Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar Vape Shop or buying from an Online Vape Shop?

Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar (B&M) Vape Shop or buying from an Online Reseller?

• Buy from Brick & Mortar (B&M)

• Buy from Online Reseller (e.g Fasttech)

• Buy E-Juice at B&M

• Buy E-Juice from an Online Store

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from B&M

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from an Online Store

• Prefer E-Cig Sticks (e.g EGO/EVOD)

• Prefer APV (Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage)

• Prefer Mechanical MODS

• Prefer Both APV and MODS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I buy from both B & M and online. B & M because it gives me a chance to sample juices that i have never tried before and when I find one I like I buy a bottle and then compare prices of it online to see which is cheaper. As far as mods go I find most local B & M's are about the same price as online not always but sometimes.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
Local B&M with online stores will probably try to have competitive pricing like Vapor Tek USA.

I have another great experience with online shopping from Fat Daddy Vapes. I ordered a dozen Knurled Screw which are hard to find and 2 IMR Batts for my sub-ohm experiments. I ordered it Friday and got it Monday. $21 with free shipping and got a free gift of 3 magnets so I can use my Nemesis mod with a beauty ring.

1storder.jpg

dogmanactual

Verified Member
May 14, 2014
United States
i'll buy liquid from retailers at local shops because i get a chance to try it, they have a wide variety available to pick up at any time, and i don't have to wait.

when it comes to hardware, retail shops will never be able to compete with online prices. i just can't afford double or sometimes triple vs. an online retailer where it's half the price.

Starre

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
plus.google.com
I prefer to buy my hardware online exclusively. Most of the eliquid I purchase is also done online. B&M's are great for sampling ejuice, but I always try too many and it ends up tasting different at home. So, lately even my juice is bought online. I'm waiting on a mini Aerotank and coils from Sweet Vapes, and Wakonda from Nicoticket:)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I'm about half and half. I like being able to try different juices before I buy them at the B&M's but usually the prices are better online. I DO prefer buying mods, tanks, and accessories online though, due to the normally lower prices.

I've been meeting several vapers during my vape break that buy from local B&M and when they find out about all the deals online, they want to know where I get it. Since I've been a member here and doing my own trial and error experiments (and spending thousands of dollars in the process) I've collected a wealth of knowledge to help others save money and make better choices. Thank you ECF friends for contributing and keep it real!

kitti H

Jun 10, 2014
TX, USA
The advantage of a B&M for e-juice is the ability to taste test, and even occasionally buy small bottles to see how it steeps (I have tried a couple that were fine in the store, but after steeping tasted medicinal or just nasty). But usually once I know for certain I love a flavor, I look for a better price and larger quantities online. Literally just got 30ml bottles of one of my favorites online for half the price of a 15ml at my store.

As for APVs/Mods etc., in a similar way, I do like to check them out in person before considering a purchase, check local prices, then dig around online. 9/10 times bats, chargers, tanks, accessories etc. will be dramatically more expensive at a B&M, plus most do not keep a wide variety in stock.

My personal preference right now is APV, I have tried out one of the vape shop guy's personal RDA's and it is pretty sweet of course, but I am usually too buy with work and school to refill or rewick so often. And I prefer something a little lighter weight when I am driving as well.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
I do both also. My atf B&M is a great place and prices are real good considering plus they have multiple discounts to offer at checkout. I know I can count on them if something go's bad because they keep everything I could need in stock. My juices come from them exclusively. I will not order juice that I can't try first and my local brand is awesome always a fre kick of a new flavor in 10ml. They just started a custom juice bar and will mix up anything you could want. I do online purchase the wifes tanks, bvc's, and my drippers. Got the wifes MVP2 at the B&M for $20 it was a lightly used trade the only thing missing was the box it came in. My IPV2 was bought there too for $90 out the door new. My drippers came from online and the new builds at the B&M they have a free wick and wire station for everyone to use. Out of the 9 B&M's in my area I visit 2 regularly and purchase from one 9 out of 10 times. We're at a point where we don't need anything that we can't get locally and justify any online savings. I guess if it were my hobby the lions share would be online.

I voted "buy juice at B&M"/"buy parts and equipment from an online store" but really those are the only options I've got.

I'd far prefer to get everything in one place from a local retailer BUT where I am, that's not possible. The market here doesn't seem to be big enough to warrant the need for more than the one B&M store in town. It's a really good one, but it's high-end. I love going in and tasting the juices, but the (great quality) equipment they sell is far past the beginner level in a higher price range, and as for the juice they sell - while well worth $17.50 per 30ml bottle - I'd prefer to get more flavours at a time in smaller quantities.

So if I had my druthers I'd support someone who opened up a local shop with a wider selection of equipment, from el cheapo beginner 510s and eGo-styles (and higher-end 510s and eGo-styles for the few who want to stick with 'em) to the fancier mods - plus the individual pieces - and e-liquid in a variety of sizes and/or the supplies for DIY-ers, even if the prices were higher than buying online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread