to make sure it worked as I found the two different messages confusing aswell.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
I completely agree, thanks. In the video I do crank it down but that was the first time I had done that, I usually screw it on just until it becomes snug. Unfortunately the pin isn't adjustable on the Indestructible.

Yeah I made sure the coils were held in place fine and did a test fire on my Tesla to make sure it worked as I found the two different messages confusing aswell.

Well you got me stumped then. Though I'm still going to suggest trying a different atty on it, just to make sure the mod is really the problem. The company may say they won't honor the warranty if you use any other atomizer on it, but....they aren't going to know if you don't tell them. Surely once just as a test wouldn't hurt.

If none of the above helps, you'll just have to wait for the company to respond. But do keep in mind that even the best company can, and does fail to catch all quality control issues in products that they sell. It sucks for the unlucky person who gets the defective device, but it can happen with any electronic product, from any company. The difference is number of quality control slips, and how the company handles their warranties. For that you'll just have to wait and see.

Don't get me wrong, I get why you're annoyed. I'd be annoyed too. And I'm no Wisemec fangirl. Don't own any of their products. I'm just saying that I'd wait to pass my final judgment on the company, until after you go through the warranty process and see what's up with that.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
Yeah I agree my thread was premature but at the same time I wasn't addressing an issue like the screen, buttons not working, battery connections being faulty. I was addressing an issue you can find pages and pages of on Google. In my view I saw it as me addressing an issue they had on their older devices that they failed to correct on their new one. The only reason I even bought the atty was to try to avoid this problem. It just is confusing that they made such an incredible mod and skipped out on the cheapest part of the mod lol

I would really like to do the 510 Completely Average has on his but I am not good when it comes to tinkering with things so would need to find a source to install it.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016

When watching my video again I noticed I got the "atonomizer short" screen at 43 seconds with no atty attached

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Try screwing the pin in a little on the atty if you can and then try it, yup, it can be a little fussy but I don't think the mod is broken. Either that or the coil wire is touching something causing it to short.

Have you no other tanks to try on it ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread