Do you fiddle with your thingy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainwife

Oct 25, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
It's been awhile since I stopped in, and seeing as tank 4&5 arrived today, I figured it would be a good time to show off the family.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399487162.170914.jpg

From left to right on the MVP 22mm halfling (arrived today and I adore it. So cute!), 22mm XL with red/black swirl (my first carto tank), 22mm standard with black swirl (also came today), 19mm XL in blue swirl, and on my itaste V3 is another 19mm XL in purple and gold.

I love my carto tanks. From the day first one arrived I haven't touched I cigarette. These were what I needed. I can't thank everyone at IBTanked enough.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I'm here to search out process for how folks handle juice changeovers.

Me...I'm lazy (would rather be vaping with---than playing with---my IBTanked).

Let's say I have my tank loaded with CHOColate and next want to try MINT.

And let's assume I get 500 hits from my 19MM XL.

Vape CHOC until tank almost empty (down to hole of carto) => fill with MINT => first 100 hits...CHOC => next 100 hits...CHOC/mint => next 100 hits...CHOC/MINT => next 100 hits...choc/MINT => last 100 hits...MINT.

(BONUS: I often discover unexpected surprisingly intriguing flavor combinations!!! :headbang:

brookj1986

Super Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Chicago, IL
Quick question... I use boge cartos in my Ibtanked. After the liquid gets to the holes, I typically refill as it doesn't appear that the juice would continue to pull into the carto itself. Does anyone vape past that point, and does it still fill into the carto? My common sense would say no, but common sense and science don't always line up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Very Happy for you Rain and glad we could be a small part of your success.

Haha Gerry, I have done the same and yes there is that bonus of following the flavor. This works very well with flavors that go together and even sometimes with surprising combinations.

Brook, I often vape a tank down to nothing left. You are right about what you would think not being the case here. I believe it is surface attraction at work there where the liquid coats the surfaces around the holes even though it is below them so it continues to wick in just fine.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I don't always fill when it's below the holes, and it's OK for a couple reasons -
1 - the carto itself holds at least 1 ml or so in the batting - remember vaping a carto with no tank?
2 - when you tilt it, juice still hits the hole, and is drawn in
3 - the reason it's "drawn in" is due to the tank holding some negative pressure. Meaning when you draw in air, it's going to PULL juice into the carto if at all possible (like if you tilt it while vaping). This is why a GOOD tank is important - if you didn't have good seals, then the tank would let AIR in, and that pressure to pull juice in wouldn't work. In other words, cheap crappy tanks won't wick well, but an IBTanked tank will...

Quick question... I use boge cartos in my Ibtanked. After the liquid gets to the holes, I typically refill as it doesn't appear that the juice would continue to pull into the carto itself. Does anyone vape past that point, and does it still fill into the carto? My common sense would say no, but common sense and science don't always line up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
I finally managed to murder one of my IBT tubes. I want to order one of the "elusive dots!" OK, what I really want is a "Rio Carnival," but in Abysse, Cloud and Merlot. Could I order those three colors in a "dots" tube and pay extra for that using the second color drop-down?

I see you got the elusive dots, they are not on the site and the first ones that went out went to China then to a few of our wholesale customers that leave colors up to The Girls. They are one of those things that can be asked for with the pick a color option though just by leaving a note in the field that appears when the option is selected.

Also wanted to say, I like the lolly look of the 22 HalfLing on an eGo. We first put some of them together at VapeStock last year and people gushed over them.

Good to hear you like your tank, we do our level best to make sure of that.

EDIT*** Hehe, just noticed you mentioned DFW. Were they low on stock of our tanks? We are putting together a substantial order for them now. Those were from an order placed at Vapefest In Vegas, thats how you got the dots :)

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
You guys don't charge enough. Just sayin'... :)

Hi Karen, for the Dots just mention it in the box provided on the color dropdown. You dont need to purchase color more than once for a couple/few colors. The extra color choice boxes are there for convenience for folks who are ordering more than one tube at the same time.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Ahhh, read my mind you did :D Very soon on these, I have been working on getting everything right for doing those colors and looks very good now, I can say for such a good customer such as yourself if you picked a regular color and noted Prism along with the color you wanted its a safe bet it would happen for you ;) Just be aware that these are different paints and we are limited in the number of colors but we can do similar to most of what you see in the Chinese Glass colors ie, red, blue, green, purple, smoke and yellow (amber?).

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Like1_zps1dabdd34.jpg

Like1_zps1dabdd34.jpg

Like1_zps1dabdd34.jpg

Like1_zps1dabdd34.jpg

Like2_zps733d4d50.jpg

Ahhh, read my mind you did :D Very soon on these, I have been working on getting everything right for doing those colors and looks very good now, I can say for such a good customer such as yourself if you picked a regular color and noted Prism along with the color you wanted its a safe bet it would happen for you ;) Just be aware that these are different paints and we are limited in the number of colors but we can do similar to most of what you see in the Chinese Glass colors ie, red, blue, green, purple, smoke and yellow (amber?).

Last edited:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
No such thing as a stupid question around here qorax. 21mm glass would be a tough go though and at that is only sized in 1.5mm wall (and that Quartz rather than boro) instead of 2mm which would be needed to get to the same ID as our 22mm caps which are made to fit a 17mm ID. Whats the application? Just wondering why that extra mm is a problem.

Dang that looks good Train, I will be getting the pictures ready soon and adding the PRISM colors to the option list. The Mrs has been using the same tank now going on three months with nary a scratch on it. We are quite pleased with the durability of these colors.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
No such thing as a stupid question around here qorax. 21mm glass would be a tough go though and at that is only sized in 1.5mm wall (and that Quartz rather than boro) instead of 2mm which would be needed to get to the same ID as our 22mm caps which are made to fit a 17mm ID. Whats the application? Just wondering why that extra mm is a problem.

I recently received my WAE-II (Wizard's Apprentice Evolved) which is a 21mm mod. I have a plethora of 22mm attys & tanks, as you can see from my signature, and none look that gr8 on this mod.

I also have a few 19mm IBTs, which I use on my Point Touch mods ~ and ditto, they don't meet my OCD on the WAE either ;)

For the love of my Sophias and Diver v2s I must solve the mystery of 21mm Tanks ~ and thought who better to ask than OCD himself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread