Do not use nail polish remover to clean attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMoreMarbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Maple Grove MN
Just curious , I also want to know how long to wait to clean it ? I seem to be able to switch between flavors easily without cleaning and it is not gunking up yet . I do have some rum and vodka on hand I read vodka does a good job at cleaning too.

Edit by classwife : I edited the title...there are some good cleaning tips in here.

Do not use nail polish remover to clean attys !!

Last edited by a moderator:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    In reality more atties are killed by cleaning than anything else.
    I simply flood my atty (two or three extra drops), and blow any crud build up out the bottom of the atty. If I think the atty needs it I will let it soak in alcohol for a while and then blow it out. I might do that once a month or so. There is no need to let an atty sit and dry out. You will find that alcohol a common ingredient in e-liquid anyway so any residual will simply be absorbed by your juice. Also never store an atty dry, there is a reason that they come with a primer in them. So always put a couple of drops of juice in them if you plan on putting them away for a while.

I'm using atties that are well over a year old, both for direct dripping, and on my REO.

Last edited:

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2010
    OK USA
    www.vaperstek.org
    Here's what I do and my attys are 6 mos old plus..
    Distilled water to boiling then 5 min boiling time, drain and repeat for a total of 3 times, then Into the oven for 30 min at 180degrees.. Works excellent..

Blow them out between last boil and oven.. And then I dry burn each one on a 3.7 batt or lower...I use a magnifying glass to watch the coil glow, dry burn a few seconds at. Time, you will know coil is getting clean as the glow will get brighter.. If it seems to be slow going on an atty and its getting hot, move on to the next one, and put that one back into rotation of dry burning...I use 3.7 on lr attys if you have higher ohms may need to bump it up...
    I use everclear mostly on large wicks.. Once I started cleaning my attys by boiling I have never looked back..

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Here's what I do and my attys are 6 mos old plus..
    Distilled water to boiling then 5 min boiling time, drain and repeat for a total of 3 times, then Into the oven for 30 min at 180degrees.. Works excellent..

Just like water dissolves juice, juice also dissolves water. There is no need to put them in the oven.
    Water is also a common ingredient in e-liquids.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread