Do you feel like you vape more than you smoked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edarlingb

Jul 8, 2013
UK
Yes; I definitely have the impression that I'm vaping more than I smoked (which was up to 40 a day). However, switching to vaping has given me a real understanding of the WAY that I smoked cigarettes. I would almost always have one lit, but I do a lot of work with my hands and I've realised that I probably only took about 6 draws from each one and 'wasted' the rest. Now I'm vaping, I find that I do something similar ie take about 3 draws at a time, then quite a lapse until the next. So I'm actually saving/winning all round - health and doubly with cost.

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
only been vaping for 10 days but yes i'm vaping alot more than i smoked. i was down to 6-7 marlboro lights a day. part of the reason for my vaping binges is the newness and novelty of it, other part is that i'm still experimenting with nicotine strengths and flavors. i'm thinking that after after a few months i'll have settled into a rhythm. but so far this has been a fun experience and i wish these things were available 20 years ago.

ziggytrix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Dallas, TX
Yes a lot more and I was told I would save money but that hasn't happened. LOL.. I think I'm set though for awhile. I look at it this way. I'm doing something to better my life and I feel so much better . I'm sure in time I will be able to slow down but right now I really like doing it.

You'd have to spend a LOT on vaping to cost more than chemo. At least that's my rationale for feeling OK about being $450 in the hole vs what I would have spent on smokes. :D

oopsi82

Jul 2, 2013
Melbourne, FL, USA
I vape more than i smoked, because i only smoked outside and now im chillin inside just going at it.. i dont vape as much during the day but at night its over especially in front of this computer... Maybe i need to check some of them fixes from the first page of this thread and cut down a little, but i love the flavors, so that might be hard. Besides, my fingers arent yellow anymore, i dont smell like an ashtray, im inhaling what like 4000 less chems, ill be spending less money ( eventually), and i enjoy it!

MadQuack

Jul 3, 2013
GA
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If I am just sitting around watching TV at night (like I am now) I vape a lot. Not so much when I was smoking, because I smoked outside, so it wasn't as convenient. I noticed this evening though, that I don't have that "need to smoke/vape" feeling I always had when I was smoking.

This. Sometimes I forget all about needing nicotine, but after I eat a big meal, I must vape. Cigarettes had more of a 45min. ritual-thing going on.

superdupergan

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
USA
I feel like I am about the same actually. When I am in the office I have to go outside to smoke or vape. Its maybe at home I vape a little bit more but before when I was smoking I used to take maybe a cig break every 1-2 hours. So maybe vaping a bit more, but since most of the day i am in the office it didn't increase a whole lot. if i could vape in the office, then it might be different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread