dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Divine_09.jpg

eagle_finished_1.jpg

Nice mods OCD! My next project is a wood box mod. Nice wood work, inside and out. It appears that you used a single block of wood to construct them. That is how I think I will approach my project. Was it difficult to mill them out?

The artwork on the lids is impressive.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Thanks guys, I do like the boxes.

The milling was not difficult as it was done cnc but there was a lot of time in the setup for them, especially the Divine box because I modeled it right down to every last bit of wire to get as short wiring runs as possible and make sure every part fit in its place before it actually went to the mill.

Internal Parts_2.jpg

I also adapted mamu's wiring a little where multiple wires ran to a pigtail to a single wire I used a single wire to pick up each contact along the way by piercing the wire with the pins on the chip or switch and soldering in.

My next one will be a 26650 and built in 6ml tank utilizing a Nivel chip if they ever get them back into production along with a mini of the same design likely using an 18500 and 19mm tank. I like the built in tank design for being packet friendly but the Divine with the 2 18650s is just too long.

Bad_Habit

This is Bat Country
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Fredericksburg Va/ FredVegas Baby
Just got my IBTanked glass in for the Chobra guess they were still sitting in the mailbox from yesterday - great fit - got all 3 on

Thanks for making the glass for these so we in the Chobra coop could benefit from your skills :)

Fast shipping and great fitment - will be deff coming back for other items :)

Picture48.jpg

Last edited:

icucme2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Costa Mesa, ca
thanks for the tip, i added an oring at the bottom, didnt even have to empty the juice i just slid the tank a lil.. way better fit.. thanks

Just got my IBTanked glass in for the Chobra guess they were still sitting in the mailbox from yesterday - great fit - got all 3 on

Thanks for making the glass for these so we in the Chobra coop could benefit from your skills :)

Fast shipping and great fitment - will be deff coming back for other items :)

Picture48.jpg

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Thanked Bored, always appreciate feedback... good or bad though we do hope more for the good :)

thanks for the tip, i added an oring at the bottom, didnt even have to empty the juice i just slid the tank a lil.. way better fit.. thanks

The other size I have is 1mm larger diameter so just adds a little more rubber to fill the groove. The ones the girls have been sending out are 10.1 x 1.6 and the new ones are 11.1 x 1.6 so whichever looks best is the one we will include and also recommend on the site for replacements.

We will be putting up a ton of orings on the site soon for folks who are mix and matching things and of course as replacements for our own stuff. I will try and check it out tomorrow but I have a pretty full day. I did check the ones being sent out now and it was a good fit but I thought it might benefit from being a little more snug just to be able to accommodate the variances in the ID of the glass. The glass we use is quality stuff, mostly from Simax and from what I have seen so far runs very close to spec but it never hurts to have a little insurance in the orings so long as they dont fit too tight.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I havent received mine yet but I have had the size confirmed a couple times now as noted by dsy of 20mm dia x 2.5 wt x 23mm length so the girls are shipping all of what has been ordered. This will go into the Common sizes in a few days though (after I get mine in) so I would wait on ordering because being for an import I will be doing these in large runs and they will be a couple dollars less. If you dont want to wait they can still be ordered as custom tubes.

I feel bad about the way that happens with this new stuff in that the first ones to get them end up paying a little more and they (you guys) are the ones helping me to identify these things. Its only a couple dollars but as I always say we want to offer the best value along with high quality. My problem is in trying to stay out in front. With the Chobra we got lucky and a member here sent me one from a coop sample so I was able to get it up before folks really started buying them.

Everything I do is measured in minutes so doing a single or even just a few of a certain size as compared to a couple hundred simply means more minutes in each one. I hope everyone understands and doesnt feel like they ended up paying too much.

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
Nice shot Bad Habit, Did you use our orings with those? I have another size a little larger I am going to check to see if they give a little more snug fit but as long as there are no leaks everyone is happy.

I should have my Chobra glass soon (hopefully tomorrow) so I'll let you know about the o rings as well.

Two out of three Chobras leaked with the supplied o rings (smaller ones). I'll definitely need the thicker ones.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
BA, please send a note through the contact form on the site and let the girls know you need the larger Chobra orings and your address and order number and they will send them right out to you, also be sure to note how many tubes you have. I just checked on mine and I was able to go up to 12.1 x 1.6mm orings and they are nice and tight but not overly much so this will be the size we will ship from here on out.

The offer above applies to anyone who has purchased the Chobra tubes, just please be sure to include the order number so they can reference it.

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
OCD:7765229 said:
BA, please send a note through the contact form on the site and let the girls know you need the larger Chobra orings and your address and order number and they will send them right out to you, also be sure to note how many tubes you have. I just checked on mine and I was able to go up to 12.1 x 1.6mm orings and they are nice and tight but not overly much so this will be the size we will ship from here on out.

The offer above applies to anyone who has purchased the Chobra tubes, just please be sure to include the order number so they can reference it.

Thanks, OCD, I'll do that today.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
BA, be sure to let us know that they work out when you get them. You can be certain that in the end we will work it out and apologize for your having to wait, this is a relatively new tube for us and nailing down just the right oring can be a bit of a pain. We could just sell the glass and leave the oring up to the customer but if we can provide what is needed so you guys can simply use it out of the package then we feel more like we have done our job.

Shadco, thanks :) More the merrier when it comes to thingys ;) Guessing you meant the DuD though since it is beveled, just wanted to clarify that so the next reader doesnt start wondering. The Did glass is very thin walled @ 1.2mm so not much to bevel. It is also a perfect match on the OD so fortunately no need. That if for the DID and DID Shorty, the mini will take a bevel, we just havent gotten to it as of yet. Right now trying to keep up with current orders and get ahead on inventory for some of the new stuff but soon there are several things I will be exploring.

One thing about me is my OCD is almost more of an ADD or a combination of the two. I dont wash my hands 200 times a day or have unusual quirks but I obsess over something then move on. Kind of tough to describe but you can imagine learning how to use MS Access database program, in 3 weeks having had no formal prior training I built a point of sale, order, inventory and customer tracking system for a Tire Store then never used Access again :/ Just love learning and am constantly compelled to research and apply what I can glean.

All this is to say, keep watching this space 'cause ya all havent seen anything yet ;)

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
BA, be sure to let us know that they work out when you get them. You can be certain that in the end we will work it out and apologize for your having to wait, this is a relatively new tube for us and nailing down just the right oring can be a bit of a pain. We could just sell the glass and leave the oring up to the customer but if we can provide what is needed so you guys can simply use it out of the package then we feel more like we have done our job.

Trust me, I understand. I was fully aware that it was a brand new product so no apologies needed. We are all glad that you and the girls are here to make these great tanks and to make these rebuildables better for us.

I'll keep promoting you and your business. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread