Do you like or dislike the smell of smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMKNOMOR

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
salem ma
Now I really like the smell of smoke. Living here in China where about 80% of men smoke

How do others feel about the smell of smoke now?
Holy smokes!! 80% so thats where all the smog is coming from.

I cant stand the smell of smoke and even worse is talking face to face with someone who just smoked a cigarette or walking by someone who just did.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I didn't stop being a smoker, I just found a better smoke. Now, it's only been a couple of weeks, but I have no problem being around smokers, still like the smell of burning tobacco... just prefer the nicotine fix and flavor availability of vaping.

I've had a 'Support Smoking' ribbon magnet on the back of my car for years, and I ain't taking it off. I didn't quit, I upgraded.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Well, I can't stand it now. An ex-gf of mine came down to visit around New Year's, and we drove down to Mandeville for a party & then to New Orleans the next day & on home... about 9 total hours in the car with her. Every time she fired up a ...., I had to put the window down, and it was still pretty gross. Of course, I'll never openly complain; I spent 26 years stinking up everywhere I went, so I really don't have a right to.

I agree, I can't stand the smell of it... My boyfriend still smokes and it is hard to kiss him and not smell it... He tries his hardest to get it off his hands, face, mouth, body... with cologne, washing his face and hands, brushing his teeth and using listerine, but I still smell it... I think it stinks :)

Amy
xox

jeffyh

May 2, 2011
I always hated it, probably cause my dad was a chain smoker when i was very young. That smell permeated everything. I never really smoked analogs and I got my nic-feindin from dip so that might have something to do with it.

I remember when they passed the no-smoking inside law. Every night out at the bars before that would leave me reeking of smoke and my lungs would just hurt from being there, especially after 12 hrs in a nyc club. I can't say that I approve of PVs being lumped into that, but that definately made me happy.

chelino

May 9, 2011
South Korea
Pipes are great. Cigars remind me of my grandpa and father. But cigs just plain annoy me.

Here in SKorea I think the smoking rate is similar to China's. You can still smoke in some restaurants, most bars, school campuses, bath houses (in certain sections), on he street, in your home, almost everywhere. I see people smoking in all of those places.

Nicko

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
China
Thanks for all the replies. I never expected to get so many, so fast. As a high school teacher, I'm in the strange position where I still don't feel comfortable using my e-cig in front of my students. Not at school anyway. But I still see Chinese teachers puffing away on their analogs and nobody cares about the smell. I have even seen them smoking in the classroom! I really hope the anti-smoking nazi mentality never comes here, because it's just nice to see people relaxed and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread