Do you like or dislike the smell of smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
Never did like the smell of cigarette smoke. That was part of the reason I quit. I just about gag when I come out of a store and you get that cloud blast of smoke. I remember as a kid loving the smell of my parents friend who smoked a cherry pipe tobacco though. Very seldom do you see anyone smoking a pipe anymore. If I never smelled another cigarette again it would be too soon. However, I have and will continue to hold my tongue provided I am not in a confined space.

mortios

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Wheeling, WV
I can smell second hand smoke on clothes now that I've started vaping and it SUCKS. It's like people have been rolling in my old ash tray in my computer room that i never seemed to get around to emptying until it overflowed. I still can't really smell the smoke itself, but I'm chalking that up to a bit too much "recreational" use of my nasal cavities when I was younger. I'll get a whiff of fresh smoke every once in a while, and while it doesn't make me gag, it damn sure isn't something I'd want to use as an air freshener.

ZeldaKitty

Apr 16, 2011
Portland, OR
I never liked the smell of smoke, but now it makes me downright queasy. Probably the ONLY bad thing that has come from switching from smoking analogs to vaping is that my sense of smell, which was very sensitive even when I was smoking, has become ultra-sensitive! Of course, I'm very aware that I used to smell like this myself so I try to keep the public dry heaving to a minimum! I'm hoping this is just a "phase" that I'll grow out of!

btight

Mar 29, 2011
VA
When I was getting closer to vaping, I started to dislike the smell of analogs. I understand now why so many people disliked the smell. My analog was an ultra light, so many people didn't complain and I didn't smell of smoke as much. Now, I really don't like the smell @ all. Wish I had started vaping much sooner. Trying to convert everyone I know, not just for the smell; to let them see what they are missing.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
I hated the smell of smoke, even when I was a smoker! When I smoked, I'd do it outside, no matter what the weather was, and even held my arm as far away from my body as physically possible. Before going inside, I'd spritz myself with Fabreez! LOL! If I was around other smokers, I never stood too close. Now, after 9 months analog free, if I even pass by a smoker, the smell of smoke turns my stomach. Also, HATE how people smell like dirty ashtrays and can't believe I was once one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread