Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Not for three years don't even think about tobacco now even on the very odd occasion I'm out and battery or juice runs out I never think about buying smokes. Think it's safe to say I'm tobacco free now, don't worry about a lapse its no big deal just carry on vaping and forget about it really not sure why anyone worries about these things to be honest.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Nope , if i wasn't 100% committed to stop smoking when i first started vaping i would of probably relapsed many times .

I have found that YOU MUST use the nicotine strength that is powerful enough to beat craving's fast , if you don't you have a very high chance of relapsing .

For me personally i would be devastated if i gave in and smoked a cigarette again let alone buying a whole pack.

Thats just me though , i am very hard on myself.

jensy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada
No I haven't had one in two years. The only time I get a slight fleeting urge is when I am coming down with something or if I have a couple of drinks. I just make sure I vape,vape,vape and will not give in. Went to Vegas where everyone was smoking and drinking and still did not have a cigarette. Just say no to yourself and move on.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Yesterday was Mardi Gras.

From drinking all day with ecig in pocket I broke down and bought a pack of smokes. I have been vaping heavily for about 2 years, but every time I drink in a party atmosphere I can't beat the habbit. Now today I'm heavy chested and filled with regret.

Do you ever break down like this? Any ideas how someone like me could stop doing this?

I would suggest some juice high in nicotine....like 18-24 mg....I take few hits off that and it takes any urges away immediately.

Reactions: Caterpiller

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Do you ever break down like this? Any ideas how someone like me could stop doing this?

No I don't so I look down upon you on you from my haughty heights with shame, judgement and disappointment. If you are a guy, man up right now and hit yourself in the junk with a rubber mallet. Do it! Do it now ya weak willed coward, and you'll never have another cigarette! If you are a woman, then you have to go on a date with Sonicbomb. That will teach ya.

Fresh kevin

Feb 4, 2016
Yea I feel like it happens to a lot of people. I've seen people break their vape and go the the store sadly and buy a pack. I personally have vapes for about 5 years. At first I smoked and vapes then quit smoking. Every now and then I buy some smokes. Usually when I'm stressed a lot, but honestly I hate the taste now. For me smoking one gets me realizing how much I like vaping over smoking.

Reactions: MMW

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
If you are a woman, then you have to go on a date with Sonicbomb.

Because I'm...
cGeM1PB.gif

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Get yourself a drinking setup that runs at a higher power than your usual setups, and fill it with juice that's 6mg stronger than usual.

Keep vaping your usual setup until the drink is causing cravings, then switch over.

I got the drink induced cravings during my first few months of vaping, but have now switched permanently over to higher power setups with 12mg nic. Don't get those cravings anymore.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Yesterday was Mardi Gras.

From drinking all day with ecig in pocket I broke down and bought a pack of smokes. I have been vaping heavily for about 2 years, but every time I drink in a party atmosphere I can't beat the habbit. Now today I'm heavy chested and filled with regret.

Some people are after reduction and some elimination.

Neither is completely right or wrong.

I'm an elimination guy. That doesn't mean I'm right as concerns anyone but me. But I rule me with an iron fist. I am either a smoker or a non-smoker.

If I ever relapse, and I'm as vulnerable as anyone else, I'll pick myself up, dust myself off and try and find what went wrong and start doing it all again.

Lotta good gear out these days. I been completely clean with modern gear over a year with no trouble whatsoever. With old school stuff I relapsed pretty often over a multi-year period. In fact with todays subohm setups if I didn't know my broken addicted brain I'd say relapse was impossible. However I do know my broken brain and relapse is ALWAYS possible.

Good luck on your journey.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I did a little over two years ago; for about a month. Beat myself up pretty good about it too. Then realized that life happens and f I didn't forgive myself and move on; that I would only do more harm than good.
Well moving forward now almost three years later this is my first look back at that period.
Never beat yourself up over a moment or period of weakness; just pick it up learn from it and move on with renewed strength ;)

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
I haven't had a relapse yet. Maybe it's the hobby side as well as the elimination that's keeping me from it. For me, It's a mental malady after the physical subsides. I think a lot has to do with the fellowship on here and the (mostly) nice folks. I have stopped drinking and other substances through similar paths.

Great group here.

Reactions: Rossum

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
No, and I'm coming up on two years. The first 6 months or so I dreamed about smoking all the time. I would wake up, and go to have a cig. Then it would hit me: d'oh! You don't have any cigs.

One thing I did the first few months was try to avoid other smokers. Maybe it would help if you didn't go out drinking for a few months? It can be hard not socializing in your usual way though. Best of luck.

Reactions: MikeyConti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread