Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar Vape Shop or buying from an Online Vape Shop?

Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar (B&M) Vape Shop or buying from an Online Reseller?

• Buy from Brick & Mortar (B&M)

• Buy from Online Reseller (e.g Fasttech)

• Buy E-Juice at B&M

• Buy E-Juice from an Online Store

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from B&M

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from an Online Store

• Prefer E-Cig Sticks (e.g EGO/EVOD)

• Prefer APV (Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage)

• Prefer Mechanical MODS

• Prefer Both APV and MODS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I went to my first B&M today.

I really liked the fact that I could sample any juice they had with ease and I ended up buying a couple of bottles for that reason.

However, I didn't like the fact that while they had a bunch of other equipment, none of it was displayed very well or labeled or priced. They had some behind the bar area set up and some in display cases, but being new to this, I didn't really know what anything was and didn't really want to ask. I like that I can look at a website and it shows me exactly what something is, what it does, and what it costs. It seems like they should have had a menu (and maybe some do) or something that showed everything they carried and the prices.

And finally, I felt a bit out of place. I was young once and blazed a lot of trails, but now in my mid-40's, I dress a certain way and look a certain way. The whole time I was in there, I felt like I was in a head shop and we were about to get raided. The people working there were very nice, but most of the visible skin was inked (and for the record, I have three tattoos, so I'm not a prude), most of the hair color was not natural, and piercings were aplenty.

I might pop back in from time to time to get some juice, but I'll be buying most of my stuff online.

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
I prefer the B+M store I go to. BUT... I also can't get everything I want from them. I buy a lot of liquid online because it's way cheaper but I also buy some of my local stores flavors because they are great tasting. Thats where my fav one comes from so I buy those there. So I guess it's 50/50 for me. I'd buy just about everything at my local shop if they had all I wanted.

mentaleeill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
jackson, nj
i prefer buying from a local b&m shop, unless they dont carry what im looking for. this goes for my vaping supplies as well as my other hobbies; cars, paintball, etc.. i do this for 3 reasons, 1- id rather contribute my funds to help a local establishment, 2- i like to be able to touch(see) what im buying, 3- im too ansy to wait for things in the mail( usually wind up overnighting and paying alot more!).

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
I wish more B&M's existed. Around here, one can get ecigs/supplies from brick&mortors, but they're "head Shops". Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the last time I went to one to inquire about their products, I knew more about them than they did. Not a good sign. They are in it for the money, not for the customer.

Our local Fastrack gas station now sells Njoy and Blu... oh well.

THETOTALLYCOOL

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Spanish Harlem
I went to my B&M today to buy some clearomizers. I know their prices are higher than on the web, but that's okay. Good store with nice people, but when I asked about T3 minis, they'd never heard of them. I thought that was strange as they have the newer T3S models.

I think our attitude has changed about retailers due to mass-merchants, Walmat, Best Buy, CVS, Home Depot. The little guy can't possibly compete with the chains. But I bought some expensive juice, just to be nice, mostly.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
Ever since I discovered the online vaping community, I don't have any reason to go to a B&M unless they got an ejuice or sold out item I absolutely need. There are so many good deals online I have to save my money for those items. B&M has it's advantages especially if you need a battery, clearomizer or ejuice until vapemail arrives. :)

Zee2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
I like B & M much better, I prefer getting my purchases on the spot rather then waiting on the mail.
I also prefer trying my e-liquid before I buy it, I have enough flavors sittin around I didn't like after receiving :(

Now if I want something I don't feel I can get around here then yeah I'll buy it off line.... like I wanted a sexy lil embossed battery (they're pretty) so I ordered it off line. I admit, I didn't even look around here, but only because I had never seen it around here.

Plus I have to add, I live very very close to an Altsmoke, for those who have never been in one they are just beautiful little stores, making them a joy to go to......

for reference: images.jpg

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I love going to my local B&M (Vaperite)! They have so much cool stuff, and it's awesome to be able to sniff the juices before buying. I found my current ADV by sniffing their tobacco juices while waiting for them to mix a custom juice for my aunt. I also love the instant gratification. It's still fun to get a package, but I'm so finnicky about my juices that it's awesome to get to sniff things before I pay money for them. I can usually at least rule out things I DON'T want to try, which saves me some money.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I like B & M much better, I prefer getting my purchases on the spot rather then waiting on the mail.
I also prefer trying my e-liquid before I buy it, I have enough flavors sittin around I didn't like after receiving :(

Now if I want something I don't feel I can get around here then yeah I'll buy it off line.... like I wanted a sexy lil embossed battery (they're pretty) so I ordered it off line. I admit, I didn't even look around here, but only because I had never seen it around here.

Plus I have to add, I live very very close to an Altsmoke, for those who have never been in one they are just beautiful little stores, making them a joy to go to......

for reference: View attachment 244598

Thanks for sharing that picture. I hope more B&M's are that welcoming and well designed.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
What do you mean sniff? They have samples you get to open and smell? Do they allow you to vape samples?

They have a little area with couches and a coffee table in the middle that holds a spinning display of different juices. I think you ARE allowed to vape them, since they have different nic strengths, but I've never tried! I just sniff them. Their sample prices are reasonable (about $2 each) and so far I haven't disliked vaping any that I enjoyed sniffing.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My B&M scene is about 50/50.

One of them, Smoke Screen LLC., is simply amazing. You can try anything, I mean almost anything. They tend to even have display models of APV's that you can try out a bit, or maybe I'm special. They have a couch for you to sit and chill and in fact, they encourage it. I can't tell you how many times I was in there for a "quick pickup" that became a 2-3 hour vape session just sitting there chilling with the employees and some of the customers. Also, pricing is great! The average on an eVic is $105, they sell it for around $120 and marked it down to $99 for a sale a few weeks back. That's a markup I can live with. Returns? Also awesome! My eVic broke the first week and they swapped me for a Vamo V2, trustfire charger, and 2 EH IMR 18650's no problems, no complaints.

The other, EZ Vapors, isn't bad, they're just a bit overpriced...Ok, more than a bit. That's all I know. I've never been inside because I saw their prices and just kept going. The juice is priced about average, so I may try out some of their juice soon.

For some things, mostly things that Smoke Screen doesn't carry, I go online. I'm also gonna order some juice soon. I'm thinking def some AVE Boba's Bounty and some assorted juice from HHV...

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
My B&M scene is about 50/50.

One of them, Smoke Screen LLC., is simply amazing. You can try anything, I mean almost anything. They tend to even have display models of APV's that you can try out a bit, or maybe I'm special. They have a couch for you to sit and chill and in fact, they encourage it. I can't tell you how many times I was in there for a "quick pickup" that became a 2-3 hour vape session just sitting there chilling with the employees and some of the customers. Also, pricing is great! The average on an eVic is $105, they sell it for around $120 and marked it down to $99 for a sale a few weeks back. That's a markup I can live with. Returns? Also awesome! My eVic broke the first week and they swapped me for a Vamo V2, trustfire charger, and 2 EH IMR 18650's no problems, no complaints.

The other, EZ Vapors, isn't bad, they're just a bit overpriced...Ok, more than a bit. That's all I know. I've never been inside because I saw their prices and just kept going. The juice is priced about average, so I may try out some of their juice soon.

For some things, mostly things that Smoke Screen doesn't carry, I go online. I'm also gonna order some juice soon. I'm thinking def some AVE Boba's Bounty and some assorted juice from HHV...

BB is my favorite ejuice as well as the PG Hype. I haven't ordered yet from HHV but they're on my list to try. Copper Creek has a really good tobacco called House Blend and Voo's Broo. They are nothing like BB but in their own category of complex flavors. Good Life Vapor has a Melon Boba which I like. In my search for a sweet tobacco I've tried El Kamino and Tribeca but it wasn't for me. What I like about vaping is that there are so many flavors to try and there are always good online deals. I don't have a B&M in my area but I'm sure someone will open one in the near future. In away not having a local B&M is good thing because I rely on reviews from ECF and it gave me a reason to dive into DIY.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
BB is my favorite ejuice as well as the PG Hype. I haven't ordered yet from HHV but they're on my list to try. Copper Creek has a really good tobacco called House Blend and Voo's Broo. They are nothing like BB but in their own category of complex flavors. Good Life Vapor has a Melon Boba which I like. In my search for a sweet tobacco I've tried El Kamino and Tribeca but it wasn't for me. What I like about vaping is that there are so many flavors to try and there are always good online deals. I don't have a B&M in my area but I'm sure someone will open one in the near future. In away not having a local B&M is good thing because I rely on reviews from ECF and it gave me a reason to dive into DIY.

I know! I hated it when they took all the flavors from analogs. When they tried to do away with clove cigarettes I almost had an aneurism. lol Of course they just became clove "cigars", which were better anyway as I'm sure tobacco wraps can't be as bad as flame ......ant paper...
And even for tobacco and menthol flavors there's so much variety! I couldn't smoke menthols, but I love to vape all kinds of mint and menthol flavors.
I got into DIY anyway, and then used my first cartomizer and wanted to cry cause I can't rebuild those. lol
Now I use cartotanks and rebuild coils for friends at $1-$1.50 each depending on whether they bring in their old ones for me to use for the next guy. Helps me buy my cartos and practice my coils, which I need cause I do have an RDA to rebuild as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread