Do Not Order "Free Trials"!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since someone said that it's alright to name names, my first experience was with Knight Sticks. Honestly can't categorize it as a nightmare, but had that potential. The contract details stated:
"You will have a full 10 day trial period from the product ship date to try Knight Sticks. If you decide Knight Sticks is not right for you, simply call our Customer Service number to cancel within the 10 day trial period and you will not be charged any additional fees.
When you order the FREE Trial of Knight Sticks your credit card will be charged only $9.95 shipping and handling for a One Month Trial Supply of Knight Sticks (which includes one e-cigarette, two nicotine cartridge refills, one electronic lithium battery and a USB charger). You will have 10 days from the day your order is shipped to try Knight Sticks. At the end of your 10 day trial period you will be charged $99.90 for the e-cigarette package you received. If you find Knight Sticks is not right for you, simply cancel within 10 days of your original shipment date and you will not be charged. 15 days after you have placed the order for Knight Sticks you will be sent a month supply of 15 Knight Sticks refill cartridges and your credit card on file will be billed $49.90 plus $9.95 shipping and handling. Every 30 days after that, you will be sent a monthly supply of nicotine cartridge refills for the low price of $49.90 plus $9.95 shipping and handling."
To be fair the e-cig itself actually wasn't that bad. Good TH, fair amount of vapor, alright tasting. But if I’m reading the service agreement correctly and what I got was “a One Month Trial Supply of Knight Sticks… ” then they’ve grossly exaggerated. What I got lasted 2 days and I was not hitting on it that much.
What they neglect to mention in the contract is that you also have to send the product back if unsatisfied, which I found out after calling to cancel my subscription. In fact, the company’s rep mentioned this ONLY as I was just about to hang up the phone after 10 minutes of questions as to why I wanted to cancel: “Well, I’m cancelling because I’ve quit”
“Oh really? How did you quit?”
“Cold turkey”
“Really?”
“Yes”
“Really?”
“I said yes. Please cancel my subscription”
“Wasn’t quitting hard to do?”
To clarify, she was not making small talk. She simply did not believe me and was not about to let me cancel easily. Of course I haven’t really quit but she didn’t know that!
So to sum up what was said before, it’s generally a good idea – at least for now – to stay away from these “free” trials and instead visit this forum for truly excellent info.

My wife was almost scammed by one of these free offer trials. Fortuneately, my research on it led me to this site and I spent most of the weekend researching. We've ordered our first vapor king kits, plus alot of extras, from Vapor4Life now. We can't wait to start vaping. This community has to be one of the best I've ever seen on any forum. I'm almost proud to be joining it.

timmah34233

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Florida
I definitely agree with you on both the free trials and the mall kiosks, but I do have to give them some credit... I never would have known about any of this if not for the ads and the mall kiosk. So I am very glad I didn't buy from them, but I am grateful to them for introducing me to the wonderful world of vaping.

I have to second Aragael up to a point in my experience. The free trials motivated me to go with a legitimate seller after a large amount of online research inclusive of the great info here at ECF.

The sample I tried at a local mall kiosk is what convinced me to buy, just not from them. They're way overpriced at the kiosk: two to three times what I pay from my online supplier for home delivery.

So I'm grateful to the scammers also for those reasons. As a government chemist who smoked, I began researching tar and toxin free nicotine inhaler technologies in 1996. It was an add in a local free paper for e-cigs at a mall kiosk that led to my finally making the switch from tobacco to vapor.

Hello everyone! This is my first post here on ECF. Thanks to high for this thread to give the heads up on the scams.

In principle, we get for what we pay. The notion of "free" may already be a thread here. I'm gonna look.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Welcome to the forum timmah!

I also agree that the 'up side' of these places is that they are paying for the advertising that is getting the word out that e-cigs even exist. I know many of the ppl here are those that heard an ad on the radio or saw and ad in the paper. Then went to google to find out more, and stumbled upon the ECF. (there's always an up side).

Bobnoxious

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2010
MI
I just heard a story from someone that ordered the 'smoking assassin', I think that's what it's called. I've heard it on the radio, I think that's what Stern is pushing. I've fallen for 1 thing Stern was pushing, and it was nonsense of course. Between him and Bubba, they're just a bunch of radio marketers with commercials in between.

But, she ordered the smoking assassin thing back in like November, and had a rough time getting it. I assumed it had something to do with the FDA thing. She had to pay up front for a 6 months supply of carts. She did. And none of it showed up. She successfully received a credit for it, and then it showed up a couple days later. Kind of funny. Not sure if she is responsible to pay for it or not, but, not my issue and I don't care.

And I've read the reviews on it, on these forums. Which were bad. Free is just never free. I am so glad I didnt fall for it. I'm guessing I, or one of the other guys, will be talking her into something else soon.

Ajaxus

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
South Bend, IN
As a follow up to my post, the company I ordered the "free trial" from calls themselves Prado, their deal appears to be the same as the Knight Stix mentioned above..the exact same in fact.

I checked their online ordering system to try to cancel my order, and it doesn't exist in their system. At this point I'm hoping the transaction failed..it would save me the hassle of having to call them to cancel it once it arrives..and returning it.

Now back to playing my waiting game for my 510..mailman is running late today apparently, lol

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
I just wanted to second (third and forth) the thanks for this great resource.

Because of all the info I've found on ECF I talked my bf out of ordering an auto battery mini "starter" kit from (a web site) and he's going to wait and try out my 510 (which I ordered from cignot).

.. and he's the one who almost started the porch on fire last week when the .... bucket caught on fire.... 8-o

I'm hoping that this makes me a little less cranky, and gets boyfriend to want his very own 510 so he won't be starting any more fires.

Should have my 510 and juice samples (I ordered some from VT Vapor) by the end of the week. yay! (and thanks again for the great info here)

lopster

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2010
Las Vegas
i got caught up in "free trials" i was willin to pay 100$ to quit smoking. After i herd that there is "radiator fluid" (haha) in these i got a lil concerned and started searching, stumbled onto here... i ordered the 510 starter kit n patiently waiting. i must say, even the radio one has made me get off analog's. but the price difference n quality is insane. and this forum is awesome! great info, and awesome ppl willing to assist ppl like me. :)

i called one of these said companies a few months ago. i heard the commercial on the radio. when i called, they basically forced some offers down my throat, saying i would get a walmart gift card and a fuel gift card. i wanted to kick the guys .... whenever i would turn the spam he was selling down, he would say, "you dont want to be nicotine free in 30 days?
then, at the end of the call he claimed they were throwing in a 3 day vacation just for calling. BULLSHYT.
i called back the next day and canceled. :nah:

Ozonetripper

Feb 9, 2010
Wisconsin
Hello everyone I,m new to the forum,but not that new to the whole e cig thing.I purchased one of the SE gold kits in Dec.of 2009 they were having a winter sale of 70% off so I got the kit for 39.90 with shipping not a bad deal considering that there new E cigs are RN4081 I have no complaints about the E cig.The company on the other hand should be shut down.They charged my card over a month later with another charge for something:confused: i did not order anything nor did I receive anything in the mail.I thought they signed me up for auto cartridge shipping after reading somethings online about them.Any way to make a long story short I filed a fraud complaint against them with my bank & had to cancel my debt card & get a new one.Just wanted to let you know what there up to now!Oh by the way if you try calling them you get this message( sorry the mail box is full at this time )its been full for a week now go figure.WARNING STAY AWAY OR STOP DEALING WITH COMPANY.There are a lot of other places to buy your accessories from.

OneAsia

Moved On
Feb 23, 2010
manila
www.want2quitsmoking.com
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
ok I have the Njoy Npro but the coughing is really bad. Are there any VG cartomizers that I can use with this model. Help I need ideas. I really didnt want to buy a new unit but......I have COPD and my lungs dont like analogs. :( HELP
Edit: Nevermind, I see you have posted in the New Members forum.

kloey

Feb 24, 2010
california
ok, well i got scammed.. but as requested i won't POST ANY NAMES. I actually had to change my card number just in case. It's hard to trust sites these days, Ive only been ordering from zenvape cause the kits are cheap and the customer service is really great. i wrote them about other accessories and flavors and they actually do have them, they just havent posted their new items and shipping is free over $20.00.. it says shipping and handling flat rate of $15 but i emailed them and tried to negotiate. It's wrong.. its suppose to be free over 20 bucks so enjoy!! ive bought from them 3x so far and ive been very pleased!

I <3 VAPE

-Kloey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread