Do you have a Brick and Mortar Store Devoted to E-Cigs and Vaping in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
Canada
It was a joyous occasion to have a store dedicated to e-cigs and vaping open in our very small town of 20,000. Buying merch online is fine, but it is quite exciting to go into a place so you can handle the items, try out e-liquids and chat with other folks that have the same hobby.

Nope. The tobacco stores have no-nic disposables, and crappy starter kits, along with 0mg juices (at $25 per 30ml). I've seen a few people around smoking those, but I haven't seen anyone with a decent kit around my little town yet. I'm almost considering buying some bulk stuff and setting up a stall at the flea market/farmers market to see what happens. Nothing major, maybe drop $500-$1000 on merchandise and if there turns out to be no interest just re-sell it here at cost or via kijiji or something.

Given how great my experience has been thus far, I think that anyone who smokes could be converted if they had a chance to talk to a knowledgeable person face-to-face about vaping (not me yet, but I'm a fast learner and money is a good motivator). I spent years in sales, and can sell ice to a snowman, so seeing this gap in the market (eg. the difference between talking to experienced vendors online vs the guy working at the gas station who knows nothing about the vape scene) it seems like it would be an easy sell.

Last edited:

Ashlee Foltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have 2 within a 15 mile radius of home. I got started going to The Vaporium in Lakewood, WA. Got my smoov starter kit, discovered ECF and have been ordering online since then. I like having it close though, so in an emergency I can run down and get what I need. And they let you try any of their flavors, so when I have some more time, I am going to go back and spend a few testing weird flavors to see what I love and can't stand. I just have to manage to be away from my kids(mini vacation to the vape store) Lol

adbelt

Sep 10, 2012
Buford, GA
I've got three stores within twenty miles of me and two more not much farther away. I get most everything from them, two shops mix their own juice and one has done several customs for me. I love the fact that I can watch them make my juice, it's one thing for a website to tell you their ingredients, but another to know for sure what's in it.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
None yet in New Orleans. However, I visited both locations of Smokin' Vapor while on vacation in Panama City Beach and Destin, FL. Very friendly people and decent prices. It was great to be able to actually see gear in person that I had been considering buying.

i hope new orleans gets one soon

Mymamacat

Jul 24, 2012
Ny
There is One place I know in a neighborhood I stay out of.. So in a monster city like mine It's crazy this is the only place..
There is another place out in LI that I can order online and go pick up later in the day at a certain time but sadly forgot the name of the site and haven't been able to find it ..

I'm in Queens as well but have only been to one vendor store, Eliquid Planet. Wish there was another closer.....in a good neighborhood. My niece lives in the sticks in Tn and orders from Vaping Zone. She's hooked on their sub zero and strawberry flavors.

Lbox88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
West Michigan
I have 2 here in Grand Rapids MI.

Mister-E Liquid - they are already talking about moving to the north side of GR or over to Lansing tho because they are outgrowing their building. They have only been there for 6 months.

Kalamazoo Vapor Shop - Based out of Kzoo, they opened a new store here in GR and are going to have a grand opening event after the elections are over and TV commercials aren't so dang expensive.

Jellyfish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Philly Burbs
Vaporphoxxe Lounge in Horsham, PA. I made a whole thread dedicated to how much I loved them! They sell the basics- but they also make their own juice AND flavors on-the-spot, bottle by bottle. AND they sell mods and mod stock items, plus there's a lounge, vaper bar, and BYOB!

j4mmin42,

Thanks a heap for your post. I did a search the other day for a local vapor shop and the only place I could find near me was in Conshohocken...but they were primarily a mail order company. This is really exciting and now I'm off to search for the thread that you mention in your post. Looks like I've got a 45 minute trip planned for next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread