ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I have noticed all sorts of specs in
cdfbf0221f88ea42aacc54213c468118.jpg
my Japanese organic cotton. I am wondering if I should cut around it or if it is OK to include in the wick?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Carefully peel off the "harder" exteriors of the sheets from both sides. Use the interior cotton to roll into your wick. That's the fluffy, absorbent part of the pad. Otherwise, use as is. If there's like a hard black lump that feels like a pea in the cotton, I'd pull it out before using the cotton to wick. But little blemishes like that? Nah.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Carefully peel off the "harder" exteriors of the sheets from both sides. Use the interior cotton to roll into your wick. That's the fluffy, absorbent part of the pad. Otherwise, use as is. If there's like a hard black lump that feels like a pea in the cotton, I'd pull it out before using the cotton to wick. But little blemishes like that? Nah.

Thanks, Eskie. Aka mr helpful!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

Also, I didn't know I shouldn't use the part with the "skin". So double thanks!

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Some people do, and some don't. I started doing that early when I found Scottish wicking which uses the fluffy inner stuff, and now do a sorta Scottish wick (not nearly as detailed in the pulling and fluffing) with the inner cotton and it works just fine.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
No problem using the outer layers. In vaping Biker's wicking test removing the outer layers didn't have much of an effect. And I don't remove the speckles.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have tried both the outer layers and peeling them off also. The outer layer can work really well when trying to wrap a vertical coil. But when i see those flecks my ocd kicks in and I try to remove them as best as I can. I just take a pair of ceramic tweezers to pluck them out. Or if my ocd really kicks in, then I will just use the cellucotton(rayon) as it has no flecks in it.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I have tried both the outer layers and peeling them off also. The outer layer can work really well when trying to wrap a vertical coil. But when i see those flecks my ocd kicks in and I try to remove them as best as I can. I just take a pair of ceramic tweezers to pluck them out. Or if my ocd really kicks in, then I will just use the cellucotton(rayon) as it has no flecks in it.

Yeah, I tried wrapping a vertical coil with rayon last night...no thank you! I'll stick with the cotton for those!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The Specks are Lucky. So Unless you want Unlucky wicking, I would Definitely leave them in.
umm huh...and if I buy into that you must have a bridge you would like to sell, or beach front property in NM.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread