Do you guys get pop up ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Hey guys. Sorry for starting a thread to ask this. I tried to find a way to simply contact a moderator to ask but I'm not sure how to do that. If anyone can tell me that would be awesome.

Lately I've been getting pop up ads like crazy on this site. It happens almost every time I click on a thread. I am using Chrome as my browser, and currently using Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials as anti virus/mal/ad etc with active monitoring enabled. I have pop up blocker enabled but keep getting these ads like crazy. The thing is that it only happens on this site. Is there a way to disable this within ECF?

Sorry for the noobish question but it's making me crazy. Any help would be awesome.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Ok so check this out. After dealing with this annoyance for like a week and a half, I just noticed that these ads have a 'setting' icon just beside the 'x' icon. Out of curiosity and desperation I clicked on the ad's 'setting' icon (hoping for a self destruct option) and whoah! There is a 'suspend ad' option. It allows you to suspend the ad for different duration selections, or forever.

Oh well. If you guys are getting them check it out. I tried it a few minutes ago and no ads so far.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
What would I have to do to become a 'supporting member?' I would imagine a form of financial contribution?

Click on Supporting Member on the left above one of our avatars. It will take you to the info page. Yes, there is a yearly, recurring fee to be a supporting member.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Looks like you've found your solution. I'm not yet a supporting member, I'm on Chrome and never a pop up. If you do ever need to contact the Mods, click on the Site Feedback and Help area, scroll toward the bottom. All the Mods are listed there. You could click on their name or just post in the Site Feedback and Help area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread