Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar Vape Shop or buying from an Online Vape Shop?

Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar (B&M) Vape Shop or buying from an Online Reseller?

• Buy from Brick & Mortar (B&M)

• Buy from Online Reseller (e.g Fasttech)

• Buy E-Juice at B&M

• Buy E-Juice from an Online Store

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from B&M

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from an Online Store

• Prefer E-Cig Sticks (e.g EGO/EVOD)

• Prefer APV (Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage)

• Prefer Mechanical MODS

• Prefer Both APV and MODS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I generally buy equipment from my favourite little B&M. I know it's more expensive, but my guy stands behind his products and I know if anything wasn't working he wouldn't screw me over. I also buy some juice from there, but I prefer online for that because of the massive increase in selection. I always feel like something is missing if I don't at least drop into the shop once a week even just to hang out for a bit though. lol

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
I prefer online buying. I've been to approx 5 B & M shops and always feel weird there.. just like other shops, I don't like sales people hovering over me, lol. Plus, I've come across a few that the sales person didn't know what they were talking about, and I know what I want, easier to order online. Sucks, I'd rather support our local "Mom and Pop" shops, but they are just too expensive and not an extensive choice of items, and are always more pricey than online.

wallymobobber82

Moved On
Jan 8, 2015
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Forum Rules

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I buy online exclusively, for a couple of reasons. I'm disabled, so I do 99% of all any kind of shopping online. There is way more variety online and it is easier to compare prices. My nearest B&M is 50+ miles away. I did stop there once when I was in town, but they seemed to be (only) interested in the under 25 crowd. And, of course, price.

neyel8r

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
1. Do vapers prefer buying from a local Brick & Mortar Vape Shop or from an Online Store?

2. Why?

a. If they prefer a local shop, what do they like about it or would like to see in a Vape shop? And vice versa.
b. If both, what would sway them to support a local shop instead or vice versa.

3. Do vapers prefer the e-cig battery sticks like the EGO or do they want a Advanced Personal Vaporizer and/or Mechanical Mod?

1. online exclusively

2. not enough B&Ms in my area & the ones i've researched have ridiculous prices

a. N/A
b. N/A

3. i'm fairly satisfied with ego-style batteries (if it's vv like my Spinner II), but i find that i really prefer higher-quality tanks like my Kanger Aerotank with APVs; although my cheap ebay vv/vw battery (with passthru nonetheless) broke on me recently, i should be receiving a much better (& expensive Innokin VTR for $47 shipped with free nic juice sample) APV device in the mail this week

Last edited:

alexfeetham

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
I personally buy from a brick and mortar store as one popped up in my local area that happens to be very good, can go in test ALL their e-liquids on a variety of devices. They're more than happy to set you up with a dripper to test juices on if thats what you prefer and will re-wick it for every new juice. Can't fault the shop, I dont mind paying a little extra when I get to try the stuff i'm going to buy.

HangGlide

Jan 10, 2015
WA
Sorry to hear that. Maybe this poll can assist someone who wants to start a B&M in their city. I personally would rather buy online especially if it's a good deal + free shipping. If I go to a B&M, I do want to support them by getting their top selling/on sale ejuice. However, I just hate it when "any" store over prices things. I get there is overhead costs to run a retail business but have read of vape shops that have ungodly markup. That is why I'm thankful for ECF and Vapor Joe.

+1 "ungodly markup" If they weren't so overpriced I'd buy local - see/buy same day.

Reactions: PinkEgoTUser
Ok, I'm not sure how this works but I'll give it a shot. I may have to edit a few times. =D

I'm wondering about a few things:

1. Do vapers prefer buying from a local Brick & Mortar Vape Shop or from an Online Store?

2. Why?

a. If they prefer a local shop, what do they like about it or would like to see in a Vape shop? And vice versa.
b. If both, what would sway them to support a local shop instead or vice versa.

3. Do vapers prefer the e-cig battery sticks like the EGO or do they want a Advanced Personal Vaporizer and/or Mechanical Mod?
1. I buy from a B & M, but I'm in NJ so we call them Vape Den's or Vape Lounges
2. BC I need my stuff now I don't like to wait. In saying that if I find a juice I like & can order it online in a bigger quantity then I will do that.
a.My vape shop has a taste bar so you can taste every juice they sell, house blends as well as juices from other companies. They also have a dripper bar which offers the same juices.
I would like to see in a Vape Shop the option to try out different tanks & box mods, mech mods before I but that why I know exactly what I'm getting & if what I bought is what I like not having to go off of someone else's experience.
b. If I find a juice I tasted in the vape store I will buy online in a larger bottle.

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
I'd prefer in store, but I have yet to find one who has what I need.

They never have anything i need. Seems like they never have what I want or don't know what they are talking about.

I'd love to save on shipping. And hate waiting via mail.

Advanced, and they don't sell diy supplies. Plus more expensive. I've yet to see a great store in person. They don't seem to last very long around here and I think that's the reason, not enough supplies and only basic ego stuff or very high end mods. So I only shop online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread