Status
Not open for further replies.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
This is good advice. Would you say any free trials seem to be legitimate at all?

While I can't speak for all free trials (of all products), I think I can safely say, all e-cig free trials that are being advertised on the radio and in browser adds are the same scheme/scam and should be avoided.

Fumes

Jan 29, 2010
Florida
Hello HighPing,

Thank you very much for your response about the ecig Diplomat being the same as the 801. The ecig company, and my local smoke shop, are charging to much compared to Nhaler.

Y'know what happened to me the other day? I was having a fun discussion on the `"UK Regulation of E-Cigs" thread, and some unruly administrator had the Unmitigated Gall to dump me on the side of the road. They could have easily asked me to stop, in a private message (because its UK business and Im just a punk American) and I would have gladly complied.
I would have expected this kinda treatment from an American Forum, but I thought you Brits were more sophisticated than us. Guess I was wrong about that, huh? SJ.

Never mind, at least Im welcomed on this thread. Im a noobie AND a colonist, and I know it !

Fumes:lol:

M & M

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Central U. S. A.
Hello HighPing,

Thank you very much for your response about the Ecig Diplomat being the same as the 801. The Ecig company, and my local smoke shop, are charging to much compared to Nhaler.

Y'know what happened to me the other day? I was having a fun discussion on the `"UK Regulation of E-Cigs" thread, and some unruly administrator had the Unmitigated Gall to dump me on the side of the road. They could have easily asked me to stop, in a private message (because its UK business and Im just a punk American) and I would have gladly complied.
I would have expected this kinda treatment from an American Forum, but I thought you Brits were more sophisticated than us. Guess I was wrong about that, huh? SJ.

Never mind, at least Im welcomed on this thread. Im a noobie AND a colonist, and I know it !

Here's a link you might find interesting. Message Board and Forum Etiquette | Email Etiquette Tips and Proper Practices

As you can see, ECF’s esteemed administrator did not come up with the rules because he is a Grumpy Curmudgeon. I imagine this goes for other forum administrators.
Now, back on topic. Beware of free trials....

Last edited:

Knapweed

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Vancouver BC, Canada
Hello HighPing,

Thank you very much for your response about the Ecig Diplomat being the same as the 801. The Ecig company, and my local smoke shop, are charging to much compared to Nhaler.

He was probably Welsh :D

j/k my wife is Welsh but it is a Brit thing to take the piss out of each other. Thank Odin she doesn't read these forums.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
Y'know what happened to me the other day? I was having a fun discussion on the `"UK Regulation of E-Cigs" thread, and some unruly administrator had the Unmitigated Gall to dump me on the side of the road.

What do you mean by "dump me on the side of the road". Just curious. While I don't agree with all the calls made by the moderators I agree with most of them and am more than willing to go with their calls. It's a pretty good board.

Sorry HP didn't mean to further derail your thread.

Last edited:

katkin

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
BTW: these are two that I have heard advertising on the radio...
http://www.smokeassist.com/
and
http://www.smokeassassin.com/

Wow do those look like the same company or what?

:D It was the second of those (advertising on my local radio) that got me to this forum. I'm afraid I've been exposed to far too many scams to fall for them anymore - the ad intrigued me, though. So I just went and searched for that company + scam. And ended up here. :p

Thanks to all here, I've found a couple of very good companies to spend my (despite my love of trying new flavors) less-than-cigarette prices money on. :D

I need to get one of those sig things. Broke even the first week. :rolleyes:

ZeeTo

Jan 20, 2010
California
  • Deleted by M & M
  • Reason: Off Topic

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
  • DC2
  • Deleted by M & M

ZeeTo

Jan 20, 2010
California
  • Deleted by M & M

Knapweed

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Vancouver BC, Canada
  • Deleted by M & M

Jokker

Jan 30, 2010
Miami
:-x

I've been wanting to try ecigs for awhile now, a pop up ad "popped up" for one of those "free trials" (KnightSticks) so i ordered, no other info till i got the comfirm email that said (1) the 10 days started when they shipped it. (2) after the 10 days i'd be charged $100 for the kit and $50 @ month for the cartomizers (not refillable) i didn't get the thing for 8 days and had no way of finding out when they shipped it... Thankfully i came across THIS site after searching everything i could on ecigs... after reading another thread on KS's i canceled my order the day it arrived, i have to admit they were easy about that and told me to keep it... i guess they were happy with my $5.95 s&h.

What they sent was under a different name (Royal Blues) and i have to admit i was impressed... 1st a little of my smoking background...i quit smoking pre rolled/filtered analogs about 7 years ago and have been rolling my own using American Spirit tobacco (100% additive free) ever since ... my smoking habit differs because i only "need" 3 or 4 hits at a time every hour or 2 so i may be smoking/needing less... anyway, on Day 1 the RBlue lasted all day !!! and i needed only 1/2 hand rolled analog in the morning, the other half that night... so maybe i wasn't vaping as much as most do but i liked this one and was sold on ecigs. Day 2, charged the batt (kit=1 batt, 2 cartomizers, usb charger) the 2nd cart didn't seem to last as long (or strong) so i reverted back to my hand rolled... knowing i had no more cartomizers i had no choice. Also, when i went to charge the batt i couldn't because i drew too much juice from my puter and a wall usb didn't work either... (worked fine the 1st time) no wonder they let me keep it !!!

Now i need help, the last week of Jan i ordered an eGo kit & extra juice (only 48 left) and i saw it wouldn't be shipped till Feb 2, no prob, i was willing to wait, while waiting i read all i could on this forum and learned ALOT !!! (Thanks to All who post/review here) One of the 1st things i realized was i'll need another ecig as a back-up but wanted to get started with the eGo 1st... waiting & hoping i would get it any day... today i went to the Janty site and see that they haven't shipped ANY eGo's yet, they were shipped out today.. ( so i look at reviews here to pick another and find a great vid review on the Revolver... Sold !!! go to the site and see " advance orders/ none in stock " Check out a couple more... "not in stock" (bangs head on desk)

O well, going to the store for more ASpirit... Thanks for letting me vent

:-x

Daifne

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Wisconsin
  • Deleted by M & M

ZeeTo

Jan 20, 2010
California
  • Deleted by M & M

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
  • Deleted by M & M

AKs0n-

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
New Jersey - Passaic County
To all new members that are thinking about getting into the world of PV's (e-cigs)...

Do not order "free trial" offers. Most of these companies offering so-called free trials are thought of as scams by most members of this forum.
I use the word 'scam' loosely, as they are operating under all the policies and conditions laid out in the fine print of their contract, so they are a legal operation. However, the shady practices they use qualify them as scams to me.

They will suck you in with the offer of free goods. Then, once they have your credit card number, you're hooked. After the 'trial period' expires they will charge your card for the device. Usually charging way more than the device is selling for elsewhere.

They will also start you on a plan to send you a supply of prefilled carts each month and automatically charge your account.

Many of these are selling inferior models at triple (or more) the cost that they can be purchased from one of the many suppliers listed on this forum. Do some research on this forum, and determine what model suits your needs best. Then make an informed purchase from a reputable supplier.

If you have already purchased and received one of these 'free-trial' offers, return it immediately! The trial period typically starts when they ship the product not when you receive it, so you don't have much time to act once it's in your hands.

Moderators: Can we get a sticky on this subject? It doesn't have to be this post, but this warning should be one of the first things prospective new users see. These scammers are giving the whole industry a bad name.

Edit Note: To anyone wishing to reply to this post and share their experiences, that will be helpful to others as well. However, please refrain from calling out any company by name. I would hate to see this much needed information have to be taken down due to posts that break any forum rules. I think just mentioning a company as a "free-trial supplier" is enough to cover all such companies. There are many of these companies out there now, and some even seem to change their name on a regular basis. The one that advertises on my local radio station has altered their name twice in the last 6-8 months, yet have the exact same script in their commercial (with just the name changed).

I messed up and placed an order w/ one of these websites THEN read all bout the routine billing even w/o you authorizing continued purchases after the initial order.8-o I only realised something was wrong cuz how my order ended. All i received was a "Thank You" on the website's page. No Confirmation #. No Tracking #. I never had that happen before when making a purchase online. Then it dawned on me, the website never even asked for my Credit Card's Security Numbers on the back. Thats when I googled like crazy, found alot of fraud complaints, called my CC, had em send me a new card #, and got my money back after disputing the charge. In the end tho:) it all worked out cuz that little scare had me stumble upon ECF! :thumbs::D:thumbs:

Rondakota

Feb 10, 2010
Omaha, NE
How then do you suggest someone try vaping first before spending $60 and find out it's not for you? I live in Omaha and as far as I know there are no places that sell e-cigs. I have read that there is a kiosk in a mall in KC. I am going to be in the KC area in a three weeks. Is there anyone living in KC that knows if that kiosk is still there and is it worth making the stop?

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Rondakota...Welcome to the forum!!
You can order a "disposable" (which as I have heard really aren't) from one of the suppliers listed at the bottom of the ECF home page. This is a really inexpensive way to see if it may work for you. You can also order a good starter kit for a lot less than $60 (cignot has a 510 kit for $35).
In general though, even if you find a retail outlet to pick up your first e-cig (like a tobacco shop or kiosk) you are going to pay a lot more than ordering something online.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
In general though, even if you find a retail outlet to pick up your first e-cig (like a tobacco shop or kiosk) you are going to pay a lot more than ordering something online.
Yes, forget all about your aversion to online shopping.
You MUST go online to get good products at good prices in this endeavor.

Check out the suggestions, or the Suppliers subforums here.
You can't go wrong, for the most part, with anyone registered as a supplier here.

emjee

Jan 16, 2010
NorCal
Before joining the forum, I made the mistake of ordering the smoke assist. I didn't like it for a few reasons. First, it gave no throat hit at all, and very little vapor to blow out. But more importantly (to me), it gave absolutely noo throat hit whatsoever. Not to mention the company kept screwing up the order (I ordered regular and they sent menthol) and when I called and told them they screwed up they offered to replace the twenty cartridges I paid for with only TEN of what I wanted. The people are dense because I explained to them three times what happened and they still said "well we will send you a "free" pack of ten of the one's you want!" Sheesh. Anyway, I called and told them I wanted my money back, to which they said to send back the unused cartridges and they would credit me. We will see if they make good on their word now since I sent it back last week. Suffice to say-STAY AWAY.
I then did a little more research and found "Vapor Tokers" and couldnt be happier. It's automatic, gives a tremendous throat hit, and tastes even better than my old brand, Camel straights.

AKs0n-

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
New Jersey - Passaic County
I sent back the BS asap, unopened, never bothered to try it out. Ordered a KR808-D from V4L Vapor King - spent bout the same for both. The one difference tho... V4L was quality delivered, the "Free Trial" was basicly sent in an envelope ffs... no thx.
Now I only order from sites who have representation, either here or on other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread