Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar Vape Shop or buying from an Online Vape Shop?

Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar (B&M) Vape Shop or buying from an Online Reseller?

• Buy from Brick & Mortar (B&M)

• Buy from Online Reseller (e.g Fasttech)

• Buy E-Juice at B&M

• Buy E-Juice from an Online Store

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from B&M

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from an Online Store

• Prefer E-Cig Sticks (e.g EGO/EVOD)

• Prefer APV (Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage)

• Prefer Mechanical MODS

• Prefer Both APV and MODS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
Based on the current poll results of 68 voters, it's 50/50 that people generally buy from a B&M or Online Store.

45% prefer to buy ejuice online and 32% from B&M.

More people prefer APV at 32% and 22% own both APV and Mechs.

Thanks everyone for participating. Let's see if those numbers change in the next month or two.

Revelene

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Kentucky, USA
There are only 2 local shops near me... one being a really bad store where they sell a lot of clones and they know nothing about vaping and the other is a Volcano kiosk. I like Volcano but they are a VERY limited company and only sell their own stuff. So for me online is about the only way to go. As far as the device goes I use APVs in public and use mechanical mods at home.

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The mark up in B&M stores is too much therefore i do all my shopping online. I went to try a vape shop twice and the first one was only selling totally wicked products and the second one which made their own juices on the premises was very expensive. I did purchase some juice from the latter though and it was disgusting. O.K. if you like to lick an ash tray but for me. NO.
Once you've found a good online vendor they can be no other way IMHO

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
It would be nice to taste e-juice before you buy, so I'd rather buy e-juice from a brick and mortar. BUT, from the few local B&M's I've seen that sell e-juice, the prices are ridiculously inflated. I mean, I can see marking it up some to cover expenses, but double?? No way I'm paying double, so for now, I get all my e-juice online. The selection is better and the prices are a lot more reasonable.

As for the equipment, I generally buy equipment that's been recommended here on ECF or by Busardo and GrimmGreen on YouTube. By the time I'm clicking on the "Buy" button, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm gonna get! For that reason, I don't really care if I get my equipment online or in an actual store.

This Christmas, I'm going to AltSmoke's store down in Cincinnati (about a four hour drive, but I'll be visiting my brother for Christmas down there anyway!) AltSmoke will be my first visit to a true vaping brick and mortart store. The local Cheap Tobacco stores here have a really limited stock of vaping supplies (they don't even have empty cartos! Just prefilled! Ask 'em what ohm level they are and the store clerk just kinda looks at you blankly and says "What's an ohm?" sheesh...) It'll be nice to be somewhere that caters only to my vaping whims! Place looks gorgeous, too...can't wait!

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
Tricky question - which do I use now or which would I rather? I suppose since a B&M w/FT prices is quite unrealisitc, the the question must be the former, to which I answer - prices. Not necessarily knockoff prices, but just savings in general. If price plus shipping will equal or outweigh the B&M price then I will surely go to the B&M.

DSullivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Spring Lake Heights
I also find the poll does not account for the fact that many of us do not have a store near us. I buy everything on line because I have to. The only thing you can get near me right now, is disposables at a store that sells analogs. I suggest you adjust your poll to include an answer for vapers like me. As such, I can not participate in this poll.

Byebyeanalogs73

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2013
OKC
I like to buy local. I do, however, seek out the local b&ms that carry premium juice. Several carry premium vendor's juices. I can get mad murdocks, 5 pawns, suicide bunny,mr e, halo, and virgin vapor. I also order online. Love me some vape mail. Pretty fortunate to have an over saturated market here. Most b&ms around here make juice, but I've found them to be subpar. Captivape is the only local juice maker I can dig. I approach my e liquid taste like my dining and beer drinking taste. It's all about the love. I like to eat food prepared by people passionate about what they do. Same goes for beer and e juice.

dubbya

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Charlotte, NC, USA
I prefer to shop locally if at all possible. The idea of walking out with product in hand is always appealing to me. That said, I can buy good juice locally but hardware is only now beginning to trickle in around me so it's been online predominantly for years now. Getting better though.

Sent from my N9810 using Tapatalk

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I buy online and at my local B & M. I actually just bought 2 itaste VTRs at my local store because it was priced the same as online so I went ahead because I'd rather give someone local my money than afar. I also purchased some juices... They were 4.99 for 10ml so not bad on price. That store is ok and I do go there some.

I stopped at another store about 20 min away and their juices were just nasty. I won't be going back there. They had to be selling Chinese crap. Yuck. It all had a horrible after taste. I tested every juice he had... All were just gross.

I spend a lot online though. Usually from mount baker vapor because its cheap and I love most of their flavors. I also purchase my DIY stuff from them too.

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
I have a wonderful B&M very close to me that sells awesome juices. I send them a lot of people because they are honest and spend lots of time with newbies. I always have their business cards with me so if I get questions I'll give them a card and tell them my name so they can tell the B&M staff I sent them.
The B&M gives me a discount because of that. I have bought equipment and I buy the juices I can't make DIY from them.
I also buy from EBay and FT when I'm looking to stock up.
My hubby bought his Zombie ProVari from the B&M. I bought my Bronze Mini online.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I'd like to buy more from my local B & M shops, problem is most of them don't have the devices I'm looking for in stock when I'm ready to buy...the only 2 items I've purchased in store are my authentic Nemesis and a KFL+, I got lucky with the Nemesis getting their last one and the KFL was in stock a only 1 store in Los Angeles at the time I wanted it...with so many manufacturers out there these days it's difficult when you're looking for a specific item, they can't carry them all.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I do both B&M and online shop. Prefer B&M to buy equipment and they can answer any questions I have. Problem is shop is an hour drive from me. Online is cheaper on stuff but a ten dollar shipping fee. I drive a F250 Super Duty and ten dollars just gets my truck warmed up to drive. :( Juices are 1/2 price online as the B&M shop. I have 6 Ego-C upgrade systems running in the house and I just got a Itaste MVP. I see myself going adjustable voltage route now. I puff my Itaste between 550 to 600 times a day and go through a 30ml a week. I like having the puff counter.

MandM78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
NJ
www.gregpetrow.com
I prefer to pay fair prices... that usually justifies where and how I spend.

I really like my local B&M: the people are nice, they're very helpful, they have a pretty nice selection from eGo batts to mech mods to APVs, and they have great juices mixed while I wait. However... they're slightly pricey. (I just bought my KF clone there and it was like $20 more than online... but no shipping cost, no waiting and they built me a few extra coils.) I'll keep going there for my go-to juice (Magilla Vanilla - Good Karma Vapers), and I may pick up some small stuff, or window shop... but I'll most likely end up buying most stuff online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread