Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar Vape Shop or buying from an Online Vape Shop?

Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar (B&M) Vape Shop or buying from an Online Reseller?

• Buy from Brick & Mortar (B&M)

• Buy from Online Reseller (e.g Fasttech)

• Buy E-Juice at B&M

• Buy E-Juice from an Online Store

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from B&M

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from an Online Store

• Prefer E-Cig Sticks (e.g EGO/EVOD)

• Prefer APV (Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage)

• Prefer Mechanical MODS

• Prefer Both APV and MODS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to buy from local B&M stores because I can try e liquid and mods before I buy them and I am supporting vaping in my local area. The problem I have is that everything is so much cheaper online(and juice isn't that great at my local shop). So if something is only alittle more locally I stop in and grab it. Many mods, RBA's, tanks ect.. are twice as much or more or they just don't carry that type of product at my B&M.

Personally I really like a mod and kayfun for vaping. PT2 or Iclear tanks are good for travel(in my pocket) or for my wife(but she still uses a Itaste SVD). I have a stick battery but never use it, as a backup I carry an extra battery and a Itaste vv. Cant comment on a mech just yet, still waiting for fasttech do deliver :)

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I just wanted to update everyone that when I started this thread/poll there were no vape shops in my area. Now there are at least 4-6 shops that opened. I went to one to show my support but like everything else retail it was more expensive and the ejuice I sampled sucked. Actually the sales person mentioned they let under age kids sample the zero nic. Yikes, I won't be going there again. I think I'll stick to buying stuff online.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just wanted to update everyone that when I started this thread/poll there were no vape shops in my area. Now there are at least 4-6 shops that opened. I went to one to show my support but like everything else retail it was more expensive and the ejuice I sampled sucked. Actually the sales person mentioned they let under age kids sample the zero nic. Yikes, I won't be going there again. I think I'll stick to buying stuff online.

Eek :( that sounds like a real seedy shop. You should check out the other ones in your area, chances are there's at least one good one :)

There are 2 shops within 5 miles of where I live. One of them is fantastic :D their stuff costs more than online stores, but only by a little. I prefer buying liquid there because I can try it before I buy it :) when I first started vaping I had to buy everything online, and I ended up not liking most of what I bought because it didn't taste as I imagined it would, and I ended up with about 40 bottles of liquid and only vaping 2 flavors; buying flavors to try them was a huge waste of money in comparison to just going to my B&M.

I've never been to the other shop, I've heard it's not very good at all and I have no reason to bother.

dapigg

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Acworth, GA, USofA
I have visited my local vape shop once just to check it out and try a few new flavors at the vape bar but typically it is easier to just order from them online and have it shipped to me. I can order it on a Friday and it is here on Saturday or Monday at the latest. Also, they have a menthol maker where you select a flavor, type of tobacco, nicotine, pg/vg mix, and menthol strength which can only be customized with online orders. We like the Natural Tobacco with a hint of Chocolate at 18mg nicotine, 70/30 mix, and strong menthol. The wife and I think the flavor is the most satisfying in replacing our old menthol cigarettes.

wth303

Jul 13, 2014
st louis
I buy from b&m mostly for the get it right now factor...but only if they have a web site that i can check prices first,,if they have a web site that does not show prices i don;t go there.I have found a couple of shops that have things in the store that are priced lower online.I walk out on that one.But at least here the st louis area we have quite a few b&m and seem to be gettig more all the time

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I have visited my local vape shop once just to check it out and try a few new flavors at the vape bar but typically it is easier to just order from them online and have it shipped to me. I can order it on a Friday and it is here on Saturday or Monday at the latest. Also, they have a menthol maker where you select a flavor, type of tobacco, nicotine, pg/vg mix, and menthol strength which can only be customized with online orders. We like the Natural Tobacco with a hint of Chocolate at 18mg nicotine, 70/30 mix, and strong menthol. The wife and I think the flavor is the most satisfying in replacing our old menthol cigarettes.
I would love a vape bar where they prep your selection. I guess samples on the wall for everyone to try is ok...I've had to ask them to inspect a few since it was leaking or maybe it was someones nasty saliva.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Absolutely buying online. Hate being treated like some kind of dummy till I get annoyed and unleash a raphe of knowledge on them. Then I walk out the door laughing to my self. Hunting stores seem to be the very same way as a lot of vape B & M's. Think I am turning into a grumpy old man like my father did. LOL

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I got into DIY anyway, and then used my first cartomizer and wanted to cry cause I can't rebuild those. lol
Now I use cartotanks and rebuild coils for friends at $1-$1.50 each depending on whether they bring in their old ones for me to use for the next guy. Helps me buy my cartos and practice my coils, which I need cause I do have an RDA to rebuild as well.

That's a great idea. I've been learning how to build coils and enjoy dripping much more than using a clearo.

DIY is my thing and if you like tobacco flavors you might want to try MyVapeJuices. I got my order today and very impressed by the presentation and my free sample and goodies. They're an ECF supplier.

Don't you love Vapemail!!!

MVJ1storder.jpg

This has to be the most creative packaging yet with real popcorn. It says on the box, "Trying to keep it green! Please feed the popcorn to the bird. Thank you!"

They gave me a free sample of their DIY "Our Ry4" flavor, 12 x Free bottle labels for my next batch of experiments, and a Tootsie Roll. Plus I used coupon code "welcome" to get 10%. Another reason why I love buying from online vendors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread